Underworld

• Thread starter old.Gombur Glodson
  • Start date
O

old.Gombur Glodson

I strongly advice people against seeing that piece of crap :(
2 hours of my life that I will never get back :mad:

The movie might have a nice potentiel, but it's just crap in all aspects.

O

old.Dillinja

I just watched Pirates of the Carribean for the first time. Great film.

And yes, Captain Jack Sparrow pwns. :D

C

Conchabar

i saw it ages ago and it htought it was ok

O

old.Tohtori

Underworld has a new aspect to the whole vampire/werewolf thing and i found it to actually be refreshingly good compared to all the "chiiiildren of the niiiight" bram stroker/wanna stroke movies. It was dark, had action, had good enough actors, had new ideas and all in all..it works.

Sorry for all you art critics..

err...

For all you art critics out there, you can shove that monocle where the sun don't shine and sometimes, just -sometimes-, watch a movie without ripping it apart because it's not made by some James Von Moviemuister.

Black Pearl was a class pirate movie. Been a while since the last one.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Underworld has a new aspect to the whole vampire/werewolf thing and i found it to actually be refreshingly good compared to all the "chiiiildren of the niiiight" bram stroker/wanna stroke movies. It was dark, had action, had good enough actors, had new ideas and all in all..it works.
Wasn't it supposed to be a rip-off from some other thing with almost all the same backgrounds and ideas?

Just looked back in the archives and found this, must be what I remembered..

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Wasn't it supposed to be a rip-off from some other thing with almost all the same backgrounds and ideas?

Just looked back in the archives and found this, must be what I remembered..

New aspect "into the movies" then.

*rubs his point a bit clearer*

S

Sharma

Heh, its a story rip from Romeo and Juliet.

2 sides, 2 people from both sides love each other depite the row between the sides.

Sound familiar?

O

old.Tohtori

Well not really since it's more like one side and one from slightly-in-the-middle....

L

Lumikki

Looking forward to seeing it, that noir/gothic style really appeals to me.

D

Derric

It's a funky enough movie,the ending was a bit o0 though. (heard reports people laughed in the cinemas).
And,it could have been more fighting. ;o

O

old.Tohtori

Well not to spoil too much of it....

The ending was slightly anime oriented. It's a classic and some people just don't get it.

Can you blame people really? When they expect dragons to look like snakes with wings, werewolves to look like...well..those are actually always been the same and vampires to look like very very gruntled people. Yes you can blame them.
buffy.jpg

"Arr! Look at me! I'm a vampiiiir! Really...honest...and i get beaten by a blonde girl..."

O

old.Gombur Glodson

The movie had some good potential with the story and all, but vampires who arent real vampires and lycans who can morph whenever they feel like it?

Mixed up with some lame story and lame love story, further mixed with lame action scenes (and the people in that movie should really get an aimbot)

And good ole coughing Viktor with the slowest reaction in the world.

1 minute after his had has been chopped in half it glides from his body and first then he dies.

Goth matrix, worst film I've seen in a damn long time, INCLUDING matrix revolutions.

O

old.Tohtori

Since, you don't like underworld and evidently don't like matrix(2 or 3 or all) that much, i'm guessing you don't like anime, japanese cartoons that is. Right? Would explain the deadon "laugh" effect you get.

Concerning vampires and werewolves...

It's not your vlad the impaler story, so don't look it like that. Who the hell knows what vampires and werewolves are really like. It's one story.

And as far as i'm concerned, there were only lykans and bloods in that movie..no vampires or werewolves.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I prefer Matrix then or a good action movie like Bad boys II.

O

old.Tohtori

People don't understand the anime style movies...should just stay home and not ruin the movie for others to be honest...

Hell, i don't laugh my ass off at your artsy fartsy movies...

L

Lumikki

Is there something anime in Matrix 3 then...?

xx

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Lumikki
Is there something anime in Matrix 3 then...?

xx

Well the whol trilogy STINKS of an anime :p

So to say atleast...

There's so many aspects in it that are familiar to the anime genre, even tentacles(that luckily don't rape neo in the end :p )

The wachiwski bro's are anime freaks themselves so, kinda expected.

Anyway, i loved the trilogy and can't wait for what comes next(if anything). Don't get me wrong, after 7 years i'm glad it's over finally and there's a complete story.

Same thing with Underworld, it has the "push towards" a sequal and it's good that there is one coming. Noone expects to explain that amount in one movie and make a huuuge asskicker movie at once. Next movie, will be no doubt better even.

Sometimes people should try, well you could Lumikki, to go to a movie and do what i do.

I chitchat with friends during trailers, this and that, throw popcorn, whatever you do...then when the WB, Miramax, whatnot movie title hits the screen you just stare. Get deep into it, kinda...feel the movie more then look at it and go:

"Crappy effect. Boo at that car crash. The lighting is a bit yellow."

If you can let go of all the "eyecandy" and "blockbuster" material, you can ejoy a movie a bit more.

Might want to read this a few times to get my punt...kinda crisscross at times.

C

Conchabar

god no more speak about matrix im so disapointed with it now :(

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Conchabar
god no more speak about matrix im so disapointed with it now :(

Let me guess, the last two parts arn't what they were supposed to be? :rolleyes:

O

old.tRoG

I like anime plots, action, characters etc.

... But I really, really, hate the drawing style.

PotC = Best film of the year. Yarrrr!

Not seen Underworld, though. The trailer looked alright :(

J

Jonaldo

40% of people said Underworld was shit.
55% of people said it was shit but Kate Beckinsale in PVC made it watchable
5% said it was good.

L

Lumikki

Well, don't get me wrong. It's not a custom for me to laugh and disturb people in the movies, but matrix 3 was just rediculous ( that's MY opinion, and I'm not talking about crappy effects) and I'm certainly not the only one who laughed there.

xx

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Jonaldo
40% of people said Underworld was shit.
55% of people said it was shit but Kate Beckinsale in PVC made it watchable
5% said it was good.

Would love to see where you got that from, your "let's get wasted" drink buddy association? :p

Just curious Lumikki, what did you find so ridicilous in Matrix3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom