UK Preorders no headstart?

rynnor

Rockhound
It seems a bit mixed up at the moment - play.com dont mention the headstart at all and funcom are muttering about the distributors???

Edit - anyone suggest another decent games store elsewhere in the EU that would ship it?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You missed the headstart offer sadly :( it ended a few days ago on all of the retail sites. (not kidding either)

rynnor

Rockhound
You missed the headstart offer sadly :( it ended a few days ago on all of the retail sites. (not kidding either)

Well no - it seems none of the UK preorder sites are able to offer it - look on the official forums though they are trying to get it changed.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well no - it seems none of the UK preorder sites are able to offer it - look on the official forums though they are trying to get it changed.

Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery did have it offered the other day I pre ordered 2x copies with a 3 day head start.. few days later they'd been taken off.

I ordered mine on the 11th of April, they had in description "3 days early access" about 3-4 days later it was taken down.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
well that sucks if true why the hell uk gettin screwed? likewise bloodomen i remember seeing it when i pre-ordered am thinking its simply been removed as the offer is no longer valid be nice to get confirmation tho

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
well that sucks if true why the hell uk gettin screwed? likewise bloodomen i remember seeing it when i pre-ordered am thinking its simply been removed as the offer is no longer valid be nice to get confirmation tho

I think they pulled that offer everywhere

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Many nordic vendors seem to have sent out mails that there is some misunderstanding about how it works etc. Thus not offering it anymore, they've prolly jsut not updated their webby. And no, it's not The World vs. UK

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so what im confused here. is the 3 day head start not going to happen now or is it still going to happen but the offer has ended on the e-tailers website?:eek7:

Elisabeth

Loyal Freddie
The only thing the site from the netherlands says is that people who preorder on their site will get the code to activate the killer rhino 72 hours in advance.

rynnor

Rockhound
so what im confused here. is the 3 day head start not going to happen now or is it still going to happen but the offer has ended on the e-tailers website?:eek7:

watch this space - it was actually eidos the games producers who said they wouldnt honour early access keys in the uk for some reason so play etc. took it off the details - however funcom reps on the forums think it has now been sorted and that it will re-appear on the websites soon - we should know more on monday...

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I'm abit confused myself.

From Clan of Conan #15:

If you pre-order the game you will be allowed into the world of Hyboria several days prior to the official opening of the servers, which is set for May 20th in North-America and May 23rd in Europe. This is what we call the Early Access program.

By pre-ordering the game from a retailer that retailer will supply you with a pre-order key. You can use this key to purchase Early Access from the Funcom website for $5 / 5€.

Note that Early Access is exclusively available to those who pre-order. The characters you create during your Early Access period will still be available to you once the servers officially open. Early Access will require you to download the game yourself.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm abit confused myself.

From Clan of Conan #15:

If you pre-order the game you will be allowed into the world of Hyboria several days prior to the official opening of the servers, which is set for May 20th in North-America and May 23rd in Europe. This is what we call the Early Access program.

By pre-ordering the game from a retailer that retailer will supply you with a pre-order key. You can use this key to purchase Early Access from the Funcom website for $5 / 5€.

Note that Early Access is exclusively available to those who pre-order. The characters you create during your Early Access period will still be available to you once the servers officially open. Early Access will require you to download the game yourself.

Just have to wait and see I guess... so many different things around no sure fire way to see which one is true :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't mind the "not having 3 days early", i can wait, but...

If i don't get my alemug, my ring, my bags(grin) and my bloody mammoth i'll go mental :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ok just been on the phone to Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery I can explain why the 3 day early access isn't on the site anymore.

Quoted from the person on the phone

"We get a certain amount of pre-orders in for the bonus material, once those pre-orders are all ordered we remove the bonus from the website completely... the game is still available you just won't be entitled to the bonus material."

"Includes 30 days subscription
Pre-Order Bonuses: (Instructions will sent on how to get your pre-order bonuses shortly before release)
Free in-game War Rhino Mount, exclusive to Play.com
3 days early access
8 extra inventory slots" - 3 days early access stock

"Includes 30 days subscription
Pre-Order Bonuses: (Instructions will sent on how to get your pre-order bonuses shortly before release)
Free in-game War Rhino Mount, exclusive to Play.com
8 extra inventory slots" - What you get if you miss the early access stock.

So pretty much hard luck if you've missed the pre-order stock :/

taB

Part of the furniture
Well, seeing your post which differs from what is on the AoC forums, I gave them a call just now.

The chap I spoke to said that it had been withdrawn across the board and even though I had ordered when the head start was active, it would no longer be available to me or anyone.

I humbly suggest that noone has a fucking clue what is going on and we have to wait for funcom or whoever to make an official statement.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, seeing your post which differs from what is on the AoC forums, I gave them a call just now.

The chap I spoke to said that it had been withdrawn across the board and even though I had ordered when the head start was active, it would no longer be available to me or anyone.

I humbly suggest that noone has a fucking clue what is going on and we have to wait for funcom or whoever to make an official statement.

best hurry their arses up then :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Everyones saying something different atmo - its clear the distributors dont know whats going on - in theory i think its meant to go something like:

1. You pre-order - you then get sent a pre-order code by end april.

2. In early May you logon to funcoms site and armed with the code you have the option of paying another 5 euros to get the early access.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Got my pre-order code mail today.

Can download 6 days early - 17th.
Can start playing 3 days early - 20th
Can go get my big cool box with real leather map(drool) on 23rd.

Have to pay 5 euro for the privilage to start early, but, it's tempting.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Nice that they're sending them out very early tbh :) saves people running around like headless chickens when it gets to 15-16th wondering "Wheres my code" Haven't got mine in mail yet but i'm sure it will arrive soon.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

From where Toht??

I wouldnt even need to DL, say where.

PS: just for the relief of not having to be in Tortage day1 with 302950293850235 chaps trying to kill a named for quest credit I would spend 5€ happily and be the fuck out of there asap (meaning Koseph Province and lvl 18+ which is doable in a couple of afternoons).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do they serve to non-finnish ppl?

Not sure, but the pre-orders are gone, for the collectors edition in finland.

Not sure if any place has it, but most don't anymore.

The store has the "game+pre-order bonus" in stock still, but have to check if they ship overseas.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Not sure, but the pre-orders are gone, for the collectors edition in finland.

Not sure if any place has it, but most don't anymore.

The store has the "game+pre-order bonus" in stock still, but have to check if they ship overseas.

Name of the web?

I dont need it shipped as long as they hand me a cd-key and gimme a download mirror.

Is the web in english?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
A shop in Finland:

image005jp0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom