Types of Lag

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
I have this new kind of LD experience since i started playing DR. I play Hib on Glastonbury. Almost every time i go to Tir Na Nog i get insta LD. I sometimes LD 3 times per visit. Mag Mel, Howth and Liegen are other danger zones. I rarely go LD in the rest of the world. Only in these places. When i played Mid/Glastonbury earlier it was the exact same problem in Jordheim. Its like there are LD traps located here and there :p
Very annoying.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ahlgard said:
I have this new kind of LD experience since i started playing DR. I play Hib on Glastonbury. Almost every time i go to Tir Na Nog i get insta LD. I sometimes LD 3 times per visit. Mag Mel, Howth and Liegen are other danger zones. I rarely go LD in the rest of the world. Only in these places. When i played Mid/Glastonbury earlier it was the exact same problem in Jordheim. Its like there are LD traps located here and there :p
Very annoying.

ATI radeon card? check out:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=186154

This is a new form of frame rate lag called "Evil textures in cities and rubbish drivers" lag :)

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
My computer dont crash or freeze. I simply get LD. And i have a Gforce card.
But thanks for the tip anyway :)
I have heard many people have this problem. In some areas you just get insta LD. Wonder what the heck this could be? This is not the ordinary LD. Its something new and even more evil :p

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
The only option i could find om my network-card (that seems close to Hardware Checksum) was "Checksum Offload". Is that the same thing? :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ahlgard said:
The only option i could find om my network-card (that seems close to Hardware Checksum) was "Checksum Offload". Is that the same thing? :)

think so :) try switching it off or on.

Also if you haven't yet - upgrade the drivers on it.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Yes. Switching off Checksum seemed to work. No Insta LD so far. Thanks for the help! :)
Strange that Goa didnt mention this when they answered my mail. They came up with the brilliant idea to reinstall the game.

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
when i used to have a GF FX card i had simialr problem, i tried the network card info but still same prob, but in the endi sorted the prob by doing this:

Update VIA (all in one aka 4in1) chipset drivers on ya mobo
Re-install/update GFX card drivers
Re-install DX9

make sure you do it in this order, after i did this i no longer had lock-ups or freezes.

g/l :)

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
types of lag

and u put frame rate lag in there..... wtf is frame rate lag?
Its Frame Delay u muppet, get it fuckin right

Lag
Ping
Frame delay

wtf is this:
Frame rate lag
server lag
connection lag
????????????

Dont tell ppl wrong things on perpose even tho ur trying to help, it turns out WORSE then before becuase they thing ur helping so naturaly ur right.. but still turns out to be bullshit, plz shut up and dont tell anybody on any other forum about it little "helping thread" cus it will only cuase more problems for more ppl

Veg Out

*EDIT*

and jsut to carry on with that semi rant, frame delay is NOT considered a type of lag, nor will it every be becuase it doesnt connect to the internet so it cant be a type of lag, frame delay has got to do with ur computer and only ur computer, granted.. spyware and the like can cuase frame delay but thats in very rare cases, VERY rare cases
Frame rate lag...... fucking jesus.. go read some bloody manules u script kiddie

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
types of lag

Lag
Ping
Frame delay

wtf is this:
Frame rate lag
server lag
connection lag
????????????

Dont tell ppl wrong things on perpose even tho ur trying to help, it turns out WORSE then before becuase they thing ur helping so naturaly ur right.. but still turns out to be bullshit, plz shut up and dont tell anybody on any other forum about it little "helping thread" cus it will only cuase more problems for more ppl

Veg Out

*EDIT*

and jsut to carry on with that semi rant, frame delay is NOT considered a type of lag, nor will it every be becuase it doesnt connect to the internet so it cant be a type of lag, frame delay has got to do with ur computer and only ur computer, granted.. spyware and the like can cuase frame delay but thats in very rare cases, VERY rare cases
Frame rate lag...... fucking jesus.. go read some bloody manules u script kiddie

lol, never has this been more apropriate than now,

Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a moron than to open it and remove any doubt.

:wanker:

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
types of lag

Lag
Ping
Frame delay

wtf is this:
Frame rate lag
server lag
connection lag
????????????

Veg Out

*EDIT*

Let it all out boy, you might not get a second chance...sigh

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
types of lag

Lag
Ping
Frame delay

wtf is this:
Frame rate lag
server lag
connection lag
????????????

Lets see what wikipedia says about it.

wikipedia said:
Lag is a common term used to describe a symptom often encountered in computing and especially networked systems, where results of actions appear much later than expected. While different kinds of latency are well defined technical terms, lag is not and should be used to describe the symptom, not the cause.

Lets see the different lights on your performance monitor: It monitors packet loss, network lag, and frame rate problems.

Ping is an utility to monitor network latency, and packet loss problems. While this measured latency is influenced even by your host and the server itself (how fast it can handle network related tasks) it doesn't include the time required for the server application to create an answer for your "requests", nor the time it takes for your computer to process the data received.

The delay between the time you press a button and seeing its results (when the server has to respond for that result) is influenced by several factors, including performance problems on your computer, on the server, or somewhere in between (network).

When your computer is slow with processing and displaying data it is visible from your frame rate. And depending on how the game is coded, low frame rate can limit the speed of processing any other data...

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Im not agrueing what it is, cus i know what he ment, im argueing what he said, the term is Frame Delay. not frame rate lag

And i honestly dont care what wiki says it is or not is, ive bin with computers longer then wiki has bin around, and i dont want to point out that "wiki knows more cus they have researched it" big woop, anybody can research, but who has the better experiance?

Frame rate lag = Frame Delay
Im not agueing the meaning of it, im argueing the term he used, thats all, everything else i agree with, just the term

*edit*

an Gameh... no, im just a perfectionist, its a curse im afraid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom