Underworld

• Thread starter old.Gombur Glodson
  • Start date
L

Lumikki

I didn't like anything about it really, the whole ending was somehow very dull. I loved matrix 1 and liked Reloaded, but somehow number 3 just totally missed my target.

The battle of Sion was boring, last fight was terrible, Neo and Trinity dying, the "machine head" thingy that spoke to Neo was just corny, oh well just about everything in it.

Now can you tell me what good there was in that movie?

xx

O

old.Tohtori

I actually asked what was so ridicilous that it made oyu laugh, but, fair is fair and here are the points from jugoslavi...err..i mean...the reasons i liked it(nr.3 that is).

Battle of Zion(sorry, just like to write it like that :p )

For one aspect it's a great masterpiece of computer animation, but that's not why i liked it. I'm what you call a "mechfreak" in a sense. I like anything mechanical that can walk, shoot and sometimes talk. So machines versus humans in machines was something i loved to see. The soldiers with 'zookas, reloading grunts, the whole "grab the balls and fight" aspect of it was a thrill.

On a sidenote, last man standing and fighting of hordes of machines was also one of those scenes that just lifted the hair in the back of my neck.

Ok, moving on.

Neo dying is debatable(but let's not be nerdy) Trinity dying was something i didn't expect, but i HAVE been waiting for people to use in movies. Kill the good guys is always a plus. It also, as i'll explain later, brought closure to the lovestory in the trilogy. A fine choice in my opinion.

The last fight with Agent Smith was, well, let's say it could've been better but it fitted the whole anime style way i've been watching all three movies. Though, when you've seen two movies of matrix, the fightscenes can't be expected to get better and better all the time.

I'm not gonna say in a roundabout way "everything was goood!!" because that's not true, but as a whole movie, as a closure to an excellent trilogy, i say it's good. Everything isn't as i would've done it, hell, the trilogy would be quite different if i did it, but i can respect and see the views that the wachovski brothers wanted to bring out. It's a good trilogy, ranks up there with any trilogy i've seen.

If you want my "disses" for the movie, i'd say it went too deep into the real world and didn't focus enough on the matrix. It threaded a bit too much on the line of corny and not corny enough. And i would've liked more(or more hightech) guns.

There you go, hope that suffies.

S

saltymcpepper

i got a good hand job while watching it

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
i got a good hand job while watching it
From a 70 year old fat greasy spotty man with a beard full of cheese and fish.

S

saltymcpepper

Originally posted by Jonaldo
From a 70 year old fat greasy spotty man with a beard full of cheese and fish.
goddam ive told you 100 times I DIDNT TAKE YOUR FUCKING GF TO THE CINEMA OK

G

Graknak

aye underworld is crap, went to some cheapass movie festival, waited till 3am in the morning for them to finally show Underworld and b000m, disappointment smacks ya in the face like a steam-powered locomotive at full speed. Seriously it was crap and a fcking waste of good gaming time xD

L

Lumikki

Yes that was fine Doc, our opinions are simply just different.

xx

A

armado

need somethings cleared out here..

anime..

Akira and Ghost in a shell (or was it the, dont remember) these are both "anime" movies..

but the matrix, can someone please explain to me whats "anime" about that one.. just dont get it.. slow motion.. classical holywood lovestorys and great philosophical questions asked in a clumsy way..

dont get me wrong, these are all cool films, but what the hell is anime about them?

and that underworld film... anime or rippoff from the penn and paper roleplays from whitewolf?

K

kinag

Just seen underworld..

Tbh, I am a big fan of vampires and lycanthropy (werewolves).

I have read loads of Lycantropy and I just love it hehe.

Underworld was a movie of my taste.

I loved it :D

Wouldn't mind watching it again :clap:

BUT, people got different taste, so nobody can flame each other for not liking or liking the movie :)

O

old.Tohtori

Armado i said "anime style".

Meaning.

Watch a few animes, then watch matrix and you'll notice that the outlook, colors, characters...similar more to anime then classic holly.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by armado

and that underworld film... anime or rippoff from the penn and paper roleplays from whitewolf?
read the link I posted earlier in this thread. Whitewolf sued the makers of Underworld.

C

cHodAX

well...

Underworld : Could have been so much better, the plot is very thin in parts.

PotC: Legend of the Black Pearl : Pure class, Johnny Depp gives a stellar peformance.

The Last Samurai : A very decent Tom Cruise movie, been a long while since the last one :p I wasn't expecting much from this but i was pleasently suprised.

Bad Santa : Lots of laffs but don't take the kids ;)

Elf : Best kids film this year and maybe the best kids film in a long time.

Gothika : Steaming pile'o'shite

The Haunted Mansion : Nother steaming pile'o'shite

Matrix 3 : Much better than most people on these forums spout off on, still not even close to the film it should have been. Matrix 2 fuked the whole trilogy up to be honest.

Cat in the Hat : More like 'Shoot me in the Sack', seriously baaaaaad film. Mike Myers should be lined up against a wall and shot for this complete crap.

Master and Commander : Misery guts Russell Crowe in yet another good film. He certainly can pick the good ones.

The Missing : Not bad, not bad at all. Worth a watch if you can get in on a matinee showing.

Love Actually : Wtfpwnz the competition, a polished feel good factor film with alot of laughs.

S.W.A.T. : Overated, drunk Irish playboy in yet another peice of over-hyped crap.

Timeline : Million miles better than the reviews would have you belive, not perfect but above average and worth the admission fee.

Seabiscuit : Classy film for the whole family, well shot and well acted with a soild if slighty incorrect retelling of the true story.

Kill Bill Vol 1 : If you don't like anime and manga style films then give this a wide berth, good film for what it is but very overrated by certain reviewers.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

saw underworld yesterday, have to say, nice story line, nice effects, a VERY nice kate, bit of an anticlimax at the end, all in all. worth seeing on (rental) DvD imho.

O

old.LandShark

I like how toto's point here is that underworld and indeed revolutions rock if you have very easily satisfied tastes in movies. :p
For my part I thought Underworld was boring with horribly matrix-cloned action scenes. Apart from the head lycan dude the acting was almost universally crappy; Kate Beckinsale's character was meant to be emotionless so fine, crap/non-existant acting there. The vampire/lycan hybrid dude was good, mind you. But the young head vampire dude, omg... high-school-pantomime acting, that was.
All that said I did actually like the storyline.

F

fanatical-ace

Someone asked if Underworld wasnt just a big ripoff of some other story/game/movie etc.

Yes, it uses White Wolves 'World of Darkness' setting almost to the letter.
White Wolf is the company that made the pen-and-paper roleplaying games Vampire the Masquerade, Mage the Acension and Werewolf the Apocalyps (among other games) that are all set in a world that called the World of Darkness - a darker (very goth) reflection of our own world.
White Wolf actually took the company responsible for Underworld to court over this matter (copyright and intelectual property violations) but i dont know if or how this was resolved.

D

Danya

Underworld is so derivative it's untrue. That said I quite enjoyed it just for it being a nice predictable vampire movie. :p

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Danya
Underworld is so derivative it's untrue. That said I quite enjoyed it just for it being a nice predictable vampire movie. :p
and for having Kate Beckinsale in pvc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom