Unallocated disk space...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So i had a peak in my disk management and noticed that my C drive had 60 gig of unallocated disk space and would really like to get my hands on that.....

So can anyone explain how that can be done? I really don't feel like experimenting with this :)

This is in windows 7 and i'd like it as a new partition.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
right click on it, merge (? I think) with your current partition.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Depends if the unallocated space is to the left or right of the main volume -if its on the left, windows probably won't be able to merge it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Not getting any merge options :/

Been looking around the web and ppl recommend partition magic, so i'l try that if its easy enough.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

What use is that when the OP wants a new partition?

Right click, New simple volume, tell it to use all the space, give it a drive letter, format (perform a quick one) off you go.

The above works in Vista 64, as far as I'm aware 7 uses the same Disk Management component. However I have never used the Applefied fest of donkey wank that is Windows 7 long enough to check.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Windows 7 is so much better than Vista it's silly, but yes it uses the same method.

Bodhi

Windows 7 is so much better than Vista it's silly, but yes it uses the same method.

This is all very well but you are overlooking one vital fact.

You're wrong.

Syri

FH is my second home
This is all very well but you are overlooking one vital fact.

You're wrong.

Nobody is right or wrong, it's a matter of personal opinion. Anyone is entitled to prefer one OS over another.
Though having said that, I can only think that using such a strong criticism of the most well received version of windows to date, and backing it up by saying that the worst received OS since windows 98 is better, you're probably not bothered about opinions, more likely just looking to stir up trouble. Especially considering the lack of relevance to the actual topic for this thread.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's Bodhi, he has aids. He likes Windows Vista (although it was a great OS, he's not wrong about that) anything Sony produce, and shit phones.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
7 is Vista, minus the system hog and bloat with added customisation options. I can understand prefering one over the other, but in terms of technical prowess, 7 is a much better beast than Vista, which had about the same shelflife as Windows ME. It was received about as well.

Bodhi

Nobody is right or wrong, it's a matter of personal opinion. Anyone is entitled to prefer one OS over another.
Though having said that, I can only think that using such a strong criticism of the most well received version of windows to date, and backing it up by saying that the worst received OS since windows 98 is better, you're probably not bothered about opinions, more likely just looking to stir up trouble. Especially considering the lack of relevance to the actual topic for this thread.

Moi? Trying to start trouble? Sacre Bleu quelle horreur!

7 still smells of donkey gay though. As does Wazz. However he also smells of wee and poo.

And bogies.

Bodhi

7 is Vista, minus the system hog and bloat with added customisation options. I can understand prefering one over the other, but in terms of technical prowess, 7 is a much better beast than Vista, which had about the same shelflife as Windows ME. It was received about as well.

Yes but 7 doesn;t have a file tree in Explorer, which is kinda like having DOS with no C:\ prompt. It tries to take over your view of your own files, like it knows better. Sorry MS, but if I wanted my PC to be gay like that and try and sugar coat stuff for me, I would have bought a fucking Mac.

To me Vista > 7 because Vista looks liek Windows, 7 looks like OS X. And that's an O.S for stupid people.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Erm, it does have file trees and it doesn't take over anything. No idea where you got that mess of misinformation from.

Syri

FH is my second home
If it's purely the looks you're concerned with, right click desktop, personalise, choose classic windows theme.
If it's the file tree not being there... well, it kinda is.
If it's the performance, that's better on 7. Found it miles quicker than when I had vista on here for a while.
Oh, and OS X is for stupid people? yeah... not even going to honour that with any argument, as it's just totally baseless drivel.
If you're going to try and argue a point, at least have a point to argue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom