UK citizenship test

ECA

I am a FH squatter
13/24 but how the fuck are most of those questions even relevant or helpful to someone applying?

- English -

Resident Freddy
12/24

my favourite

23. How might you stop young people playing tricks on you at Halloween?

Call the police
Give them some money
Give them sweets or chocolate
Hide from them

Draylor

Part of the furniture
That "test" is as idiotic as the bloke pictured in the article preceding it.

And yeah, that is just my way of saying I also failed spectacularly ;)

The percentage of muslims in the country is utterly irrelevant to whether or not someone should be allowed to live here. As is whether a census was first held in 1762 or 1864

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The test should be about showing a person can adapt to living in the UK, not whether than can remember a load of useless facts.

The scary thing is the Halloween question is probably the sanest of the lot. At least it actually shows that the person understands some of the culture.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Of course people are going to fail, it's a test based on a course you've supposed to have paid attention to.

Now ask 200 questions about English history and I'm betting I could get a very considerable number right.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
13/24

I'm shocked I even got that high as I flat-out guessed every question but two.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Managed 18 but most of that was guess work. Hardly any of those questions are relevant.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
I got 9/10, I'm not sure how I got anything wrong tbh :)

I got the question about the girl from greece wrong but I still reckon she would have a thirst for european financial assistance.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh, that's what I answered too! Hehe, sounded like a typically dry british answer to me :)

Vae

Resident Freddy
9/10 here as well with teh same question wrong - seems knowledge is correct instead.

I would say it's a much more realistic guide to UK culture than the actual citizenship test.
In the actual test I agree that the halloween question is probably the most realistic question in terms of UK culture and adapting. Most of the rest are irrelevent (and yes I also failed it with 16/24).

JBP|

Part of the furniture
scored 4-24 on the government one, and 9-10 on the other one, the Greek girl question is a reference to Pulps Common People :p

I suspect the one i got wrong was the ant and Dec question

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My ex took the Canadian test and the questions were
Who's the prime minister?..what days do they collect the bins?
Who do you pay your tax too? Whats the speed limit around town?
What number do you dial for the Police?

That UK test has to be a joke...surely..no-one, no matter how disconnected from reality would think up those questions for a citizenship test.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
loved the what is the opposing team likely to be going home in lol that test made alot more sense than that utter piece of tosh up top i got 8 i mean wtf about 3-4 questions actually had any relevance at all the rest was pure fucking bullshit

we actually pay people to come up with bollocks like this? wtf

Wij

I am a FH squatter
14/24 and 10/10.

btw - She studied sculpture at St Martens college.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Spoke about this a while back with my work colleague who is south African. He said you just revise the questions and pass easy mode... Seems retarded.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I put 'I don't know' to do that and still got 10/10 ;)

Spoke about this a while back with my work colleague who is south African. He said you just revise the questions and pass easy mode... Seems retarded.

So just like any school exam? ;d

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
To be honest the test is only really designed to check your level of English. The alternative residency qualification route is to show an improvement over the duration of an English course. The course does cover the actual 'living' in the UK bit a lot better than the book.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
14/24 & 10/10. What the fuck were they thinking with the official one?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
9/24, then again i don't care much for politics and have done even less so for UK politics :p

There is a lot of completely useless info there.

6/10 on the other one though, so better %.

I've spent way too much time around you lot...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

This is quite true too, though the point of it is to know these things, so if it makes you learn the things it's...working? :eek7:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You scored 16 out of a possible 24

What's with all the history questions ffs?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
scored 4-24 on the government one, and 9-10 on the other one, the Greek girl question is a reference to Pulps Common People :p

You obviously didn't select "I can't tell", no real human can tell them apart without resorting to Google!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A good friend of mine had to take it. He's been taxpaying in this country for years - he'll have been paying about £15k to the government coffers every year because he's a high earner.

He's got a couple of kids now. Bought a house in Nottingham about 7 or 8 years ago.

I was ashamed that he had to do this. What kind of fucking country do we live in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom