UK Preorders no headstart?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Name of the web?

I dont need it shipped as long as they hand me a cd-key and gimme a download mirror.

Is the web in english?

Teh web ain't english, so, no go there.

Also i don't think they sell cd-keys, only the boxes.

jOX you old scounrdil, you finnish? :D

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Nope. I got that link from IRC. :)
Also check, Location in the upper right corner of my post..

rynnor

Rockhound
Gamestation have now put in the 3days early access on their site but confusingly - game who own gamestation havent updated and neither has play.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so should i cancel my CE order then? and just get the normal one and at least get a mount out of it?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
so should i cancel my CE order then? and just get the normal one and at least get a mount out of it?

Collectors edition has way more then just a mount. If you can afford it, it's worth it.

With normal it's a mount+"toolbelt".

With collectors edition:

Mount.
Belt.
Handfinished box.
+2% exp ring(unique i guess, and i think it adds to life too)
"Dream vessel" (unique only to CE) tankard that buys you free beer in every tavern i the world :D
Fake leather map of Hyboria. 10"x14"
Soundtrack.
Bonus DVD with material.
Artbook. 128 pages.
5 quest passes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Erm - I dont think the collectors edition gets the mount and belt actually - only standard edition...

It's the pre-order bonus on both, so it's kinda "applied".

Heck, if you got CE in order, i'm guessing it would have to be pre-order.

Without pre-order, you don't get a mount or belt in either case.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I got two CE pre-ordered and they bloody well should contain everything one could get with whistles and bells on it! :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Plenty of misconceptions going on about it.

The belt and mount are pre-order bonus only.
The extra bells and whistles are CE only.

So if you want it all, you're too late :D

The normal, non-pre-order pack has nothing.
But the normal, non-pre-order CE pack has all, except belt and mount.

Tilda

Not according to the UK stores toto.
You can still pre-order, just they're out of the early start stuff apparently.
I have a Preordered CE with a mammoth and both items so you get both.

Tilda

dilemma, the two unique items + mammoth and no headstart VS rhino and 3 day headstart!
Which do I go for?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
where ya see that tilda am lookin atm and i still cant see the 3 day headstart? thats all i got on webbie

* Important Note! We can only ship this product to United Kingdom addresses. We apologise for any inconvenience. All prices include UK VAT and delivery.
* Exclusive to the Collectors Edition
* In game items:
* Ring of Acheron gives the player higher XP points
* Drinking Cape - one free drink in all of Hyboria's taverns
* Contents
* Map of Hyboria
* Art book
* Exclusive soundtrack CD
* Buddy card (for 5 friends)
* 30 days free play
* Limited Edition Packaging
* Game Features
* First Mature rated MMORPG: Savage, bloody, lethal, debaucherous, chilling, fantastic and mirthful: ingredients found in Robert E. Howard's vision.
* Explore Conan's Universe, join his army, battle demons and foes and build cities known from 70 years of Conan history. Fight alongside King Conan himself.
* Real Combat System: Fight mounted or on the ground. The new multi-point melee system delivers real-time combat. Team up in battle formations and command both NPC's and other players in epic multiplayer battles as well as joining massive sieges.
* Conan's World: Enter a gigantic and savage world spread across the three nations of Aquilonia, Cimmeria and Stygia. Explore jungles, deserts, mountains, valleys, dungeons and cities.
* Advanced Technologies: Optimised for DirectX 10, Multi-core CPU and featuring Advanced Artificial Intelligence, Age of Conan takes advantage of the Dream World MMO Technology, delivering extremely detailed environments and real life physics.
* Player vs. Player and Player vs. Environment: Meet the ultimate resistance in human opponents, and crush the skulls of other players in arena fights, drunken brawls and sieges.
* Guild and Solo Gameplay: Form guilds and lay siege to hostile castles. Team up with other players in clans or experience an amazing journey deep into the lands of Hyboria alone.
* Diverse Gameplay: Player-made Cities, Crafts, Classes and numerous social opportunities are all but a few ingredients in this powerful Mature MMORPG.

taB

Part of the furniture
CE on play doesn't have 3day start at the mo, the normal £25 version has been changed back to include it again though.

My pre-order has been updated to reflect this too :)

The pre-start begins on the 20th does it not?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
well the CE better bloody get it what sort of CE is it that doest have the same features as standard release?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I ordered from Amazon. They still seem to have the head start etc...

Amazon.co.uk Pre-Order Information
For all Age of Conan pre-order customers, Amazon.co.uk is offering three-day early access to the game along with an Amazon.co.uk exclusive Amazonian curved bow. With extra time in the Hyborian Kingdoms and the perfect weapon for characters with archery skills, you'll be ready to crush your enemies in the name of Crom before they know what's happened.

Early Access: The Facts
Pre-order Age of Conan by May 14th, 2008, for the option to begin game play three days before the official Age of Conan launch.
On May 16th, Amazon.co.uk will e-mail each pre-order customer a unique code that can be used to download the Age of Conan software from the Age of Conan website with payment of a €5 fee (about £4).
Early game play will begin May 19th.
The code cannot be redeemed after May 23rd, the offical launch date.
After launch, customers will need to use their game key from their boxed copy of Age of Conan they purchased from Amazon.com to continue playing.
Pre-order customers are not obligated to redeem this offer.
The Amazonian Curved Bow

From the fabled dark jungles of Amazonia, the female warriors of Gamburu are well known for their combat prowess with bronze-bladed short swords and curved bows. At the cost of many brave lives, Hyrkanian raiders brought home a handful of the unique Amazonian bows, now mostly found in the black markets of Aquilonia.

The bow can be given to eight characters per account but cannot be equipped by any character without archery skills. You must learn these skills in order to use this bow. Rangers and Barbarians learn bow skills at level five, Tempests of Set and Bear Shaman learn bow skills at level 22, and the remaining eight classes do not currently have a way to learn how to use the bow.

The Amazonian curved bow is designed to be a very effective weapon when you’ve left the tender care of Tortage and are making your way in the big world for the first time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The thing about the head start is that it's 3 days, you pay 5e for 10 days, when it's almost cheaper to buy a GTC...actually is a bit cheaper to buy a GTC.

So the headstart is just a 3 day "nerner" code, i think i'll pass. Should check if i could give it to someone who really REALLY wants one though.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Remember that the head start caps at level 20 aswell. So you get to finish Tortage and explore it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But the headstart kinda feels like your girlffriend saying "Yeah let's have sex!" and her definition differentiating, from your lusty sex fantasy with stockings and/or whips, in a way that it's a three day wait from the initial promise of sex, which time you will be spending getting the bed ready and staring at it until your eyes pop out, and when the three day wait is over, it's not really sex but a f*cking blowjob that's over in two minutes and you don't even finish.

And pay for it.

While on the other hand, your friend is gonna keep living his life normally and has the same sex you're having on the 23rd without it ending abruptly.

But i guess it's a good thing for those people who've been living in a monastery for the past ten years and haven't had anything sex related since they accidentally showered their downstairs.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
huh? have you read what the CE contains?

According to all sources in the Finnish gaming store i bought it from, it contains everything and anything that's in the original pack+ a ton of fluff. Lovely fluff, but fluff still :D

This tomfoolery and scaremongering is pointless, if you ordered normal pre-order you get X. If you ordered CE pre-order you get X but with the added Y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom