Unacceptable Ingame Support...

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, you really need some people ingame that can manage trouble 24/7, ALSO in weekends.

Bracer of Zo'arkat encounter is bugged (again?) on Excalibur, and when trying to get it fixed im told to RightNow it, and they will fix it tomorrow? Ehm, how about fixing it now, really cannot believe it is so hard to come ingame and [delete those critters that cannot be attacked, or simply type [reset, or whatever commands you use...

So... take 2-5 mins of yer time and come fix... Thanks.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Agree. While Requiel, Zenyth and Erivoss are doing a good job they arent enough. There really should be support on weekends as well (and yes i know our gm's have loged on now and then during weekends but afaik that has been out of the goodness of their hearts), and preferably 24/7 - it would probably be enough to have one gm active at night to handle all servers if they implented a feature that enabled us to talk to a gm from any server to any server (altho i guess there arent many gm's that can speak all three languages used on the servers).

WoW can do this for their EU customers so there is no reason why daoc shouldnt. "RightNow it" isnt what people want to hear when their session plans have been destroyed because of a bug.

It isnt the end of the world, but it is annoying.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL

so basicly you go "whine whine whine goa sux why can't gm's do stuff for us on their day off"

and then expect them to log in ... in their free time ... and reset an encounter someone probably bugged dragging the mobs to land which is bugabusing in the first place?

I say ROFL

Maybe you could try a more friendly aproach?

And on the topic of WoW and other games that have 24/7 in game support ... I've been playing both WoW and US daoc servers lately and having to wait over 9 hours in game before getting an answer is NOT an exception ... and yes that means that if I go linkdead after 8 hours and 58 minutes that I have lost my spot in the cue and have to start again ... THAT is the reason why GOA chose Rightnow over an in game que system.

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia, you have no clue.

The problem isnt that the GM's aint doing it in their free time, the problem is that there is no GM's working in the weekend it seems... which is just not acceptable.

And in all other games ive played they do have 24/7 INgame support, more specifik UO & SB... it IS needed.

Sure it is as Fana said, not the end of the world, but can be annoying when you run out do to an encounter and see the critters standing at shore doing nothing, with no chance of resetting encounter yourself.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
ROFL

so basicly you go "whine whine whine goa sux why can't gm's do stuff for us on their day off"

and then expect them to log in ... in their free time ... and reset an encounter someone probably bugged dragging the mobs to land which is bugabusing in the first place?

I say ROFL

Did you actualy read the first post - or just jump into that stupid reply ?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Sorro said:
[..] you run out do to an encounter and see the critters standing at shore doing nothing, with no chance of resetting encounter yourself.

Pretty much narrows it down then doesn't it? ... Someone tried to pull them to land to kill them without risk .. = texture bug abuse = bannable offence = gonna mean GM's might not be horribly motivated to fix it right away since it was people's muppetness that bugged it in the first place ^^

Tears said:
Did you actualy read the first post - or just jump into that stupid reply ?

read it perfectly fine yes thank you.

All I'm saying is that in game support like offered by WoW isn't some magic gift from the heavens ... it won't mean if you have a problem that that problem is going to be fixed within 5 minutes.

But whatever guys go on ranting and whining ... I'm sure it's going to make GOA and the GM's more motivated to help you out when you need help.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
ROFL

I suggest a reading comprehension class if thats what you got out of reading mine and Sorros posts.

As i said, the work the gm's do is good work, and noone expects them to come online and help when they arent working (even tho they sometimes do, and that is very nice of them), what we want is for GOA to offer a higher level of support by hiering gm's for the hours where they currently have noone working (i.e. nights and weekends).

That any clearer?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
My replies weren't aimed at you Fana

And flame more please :)

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
E&Es anyone? bound to be one of us on, to contact a GM... did you search for one of us? im on pretty much all weekend, and looking at my msn, there is always a GM around, willing to go that extra mile to pop on and sort an issue out, on a DAY OFF !

Hell GOA arent perfect, but really you should make more of an effort to find solutions, than just grabbing the tissue box !

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Shanaia: Waiting 9 hours is far faster than waiting between 48-72 hours for GOA to reply to a rightnow request you've sent on a Friday evening.

The entire world doesn't stop at the end of a "working" day for many companies, online games are an example of this. Theres nearly 20,000 people ingame at various points during the weekend who are totally unsupported until Monday morning/afternoon when they can be bothered to go through rightnow.

If theres a problem with the Zo'arkat encounter then the bugs should be fixed upstream (ie. Mythic should fix it), then GOA support won't have to deal with the problems it creates.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
heh. They should hire some of those really cheap guys from India to cover the rest of the 24 support.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Daedalus said:
heh. They should hire some of those really cheap guys from India to cover the rest of the 24 support.
Hello, this is Norman from Bognor, how may I help you?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Shanaia: Waiting 9 hours is far faster than waiting between 48-72 hours for GOA to reply to a rightnow request you've sent on a Friday evening.

Point taken.

I personally still prefer sending in a request friday evening .. logging other chars logging off doing whatever I want to do and then getting my response monday ... as opposed to having to keep my char logged in untill I get a reply.

And I agree lets hire foreigners from around the world to cover the customer support .. not like anyone cares about the level of support ...

Seel you need to jump in on this one ... Jeff gets a couple of oriental co-workers?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Daedalus said:

As the 238th person to request support, you are now eligible for our special offer on mobile phones.

heh, I was called up by a trainee last week, who kept on getting his script muddled. He started with "Hello sir... madam... erm, sir! hello............ oh god!" and he hangs up :p

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
E&Es anyone? bound to be one of us on, to contact a GM... did you search for one of us? im on pretty much all weekend, and looking at my msn, there is always a GM around, willing to go that extra mile to pop on and sort an issue out, on a DAY OFF !

Hell GOA arent perfect, but really you should make more of an effort to find solutions, than just grabbing the tissue box !

We did contact an E&E, and was told what i quoted in my first msg... I would lub if people read what i wrote instead of assuming all sorts of stuff.

Shanaia, i dont care how the encounter got bugged, if ppl cheated, then im sure someday they get banned, but what i do care about is the fact it did NOT work when i got there, and appearently there was NO chance to get it fixed before monday = just not good enough ingame support.

And who the heck said anything about WoW except you.. i couldnt care less about that game and their support, i play daoc, and i want better support here, capiche?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Although its probably not a major issue for most people, providing such limited and slow support doesn't give GOA a good reputation.

If a new game came out with European translated servers provided by GOA, would you bother playing on the servers given the current levels of support?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, I remember 100+ people stuck at a bugged ML encounter on a weekend or evening (at least twice) and no ingame support

The GM's did an outstanding job, it was the systems imposed on them thats pathetic.

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
speaking as a E&E, Albion... Ive contacted GM's, over 50 times over the weekend to fix bugged encounters, and gms are only too willing to help... you should be cheering them, not slating them since its there day off... would you work on your day off?

as for sorro, you should be more clear in your post... OFC i read your post, but no where did it mention you spoke to an E&E and their response was rightnow it till monday etc you could have spoken to your guildie who said right now it, im not a mind reader

plus Zo'bra is never a 2-5 minute fix, it takes 20-30++ minutes of a GM's time... as they will have to oversee the encounter, as how happy would you be if it did it again and it bugged on wave 8

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I dont find it unacceptable that the GM's were not around.

However i do find it unacceptable that artifact encounters are STILL bugged, and that you need a GM around for the encounter to work properly.

:m00:

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
sorry if some find this rude, but got to post this, as Im pretty upset about it.

E&E team people in this thread: READ!

Seriously, nobody, in this thread, i repeat, NOBODY, have said ANYTHING negative about the GMs, we are all glad for the stuff they do, the thing people are complaining about is the COMPANY for not HIRING more GMs, not complaining about those we have.

You are so quick to see everything posted as something negative towards the GMs that it, for people like me at least, is sick, arent you supposed to be the link between players and the GMs? Isnt that a bit hard, if you hear every word a player mentions as a critisme of the GMs?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Shanaia said:
it won't mean if you have a problem that that problem is going to be fixed within 5 minutes.

maybe not 5 minutes but ive never had to wait longer then 30 minutes for them to fix all the problems ive had that they have been able to fix. and yes, even at 4:30 am a monday morning.

i dont mind waiting a while after ive bugged something.. but waiting 1,2 or even 3 days if not MORE? yes im grateful for whatever help GOA is offering, but its far far from enough. 24/7 ingame support shouldent even be something to think about fgs.. it SHOULD BE THERE!

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, nobody, in this thread, i repeat, NOBODY, have said ANYTHING negative about the GMs, we are all glad for the stuff they do, the thing people are complaining about is the COMPANY for not HIRING more GMs, not complaining about those we have.

Pretty much sums it up, im not as good with words as this fella here, but this is what i mean, i think the GM's are doing a great job, see them online in WEEKDAYS alot... but the annoying problem is... they are not there to help in weekends.

And fyi Mr.Amaru-Synergy, yes i do work for free in weekends as GM on an Ultima Online shard ( http://www.defianceuo.com ), with 1000+ population, so its endless spam of help pages, and the work creation dungeons etc. is immense, so... But i like to do it, and i certainly hope the GM's like their work too.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Amaru-Synergy said:
speaking as a E&E, Albion... Ive contacted GM's, over 50 times over the weekend to fix bugged encounters, and gms are only too willing to help... you should be cheering them, not slating them since its there day off... would you work on your day off?

as for sorro, you should be more clear in your post... OFC i read your post, but no where did it mention you spoke to an E&E and their response was rightnow it till monday etc you could have spoken to your guildie who said right now it, im not a mind reader

plus Zo'bra is never a 2-5 minute fix, it takes 20-30++ minutes of a GM's time... as they will have to oversee the encounter, as how happy would you be if it did it again and it bugged on wave 8

OMG when will people start to actualy read this damn thread - no one is having a pop at the GM's - they do a great job. Its the system imposed by GoA not to provide support at the games busy times that is the problem.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Iceforge said:
sorry if some find this rude, but got to post this, as Im pretty upset about it.

E&E team people in this thread: READ!

You are so quick to see everything posted as something negative towards the GMs that it, for people like me at least, is sick, arent you supposed to be the link between players and the GMs? Isnt that a bit hard, if you hear every word a player mentions as a critisme of the GMs?
Note: E&Es are volunteers, we dont get paid to help, we are link to the GMs as and when either they are available or when people are not being complete assholes asking for help or a GM. I cant speak for the others but we take a fair amount of flack in game when we cant contact a GM, do we quit or complain...no.

I agree more GMs would be great, but Im also happy paying my £8 a month instead of £15 like a lot of other games. So one encounter is bugged, theres plenty more to play with, go RvRing, take a keep, play in a dungeon, level an alt, go BGing, do an ML, smoke some weed, take a chill pill, go outside and see what the real world is all about etc etc. I know its a pain, but the problem is not with GOAs people, its with Mythics coding, and the odd asshole who tried to exploit a bug and borks up an encounter.

I have called upon the GOA team many times at weekends, despite their day off they do help, not once when Xalin, Requiel or Erivoss are online have they refused, even the day Erivoss was moving home and was all ready packed and getting ready to unplug his PC he took5 minutes out to help a bugged ML2.4.

They do their best for the price we pay. Live with it.

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
slight confusion on the posts it seems...

my point is, GM's are around over weekend... just you guys dont get to see them, and if there is a major problem, contact a E&E and the issue can be sorted, ofcourse its not 24/7, but it covers most of the day

Im trying to convey, use E&E more.... thats what we are paid for ! *coughs* that reminds me, Requiel - Min wage is £4.85 :wub: (Volunteer)

Sorry if Im getting all defenceless, but some people keep slating the GM's but never get to see what they actually do and when ! but you are right on one thing, its the System's Coding, not the GM's thats the problem

Aussie

Banned
should give E&E a limited set of commands to reset encounters which bug alot

popa

Fledgling Freddie
just give at last 1 csr 4 each server all the damn day u put /who CSR never see goa stuff online ( that need 3 ppl working 8 hours at day soo goa need too take @ 40 ppl at work just as game masters 40x2000 €=80000 doo think goa will give that money ?)

PS:goa dont get ppl 4 italin/spanish server atm soo i dont hink thei will pay 2000€ at mounth 4 that job

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Aussie said:
should give E&E a limited set of commands to reset encounters which bug alot
It's not possible. To reset encounters requires you to have access to pretty much the full suite of GM commands. While we place a lot of trust in our E&Es we are never going to give that kind of power to anyone who isn't staff.
There isn't a 'reset' command as such, each encounter has very different requirements to reset it and it's very possible to break it further or break it for other realms onthe same server if you try and fix it without the full information.

Popa, /who CSR does not work. Neither does /who DEV, you need to do /who 100 to see if there is a GM online. Most evenings there will be a GM on at least one server. If there's only one of us in the office, then we split our time between them however we are nearly always online somewhere and any E&E can reach us no matter where we are.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Popa, /who CSR does not work. Neither does /who DEV, you need to do /who 100 to see if there is a GM online.

What about on camlann?

you do /who 100 and you get like 400 peoples name show up :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom