uncharted 2

Yaka

Part of the furniture
demos up on psn :) deffo getting this one

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Avoiding the demo and any videos/media as much as possible. Gonna be fucking amazing.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Any PS3 owner will buttfuck this game all over.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Any PS3 owner will buttfuck this game all over.

With good reason, i recently got a PS3 slim and uncharted - it's awesome and if the second one matches the quality of the first then i'll probably give it a shot in the mouth as well.

Aada

Part of the furniture
With good reason, i recently got a PS3 slim and uncharted - it's awesome and if the second one matches the quality of the first then i'll probably give it a shot in the mouth as well.

Uncharted was brilliant i thought puts Tomb Raider to the fucking grave.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
just pld thru the firstt part of the game, the whole back flash thing is uber.
had my nice walk in while i pld and and she was tunned by the gfx.

shame about all the swearing on mp side of the game tho

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Multiplayer is a lot of fun, really enjoying it on the demo - will be going to get Uncharted 2 tomorrow because I fucking loved the first.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Just played it for 3 hours and fuuuuuck. It's better than the first game in pretty much every way.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im on the last bit, its far better game tan anything else ive pld this year, gfx, sound everything is top notch

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I'm anti PS3 for many reasons but I rented this game and it's ace! It's a must play game along with Batman and GOW2. I've not tried it multiplayer yet, will do this weekend.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ff is coming out on xbox 360, tho dunno how they are gonna cram all the cut scenes on a dvd

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay I just got through Uncharted 1 (finally), very very very good, didn't realise how little of it I had played through when I actually bought it.

Time to go get number 2!

old.user4556

Yeah I was glued to it when I got my PS3 two christmasses ago; even my family found watching it entertaining rather than the shat that was on the tele.

I've asked for uncharted 2 for chrimbo, very much looking forward to it too Chet :).

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just finished Ratchet & Clank - Tools of Destruction and am just about to start Uncharted. Next is either R&C - a crack in time or it will be Uncharted 2

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
You guys just starting Uncharted 2 are in for a treat :)

old.user4556

Noooooooooo! I must resist until Christmas day! Don't tempt me Frodo!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
uncharted 2 is jsut a epic, from start to finish. makes you wonder tho uncharted 3 if ever they get round will hae hard time surpassing it.

also dunno if you guys like 3d apps like 3ds/maya/zbrush but the guys behind uncharted 1 and 2 have posted some stunning stuff in this thread ZBrushCentral - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves art work

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus, I'm gunna have to try uncharted at some point. Everyone goes on about how great it is but the trailers just look like a generic 3rd person shooter. Quite interested to see what all the fuss is about.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jesus, I'm gunna have to try uncharted at some point. Everyone goes on about how great it is but the trailers just look like a generic 3rd person shooter. Quite interested to see what all the fuss is about.

It's basically a good tomb raider, with indy style humour. But it plays brilliantly.

old.user4556

I'm with Chet, I was like "man, this is gonna be like Tomb Raider but with Maverick from Top Gun" but it had enough set pieces, puzzles and cinematic cuts combined with great gameplay to really grab me. In contrast, I was playing tomb raider the other day and it sucked.

Also loved the Uncharted 2 Beta multiplayer, apart from the whiney yanks "ZOMG MARV, GET HANK THE MOFO LOLZ".

Yaka

Part of the furniture

thats is what i thought when uncharted 1 came out, the previews trailers and hype did nothing for me. a friend of mine was constantly raving about it then after finishing it gave me it for £5 best £5 ive spent if im honest. both are more similar to gears of war than tomb raider tho, more action litlle faffing about just like it should be

Aada

Part of the furniture
thats is what i thought when uncharted 1 came out, the previews trailers and hype did nothing for me. a friend of mine was constantly raving about it then after finishing it gave me it for £5 best £5 ive spent if im honest. both are more similar to gears of war than tomb raider tho, more action litlle faffing about just like it should be

Thats what i liked about it no annoying puzzles just action and a decent story with decent characters.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I just got this today can't wait to get stuck into it.

old.user4556

I gotta admit I am absolutely glued to Uncharted 2 which is rare for me game-wise, I played it solid all day yesterday on "normal" difficultly level which I sorta regret as I'm making advanced in it quite easily. I would recommend to play it on "hard" if you're wanting a good challenge from the get go. It really does feel like you're playing inside an interactive movie more than a game, once again the cut scene and action flows very well and the camera positioning during large scale climbing is always very good to help you concentrate on the current goal instead of fucking around with the right joystick.

My only slight niggle is that the set pieces almost feel a little bit too scripted and you're not that much in control of them - almost like you're playing Dragon's Lair when you're pushing the right button at the right time? Additionally, I know people will disagree but I'd like a bit more on the puzzle / brain-using front because it is feeling like i'm moving from shoot out to shoot out. Perhaps if Drake had to throw ropes / grappling hooks himself then it might give you the option to take a more dangerous approach in large scale actions (such as moving from building to building, or moving around caves with distant ledges) which may make it feel less linear.

These are minor gameplay niggles, not faults and just how I feel about some of the tasks. In contrast, the graphics are truly gorgeous and some of the action sections have blown me away. The train sections are very Raiders of the Lost Ark and the nepalese rooftop sections were very satisfying to play, particularly playing sneaky moves to hang from and edge and roll a grenade to the enemy's feet :). The snow and ice sections are also most excellent, but I shall so no more.

Go and buy a copy :).

Aada

Part of the furniture
I agree with the difficulty buy I'm on like chapter 9 now and
don't want to restart as i'm liking the story at the mo but if the game
is that good by the end i'm sure I'll do it again.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ok just started Uncharted 1 last night. Its amazing, the game play knock spots off TR, I know it has things in common with TR,(and thats why i like it) but its in a league of its own. I'm with G though, I like the whole solving the puzzles and working out how to get around, i feel the shootout scenes are a bit too long at times, I'm not into the COD or GOW shoot em' up stuff tbh, i like to spend time working out problems, but it does give you the chance to to practice ducks and rolls and hand to hand fighting, which i'm sure i will need to know as the game progresses

I'm also playing on 'normal'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom