uber stuff tbh

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hiya all,
only just noticed how many other forum areas there are on FH! a programming forums a gr8 idea imo :)

well, im not really a 'programmer' type person atm, im a student at college just finishing the last year of my National Diploma... nothing special but i gotta start somewhere :) i've made a few simple games, really enjoying the whole area of programming - modding, made a few red alert 2 mods a few months ago, and i was thinking of teaming up with a college bud to make a game ontop of an existing engine, although that will take me a while to get into.

i've been using Visual basic and Delphi so far, hopefully starting on C (or C++, no idea tbh) next year, really looking forward to it. so.. what kinda stuff do you lot program in?

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I write mobile phone games in Java for a living, I like java but wanna move into more 3d stuff at some point.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
do u know if theres SFCave available for phones?

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
jaba said:
I write mobile phone games in Java for a living, I like java but wanna move into more 3d stuff at some point.

Not been into my Java for a couple of years now (which is a shame really, must get back into it). I know they'd bought out the Java3d API that handled a lot of that sort of thing. Albeit badly as far as I could tell.

I also heard, from a C++ addicted friend, that there was an implementation of OpenGL for Java. If such a thing exists it might be just your cup of tea!

RoboStac

Fledgling Freddie
Java 3d runs on top of opengl or direct3d depending which binaries you download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom