UK Adults are thick as shit

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Apparently 1 in 14 adults couldn't answer the following maths question for 8 year olds:
What is one eighth of 32?
a) 6 b) 4 c) 2 d) 8 e) None of these f) Don't know

Oh dear :(

Source: BBC

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I love the way FH handled this subject so sensitively...

But yeah, I would have to shoot anyone who got it wrong.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
1 in 14 sounds like an exaggeration to me, unless everyone where I live are the "one"'s and the other thirteen idiots are scattered around the rest of the country :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well if they did the survey in the north they are bound to get more people getting the answer wrong...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
If it really is 1 in 14 in the UK, I wonder what that number would be in america? However many idiots we have, they'll have the same number a thousand-fold.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
If it really is 1 in 14 in the UK, I wonder what that number would be in america? However many idiots we have, they'll have the same number a thousand-fold.

Nah, even rednecks in america can at least count, they have to be able to, what with their 30-40 odd inbred children and all that. :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Maths i can understand but there is no fucking excuse for the amount of people that can't read or write..

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Well if they did the survey in the north they are bound to get more people getting the answer wrong...

He's probably right, such a shame that all the southerners would have ignored the guy asking the questions because they were too busy being busy :p

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Maths i can understand but there is no fucking excuse for the amount of people that can't read or write..

If you set that as a requirement for being able to receive benefits then you'll see the figure rise dramatically.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
He's probably right, such a shame that all the southerners would have ignored the guy asking the questions because they were too busy being busy :p

Its cos its usually some northerner asking for money :p

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Thats bullshit.

We don't ask we just take.

G

whats with the dodgy pre judged ideas about southerners being better than northerners

It is you lot who drink warm beer and can't fight.

It's grim up north, but i'd would rather be up here than darn sarf.

The people are more friendly for a kick off, i can go into a shop up north that i have never been into before and actually start a conversation with the person behind the counter without them ringing the police as they think i am an escapee from a mental hospital or a suicide bomber, the people darn sarf are imho too busy and grumpy to care about anyone at all apart from them selves. especially those fom Oxford :)

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
brooky could not agree more up north is much more friendly its also cheaper :) think about it 1 pint in london 4 pints in leeds/huddersfield :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
having lived near laaaandon* for five years i would quite happily see the south of England sawn off and glued onto france, they can join their equally rude, false friends there.

*Everyone from daaan souf is from near London see, thats why they talk like *****

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
having lived near laaaandon* for five years i would quite happily see the south of England sawn off and glued onto france, they can join their equally rude, false friends there.

*Everyone from daaan souf is from near London see, thats why they talk like *****

Hmmm, just hmmmm. To bite, or not to bite.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I agree with some of the sentiments expressed here about northerners. They are more friendly, helpful and talkative than southerners.

However it's much warmer drier (except for today :p ) and richer down here, so Ill stop I reckon, for the time being.

Do you think anyone would notice my accent up norff guys ?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I agree with some of the sentiments expressed here about northerners. They are more friendly, helpful and talkative than southerners.

However it's much warmer drier (except for today :p ) and richer down here, so Ill stop I reckon, for the time being.

Do you think anyone would notice my accent up norff guys ?

Richer as in everything is more expensive :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
we are £4000 a year better off since moving back to the midlands, still pretty much the same distance from London too. Wages arent that different, i am on £2000 a year more up here than i was down there doing pretty much the same job.
housing prices are just retarded down there too. We rented a 1 bed house down there for £650 a month, the landlord said he was selling and gave us first refusal, £150,000. fuck that. now live in a lovely little village with a 2 bed 300 year old cottage and paying £425 a month, we can even afford to buy our own place when one becomes available in the village. decent real ale pub next door too!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Richer as in everything is more expensive :p

No mate, you know thats not true. Some things are a bit cheaper up there, but your avarage visit to Tescos or whatever is exactly the same.

Yet the wages are quite a bit higher here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom