Phones Ubuntu Edge

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'll be spanky, but not at the price they're after...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks good but would wait a couple of generations.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
They dropped (I think it was $750~ something before) the price to $695, but still have $22m in 8 days to go. Ho hum.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
jeepers I'm having the want-an-edge gubbins real bad 0o

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
That is nice, i'll take 3 of them

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
One of those was for you, you've ruined the surprise

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
a hole in my life, but easilly filled by one of those phones :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have been following this and I still do not know if I should pull the trigger. I think it is too much money for a unknown quantity. I kind of think its worth it even if you just use the handset and the Android boot mode.

I honestly do not know why Windows have not come up with a similar concept. Just get Nokia to make the hardware and a dock that connects it to a Monitor and Keyboard ect.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They failed to raise the funds, so no money for them. I think it's an expensive idea that will flop if they ever do get the cash.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Having owned a laptop with Ubuntu installed, which was very nice when it worked, I wouldn't touch their phone with a barge pole. On Android, I click install and it installs. On Ubuntu you'd probably have to open a command prompt and write 54 lines of bizarre code, while simultaneously hitting yourself on the side of the head with an "Advanced Machine Code for Dummies" book. And when it doesn't work, you just pitch the thing in the nearest toilet.

Fuck THAT.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They failed to raise the funds, so no money for them. I think it's an expensive idea that will flop if they ever do get the cash.

I think this is a big setback for them. It always seemed like they would struggle to find support from device manufacturers. Surely now they have no chance.

Poag

m00?
Having owned a laptop with Ubuntu installed, which was very nice when it worked, I wouldn't touch their phone with a barge pole. On Android, I click install and it installs. On Ubuntu you'd probably have to open a command prompt and write 54 lines of bizarre code, while simultaneously hitting yourself on the side of the head with an "Advanced Machine Code for Dummies" book. And when it doesn't work, you just pitch the thing in the nearest toilet.

Fuck THAT.

I've got a dozen (expanding to about 150, the dozen are the test units) machines running Ubuntu atm and have never had any issues installing 3rd party software. Infact its generally less painfull than most RHEL based os's.....and these machines are on the end of shakey low speed connections in the arse end of nowhere, sat in super hot cupboards.

Still re the phone, i'm sad they didn't make it as it would have prompted the others to make phones with massive storage that could be used as such. It would have been a good step and i hope the rest of the smart phone makers see that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom