UK Catacombs Official update

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I'm making this a separate thread as it'll just get lost if I post it in the other official thread.

A couple of points.
1: The official release date for the UK is tomorrow, March 25th. This is the date that we wanted to make the expansion available for the UK.

2: We are investigating the situation regarding UK retailers not taking deliveries. According to the information that we have recieved, our distributors have been shipping stocks in the UK from earlier this week.

3: Related to the above point, we are working on a contingency plan to allow us to keep our promise to you whereby the expansion will be available for the 25th. The final details are still being worked out however there will be news about this on our official website tomorrow morning. As things stand we are trying our very hardest to make sure that English players are able to get hold of the expansion on the date that we advertised in the news.

We do understand that players are concerned about unexpected delays, these issues are all due to circumstances that have developed over the past few weeks and at every point I have given you the all the information relating to the problems we have faced. All the information I have given you has been completely true and accurate at the point that I was given it. Due to the nature of the problem and the different companies involved, the situation has changed more than once, however I have endeavoured to find out and pass on what information I can. As things stand, it is unlikely that any retail outlets in the UK will be offering the game before the 1st April, this is for legal reasons and not due to any distribution issues. I appreciate that this is far from ideal, and is a change to the information that I posted earlier this week. This is something that has become apparent very recently (since today in fact) and was not the situation that we were facing yesterday. However as noted above, we are finalising an arrangement that will overcome this problem for the majority of our English customers.

**EDIT** Check the News for details of our online partner where you can purchase an online licence key for Catacombs ans well as download the client.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
At least GOA (requiel) is talking to their customers, something that you learn to appreciate after playing WoW for a while :) Try not to scare Requiel off now with flames :/ Although it is a sucky situation for the UK people :(

Hope it works out tomorrow for you guys.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for keeping us informed, it is much appreciated even if it isn't the best of news

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the update, u know i feel sorry for req he i guess is only a messenger boy and as such takes all the flack.. tho something clearly has gone wrong... the sooner its sorted the sooner forgotten i guess.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Thanks on the update.

Shame that whatever the way round this is, it will require a large download. Not good for people like me stuck on dialup currently :D

Least you trying to fix it, just a pity someone gave you misleading information in the first place that has led to this problem.

Gamah

Banned
Hope its the ability to buy keys online :), thanks for the update requiel.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Appreciate the update Requiel, especially given that you would already have had enough on your plate on a patch-and-expansion day even if everything else had gone smoothly.

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Thanks on the update.

Shame that whatever the way round this is, it will require a large download. Not good for people like me stuck on dialup currently :D

Least you trying to fix it, just a pity someone gave you misleading information in the first place that has led to this problem.

i think he gave the information he belived was true at the time. sadly it looks like its not only the player base that has been decived.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Just make sure the same hold true for the non-english players too pls...

I also want in on the solution being presented tomorrow...

Did travel around quite a bit today not to find 1 single copy left...

Some people that pre-ordered and was told the game could be picked up in the shop did get there just to find out they didn't get the copy that was promised them.
So come on now Requiel and co. - make us happy tomorrow :worthy:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Berthold said:
i think he gave the information he belived was true at the time. sadly it looks like its not only the player base that has been decived.

As do i, hence why i said it was a shame he was given the misleading info that led to this. I dont doubt Req thought what he said was correct

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
All people ever really want is some information on what's going on and then we're all happy.
Thanks.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's not so much that we were given misleading informaton, it's more that the situation changed radically over the last few weeks. Various unrelated factors and deals between other companies unrelated to us or our distributors, meant that a situation we thought was planned and under control, suddenly changed on us in a very short space of time. Everything I was told was true, however it often changed again shortly after. I'm not allowed to say exactly why Game wouldn't touch the March 25th release date, however it was due to no fault of our distributors.

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks for the info req. I live in Sweden and I've called about 20 stores, they are either sold out or will get the game 1st of April :(

Had pre-ordered but they sold my copy...

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
i hate u requil my lwrp going down :( its eastern loads of midds and albs to farm

Banana

Fledgling Freddie
depressing games distributers have so much power tbh :(

tbh game is now the last place i would pre-order something from..who knows what other games they do this too..

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
hey req,

any updated word's on when servers will be back up today please? :)

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
nice weather even in manchester. bank holiday weekend in the pub, computer games for when i'm back in work :cheers:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
is it pretty safe to say this mess is probably all down to 'Game' ?

York

Fledgling Freddie
If nothing else comes of this at least i know not to buy from GAME, seems they dont have the time for 'us' now that they are all mighty and powerful.

Thanks for the update Req

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Yeah, it all reeks of bully-boy tactics from GAME to be honest. No more buying stuff from GAME for me in the future, I guess.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
nakkiel said:
nice weather even in manchester. bank holiday weekend in the pub, computer games for when i'm back in work :cheers:

Save some beer for me ya greedy bast! ;) I am headed to Deansgate right now:D

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Save some beer for me ya greedy bast! ;) I am headed to Deansgate right now:D

bet he even gets a mexican Pizza on the way home and all .. Nom noms.

Wish i was over there on the lash ... not falling asleep this time

Hmm i rang Game this morning (good game shop :p) they said they had sold out and they had alrdy been selling catacombs today.... they also said they next get stock in on wed :| i guess a few places have been selling it then :/ game had 20 copies or so they said and they sold out instantly :( *runs off to zerg game to see if they are lying bastards*

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Think I'll reactivate my 2nd (and only Cata'd) US account this evening and pretend that the launch went successful over the course of this weekend :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
HeeHee GAME bashing, keep it up, even if it's not their fault.

They deserve it anyway.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Many many thanks for an official update and also a small glimmer of hope that we might get to play this on the first day on my weeks leave and not the last.

For those of you frustrated with Game just to add that they own companies that don't advertise the fact as I found out when contacting Gameplay.co.uk yesterday. Been using them since I decided to boycott Game some time ago over another issue, now looking for a new reliable game supplier :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom