Unacceptable Ingame Support...

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
I'm going to make a simple point. I sit available on the servers on average six hours a day, that isn't me being contactable to log in, that is being ON the server and I get on average maybe 5 questions in that 6 hours and about once every 3 days I reset an encounter gone pearshaped--
Maybe this is because you lack the appropiate in-game tools for people to register issues. It's not that hard to claim you get nothing to fix if only 5% of the game population knows how to get hold of you. European DAoC customers have been conditioned to use Rightnow or speak with E&E's. Most just accept that if something isn't working right they'll just leave it and hope it's fixed in a few days time and say nothing.

Wouldn't mind betting if Euro DAoC employed the same method of customer support as Mythic you'd be a lot busier. In fairness I'd also say a lot of that increase in support would be silly questions etc. Yeah I've been told before that there are legal / licencing reasons why you can't.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Maleg said:
Maybe this is because you lack the appropiate in-game tools for people to register issues. It's not that hard to claim you get nothing to fix if only 5% of the game population knows how to get hold of you. European DAoC customers have been conditioned to use Rightnow or speak with E&E's. Most just accept that if something isn't working right they'll just leave it and hope it's fixed in a few days time and say nothing.

Wouldn't mind betting if Euro DAoC employed the same method of customer support as Mythic you'd be a lot busier. In fairness I'd also say a lot of that increase in support would be silly questions etc. Yeah I've been told before that there are legal / licencing reasons why you can't.
As recently as this we told players how to get help ingame. We repeat this information every so often in the news. If people don't read the official site, there's not a lot more we can realistically do to keep them informed.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Maleg said:

Well i have 3 GM's on my 2 main characters friends list. I see them on alot of the time and they on even more above that as well as sometimes they dont show as being online. If you dont know they online and you contact an E&E then most the time they will know if they online or not anyways.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Aussie said:
If i see a GM online, i think he's busy and doesn't want to be annoyed with even more questions/problems.

Heh, not done it since before christmas now but normally every couple of weeks i just pm a gm for a short chat. Find out how things going at GoA, how progress on patches are coming along etc. There may be a delay in reply sometimes but they always replied back to me within 20minutes and then we chat for 10-20minutes before i tell them to get on with their work :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As recently as this we told players how to get help ingame. We repeat this information every so often in the news. If people don't read the official site, there's not a lot more we can realistically do to keep them informed.

Im sure alot of players dont read the weekly news very thoroughly though, but yes noone can blame you for that. Perhaps you should consider putting instructions on how to contact a gm in the server message of the day? Or in the /help command text.
I was recently online when a guildmate had a problem and he had no idea how to contant a gm, or what/who the E&E are, so i contacted a gm for him.
I think what you need is more ingame indications on how to contact you, as ingame is where most players spend their time, and its also where the problems are that they need help with :) I know you cant modify the code yourself but maybe you could ask mythic to maybe include a "contact gm" option in the Command bar in the future. Such a button would likely help alot of the playerbase.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
By the way, I may be wrong (may test it tomorrow), but if the door of 3.10 is shut, you can attack it and take it down. I've certainly known of people who've claimed to have done it.

Darzil

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Fana said:
Im sure alot of players dont read the weekly news very thoroughly though, but yes noone can blame you for that. Perhaps you should consider putting instructions on how to contact a gm in the server message of the day? Or in the /help command text.
I was recently online when a guildmate had a problem and he had no idea how to contant a gm, or what/who the E&E are, so i contacted a gm for him.
I think what you need is more ingame indications on how to contact you, as ingame is where most players spend their time, and its also where the problems are that they need help with :) I know you cant modify the code yourself but maybe you could ask mythic to maybe include a "contact gm" option in the Command bar in the future. Such a button would likely help alot of the playerbase.
The server message of the day is too short to put meaningful instructions in. As for special buttons, that's not likely to happen either. A new contact GM button would, as you say have to be added by Mythic and it is going to be very low on Mythic's very long priority list.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
How about just a msg that appears either on a special window-type-thingie, or whatever that as soon as a gm logs in it appears... a bit same method as with guildies that you see logging in and out...

Ofcours not everyone will be reading stuff but it's a way....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The server message of the day is too short to put meaningful instructions in. As for special buttons, that's not likely to happen either. A new contact GM button would, as you say have to be added by Mythic and it is going to be very low on Mythic's very long priority list.

You could do a server wide broadcast, to say that you are they when you log in to the game

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
in game support!

haahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Get real this is GoA we are talking about, THE worse company (french to boot) on the face of the planet. Name 1 other game company that abuses its player base soo badly.

Prove us wrong goa put up a poll on your website (if its up today and we we can get through your lag).

A simple

Do goa suck Y / N.

Pom

ps oh and Requiel dont make us laugh with your link to a /who 100 like there is ever any of them on. You simply demonstrate my earlier point.

Malena

Banned
GOA need to re consider a more formal ingame support as Mythics have

I play EVE online I got ingame support and even I can call them if something goes wrong 24/7 the respons are quik only 10min if something prevent me from playing

I play Wow got ingame support + phone support very good response time.

GOA need to sharpen there attidude about service. Notice I said GOA !?

Sidenote 1: The Gamemasters who are employed by GOA cant do anything about it they can only pass the info too there staff chief.

Sidenote 2: I know from the time I was E&E the Gamemasters do alot of ingame support even at weekends but that dont cover the need from the playerbase.

Thrinnor

Fledgling Freddie
Get real this is GoA we are talking about, THE worse company (french to boot) on the face of the planet. Name 1 other game company that abuses its player base soo badly.

EA.......Sony.........

and if you want to go really bad try DEREK SMART

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:

What Maleg says applies to me, i used rightnow twice came to the conclusion that it was utter bollocks and never bothered again, I spoke to 2 E&E's one (usp) was helpfull the other who shall rename nameless turned out to be as big a cock as I had expected.

so GoA might not be Shit, but as far as my perception goes, they are just as shit as everyone else (except First Direct, my bank, who wtfpown evryone)

;)

Corran

Part of the furniture
pomalllka said:
ps oh and Requiel dont make us laugh with your link to a /who 100 like there is ever any of them on. You simply demonstrate my earlier point.

This comment made me laugh mate. 3 GM's on my friends list and as such i know when they are visable on the prydwen server, and a hell of a lot of the time one of them is on, if not two of them which i seen time to time (Xalin and Requiel are the main people on together i find, and im sure they just up to some evil plot :p )

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
My dear GM's, Encounter is bugged again, would anyone be so kind to come aid us, this is Excalibur Hibernia... /wave

E&E's on IRC aint responding...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Aussie said:
If i see a GM online, i think he's busy and doesn't want to be annoyed with even more questions/problems.

If I see a GM online for 'us mortals' I think 'hey he turned off his 'super-anon' flag' and now can be PM'ed by us. He/She must have done this for one reason: He/she is available to help us.

On various occassions I PM'ed a GM who was online with 'just plain stupid' requests.. Like 'You send Xalin: Wanna trade GoV fullbook for a Hibernian Medallion of Passage (RARE!)' ?

Never got a good trade; but often had a good laugh with eachother. I however believe to think that if a GM comes online as 'level 100 called Requiel' there is a reason he comes online: He's available for ingame support.

He might not be available 'directly' but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Just want to say thanks to Zenythe for fixing encounter like 5 minutes after i posted last msg....

Thanks alot, super fast service... guess i was abit wrong, though i would still like some ingame msg system ;)

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Just want to add...

The encounter bugged again on second wave... then i asked an E&E on IRC to ask Zenythe to come, 2 mins later she was there and stayed there throughout the full encounter, made sure everything worked as it should (which it did'nt at first, but she fixed it)...

Superb support...

If only the GM's were more visible, so even new players had a chance to get such nice support... it would be close to perfect... Thanks again.

elyane

Fledgling Freddie
I am just saying that I agree on GOA supports is bad.. 3 or 4 weeks ago the keep lord in Molvik was bugged, I didnt care mutch for the ingame support.
So I took some screenies, logged the stuff, and sent a mail to right now, it took them OVER 1 WEEK to fix him :mad:

Not good support imho (on prydwen)
I only got the auto-spam mail: yeyeyey xDxDxD Thank you for you <enter whatever>
Nothing after that, not even: Thank you for reporting this bug to us :mad:

PS: Bad english soz on andvancre

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
elyane said:
I am just saying that I agree on GOA supports is bad.. 3 or 4 weeks ago the keep lord in Molvik was bugged, I didnt care mutch for the ingame support.
So I took some screenies, logged the stuff, and sent a mail to right now, it took them OVER 1 WEEK to fix him :mad:

Not good support imho (on prydwen)
I only got the auto-spam mail: yeyeyey xDxDxD Thank you for you <enter whatever>
Nothing after that, not even: Thank you for reporting this bug to us :mad:

PS: Bad english soz on andvancre

did you send it to the right section on RightNow? if you sent it to the subscription people it'd take time to reroute back to the GMs.

elyane

Fledgling Freddie
I hardly know how rightnow works :p
But I found the technical problem/issues thing, and sent it there....

Might have been the wrong one, and if it was its my bad :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom