Two Towers Extended DVD

S

Scouse

One of my old school friends is actually more obsessive about fantasy stories than me. He has never read LoTR because he says that once he has read it there will be nothing else to look forward to.

Ahhh. The idiotic thinking of a total and utter geek :rolleyes:

Anyway - just watched the extended edition. Much better than the theatrical release (although I expected more of the Huorns.....)

W

WPKenny

The commentary tracks are reasonably interesting. Once you've seen the film a few times it's good to just stick on the commentary track and have a listen to the cast and crew's banter.

It's good listening to Peter Jackson talk about it cos it gives you a running commentary (sic) of how the film was made and what might have been. Then there's the cast commentary where they interupt each other and yell stuff along the lines of "ooh, I remember that day! You stabbed me with your sword accidently and I had to go to hospital...how we laughed!".

I'd say they're really for the fans but then...why would you buy a 4 hour long film with 2 discs of extras if you weren't interested in getting the most out of the film?

S

Scouse

I'd say they're really for the fans but then...why would you buy a 4 hour long film with 2 discs of extras if you weren't interested in getting the most out of the film?

Personally - I don't give a shit about the "extras" but the extra stuff in film does interest me - and makes the film much better...

C

.Cask

Some of the extras are quite good. Especially the building of middle-earth one. Never really looked at the sets in much detail the first time I watched the film in the cinema but after seeing how much work went into them it definitely deserves a closer look. Especially impressed by the Rohan castle fort place with Theoden. They basically found a hill in the middle of nowhere, built a viking town on it then took it all down again after. There wasn't any cardboard cut outs held up by wooden supports :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom