Tzee's Weekly Dragon Raid

O

old.Tzeentch

k, gonna keep doing these until people get bored

every sunday <unless i'm not there, in which case i'll make sure someone else can do it> i'll do one, two attempts if we fail on the first

this is perhaps the most bastard mob in the game to kill, so i'll try and keep it short and sweet -

simply put, one guy can fuck up the aggro control and result in failure of the entire raid.

you must be awake and alert when fighting this guy, any 'oops forgot not to <insert non-allowable action here>' is a risk we cant take

overview of the plan:

all 4 entrances to the lair will have hibs, depending on how many people turn up <and if its anything like previous raids, probably 150+>

proper balanced FGs, druids/warden/bard + 5 others, all tanks go close range to melee, there is to be _NO_ healing at all, NONE.

there will be 2 dedicated rez groups, preferably druids with bard for mana, spread out a bit and rezzing as needed so they dont get AE.

any group that gets aggro _must_ have all its grp members get into the dragons melee range, do NOT stand on the mound, and make sure you are in melee range - stick is not always the best to do, use face if you think you are too close - aka right under him

DO NOT HEAL AT ALL INSIDE THE LAIR
ANY HEALING MUST BE DONE WITH ALL GROUP MEMBERS AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THE DRAGON AND TOTALLY CLEAR OF AGGRO

ranger groups - as many as possible please, and grouped with a bard for end song, you slash/thrust arrows are best afaik, try to maintain some form of spread, just dont hang too close to the people at the entrances

i've heard that volley works wonders :eek:

so, assuming we have 160 people, 20fg, we can have 4fg at each entrance, , leaving 4fg - 2fg rezz grps, 2fg rangers

we'll send the usual schmuck..er... brave warrior.. to attack the dragon and try to pull an ae, after which two of the sides will send in 2fg each - leaving two sides with 4fg, and two sides with 2fg to manage adds from outside and any that are inside that can be pulled out

if the 4fg on the dragon get wiped <if? lol>, the other two sides will send in 2fg each whilst the rez grps start the work on the dead folk, all rebuffing/regenning must be done outside the lair as far from the dragon as possible, making sure you ONLY ever leave the lair if you are clear of aggro, and then assuming their positions again, waiting for the other 4fg to get wiped and so forth

like legion, ALL ADDS MUST BE DEALT WITH BEFORE THE DRAGON
if your group has aggro, then stay WITH the dragon, if you DONT have aggro, clear the adds

the dragon will attempt to send couriers out to call a billion or so mobs - these couriers must be ganked as fast hell, they must not be allowed to live, above all other adds, these must be targetted

rangers- you guys should be doing the most dmg, you WILL have bards and whatever else you need to do your job, simply ask if you require something

remember - this is a two attempt raid, if we fail the first time, we'll go again, the best place to bind therefore would be connla, for a healer and horse to innis if we fail on attempt #1

people under 50 - the chance of dying several times is VERY high, please realise it is your own risk on coming along, and you wont be allowed to lotto for any level 51 items, everything else however, you will be <unless you're just a lowbie leeching xp or smth>

if anyone has any suggestions to make on the plans here, feel free to comment or let me know in game, i've tried to implement everything i've read so far that will work, but i'm probably gonna miss something

if the first attempt fails, i'll try and adapt it a bit to make the second attempt better

please try and make balanced groups beforehand, if there is a shortage of druids etc, then i'll ask druids in some groups to leave to join a rez group, since healing wont be happening at the dragon, druids are more useful for rezzing

all i can think of at the moment, any last minute comments/suggestions/questions, please let me know, thanks :>

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch

remember - this is a two attempt raid, if we fail the first time, we'll go again, the best place to bind therefore would be connla, for a healer and horse to innis if we fail on attempt #1

You can't beat Domnann as a bind point.
Connla is 1 portal away, DL is 1 teleport away.
Best of both worlds.

Danita

E

Edlina

Imo (from Prydwen raids experience) the tanks attacking the dragon have no use for anything but tanks and a bard in the groups, no reason for having the guys attacking the dragon in balanced groups, it will only make the ressing harder (because of chain aggro) imo keep tanks groups to tanks only and a bard. and aways keep 2fg at the entrances able to res/take out adds, just res the tanks when they die in the lair then move out again waiting for the next aoe wipe and new res targets.

O

old.ST200

Tzee leading dragon raids... hahahahahaha.................................................................

S

spankya

Maybe post the exact time here too for mids and albs to do RR on us, or is Sunday afternoon enough info?

O

old.Tzeentch

Exact same tactics as last time, except for a few changes -

The dragon tank groups will be comprised mainly of melee and standard support

<druid/warden/bard for pbt, end, and buffs>
<thank you edlina, i see it now :p >

they will be going in turn by turn, so after the first batch of melee get wiped by AE, the second batch go on whilst the first is rezzed and made ready again

each group leader MUST be relaying the info from the cg to their group, and changing position as neccessary

all melee tank groups MUST register with the appointed tank commander, all the names in the group MUST be given

all rez groups MUST register with the appointed rez commander, all the names in the group MUST be given

and so on and so forth for the ranger groups and add control

rangers: important change, you will be firing from point blank range this time

mages: please, for the love of elfs, dont use any spells in the lair unless you've had permission from me personally, and even then it should be at melee range

every group MUST be registered to be counted in for stones, your group leader should be doing this

if you DONT want to travel with the zerg, then please dont go through the forest or an area with a zillion adds..

again, if we fail the first time, we'll go once more

i'll do the lotto in the corner zonewall outside the lair, it should be fine from aggro? and if he repops.. well.. :eek:

O

old.Tzeentch

you're in celtic fist fs, its in the alliance motd and the time is well known
ask /gu mate

S

saltymcpepper

ive been on holiday and only been on prydwen since i got back :p

V

vadrek

Tzee the best important and ppl dont listen as last raid...

NO HEALS inside lair

GET OF THE MOUND.

k thx :)

F

Fatbloke

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
no

:m00: to all those sub 50's who were barred from lottoing for respec stones (me included).

O

old.Gillaien

51 = RR5

that's something else. stones are for lvl 50s only but u don't have to be RR5 :)

O

old.Tzeentch

i never made set rules for stones
as far as i was concerned it was up to the group to lotto them fairly, seeing as a group of 8 would have an easier time identifying who would need what stone the most, or failing that pure lotto..

but if you went something like 44 void and you were level 46, comon, really, i dont think its fair to be excluded from a lotto. <personal opinion>

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by Fatbloke
Are respec stones counted as lvl 51 items??

Actually, stones is level 80 items, but no hard cap, luckily for all us non-dragons out there =)

F

Flimgoblin

interesting to see the different tactics :) and indeed the different behaviour from the dragon.

We had a half hour fight with golestandt (if not longer) a week and a half ago... didn't do any damage as we were too few by that time (he wiped out most of the raid in two aoes) - but he seemed to jump at anyone who ressed within the lair... either attack them and fly over, or aoe (it wasn't set), he'd also randomly aoe the people fighting him at his feet.

Sometimes he gave warnings for this but it only appeared to some people......

Also Golestandt only seems to 'call for help' rather than sending out couriers (we get the usual call for help message and then a whole host of giants charge in) - it might be we just missed it.

My tactics were: do what you want as long as it's in melee range... but most importantly do not stick, stay spread out as much as possible. Basically I assumed the dragon was going to aoe repeatedly and tried to make people do what they could to minimise it... lots and lots of ressers helps too :)

Did it with 103 people like that on sunday (thought we were doomed with that few but apparently not)...

Of course we do have the theurgist pet spam (4 teh win) which helps - how many level 50 animists do you have? pepper the lair with turrets?

But anyway ignore me - I'm just pondering things - I had been convinced previously that the dragon only ever aoed if he got aggro at range... but we had everyone ungrouped and fighting and he still aoed the people in melee range... (and clawed the people at far range) the only thing that guaranteed a flaming was ressing from outside the lair.

Of course cuuldurach may (even in 1.60) still be an entirely different fish of kettles.

O

old.Tzeentch

flim, thanks for the read, interesting to see how it differs..
ask wildfire though, he's been on one of my dragon raids, and also several raids on the alb dragon, he can tell you the differences much better :)

O

old.Tzeentch

still two stones to each fg, but this time stones WILL count as lotto items, so you wont be able to bid for stone+item.

I

inuyasha

How come? Dont it make it a lot easier for you to just give the stones to the groupleaders?

It would not be possible in many guild groups to know who the stones will go to before after the raid, so i forsee problems with this one. Its not even sure the person that is going to get the stone from a gg is on the raid, so who will you be excluding?

O

old.Tzeentch

good question inuy.. my thinking was i would get the group leaders to announce to me the winners of their group lotto, or that i attend each one <which really.. would take forever>, but in your example of guild groups.. well, i can understand it, it can be similar to lottoing for an alt, and again lotto-ing for an item you can use.. but in this the need > greed for once.. it's a good question inuy, i'll have to think on this one :p

i'll have an answer soon after i discuss it with people :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom