Two Towers Extended DVD

C

.Cask

Who else got theirs today? Got mine through the door from tesco.com this morning, only cost £22.03 as well. Will have to use them again. Might have to have a mammoth session watching the two films back to back tomorrow :)

W

Wij

Originally posted by Hairy Pooter
Who else got theirs today? Got mine through the door from tesco.com this morning, only cost £22.03 as well. Will have to use them again. Might have to have a mammoth session watching the two films back to back tomorrow :)

pfft - £17.99 here :)

S

Scouse

Got it on order along with the Hulk.... will turn up whenever and yup - mammoth session is in the offing....

....I may even watch Lawrence of Arabia straight afterwards just to prove that I'm "hard" ;)

/queue pr0n jokes....

W

WPKenny

Ours arrived this morning. I've cleared my schedule for the evening ready for pork chops, mash and Gandalf. :)

W

Wij

Originally posted by WPKenny
Ours arrived this morning. I've cleared my schedule for the evening ready for pork chops, mash and Gandalf. :)

*drool*

J

Jonny_Darko

Saw it the other night - it rocks. Like the first one the new bits do add to the overall experience. I shall say no more.

C

.Cask

I demand to see a picture of the pork chops and mash on the WPKenny-cam sometime this evening.

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by Hairy Pooter
I demand to see a picture of the pork chops and mash on the WPKenny-cam sometime this evening.

Your wish is my command. :)

Check back later on....

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by WPKenny
Your wish is my command. :)

Check back later on....

Just to make it clear....pictures must only be "pre-eating"

None of those like last time of digested food and er other stuff

O

old.[MPZ]Padwah

Mine arrived htis morning, I'm in two minds whether to watch it on its own or watch FOTR again as a bitof a warm-up?

C

.Cask

I'm planning on taking a little break between the two to go and get snacks and drinks. 7 hours is way too long to be sitting in one place unless asleep. It's gonna be a nightmare when the 3rd film arrives, 11-hour session anyone? They're gonna have to start marketing quadruple size tubs of Ben & Jerry's cos I always end up eating all my snacks in the first 10 minutes.

D

dysfunction

One of these days I'm planning on watching the TV series "24" in a 24 hour period.

The only problem is trying to eat in between...

W

WPKenny

Me and Dams prepared ourselve's last week by watching FOTR extended edition over again.

I've seen TTT several times so I'm looking forward to spotting all the little added extras.

/me wants to go home. NOW.

Damn you cursed employers!

K

kookie_kit

Originally posted by dysfunction
One of these days I'm planning on watching the TV series "24" in a 24 hour period.

The only problem is trying to eat in between...

dude... this is why domino's invented online takeout ordering.....

W

whipped

Mine arrived yesterday and I had every plan of watching the first and second films back to back.

However, for some reason I just ended up watching The Running Man :(

W

Wij

Originally posted by whipped
Mine arrived yesterday and I had every plan of watching the first and second films back to back.

:doh:

S

Scouse

Originally posted by whipped

Class film tho tbh :D

R

Recoil101

Originally posted by Tom
I watched Howards End the other night.

I did so!

ooo I used to love that series .. all those sailing boats, based in southampton wasnt it?

S

SoWat

Originally posted by Recoil101
ooo I used to love that series .. all those sailing boats, based in southampton wasnt it?

Indeed, though it was more like 'Crossroads' on water.

I doubt Anthony Hopkins was in it though

T

Tenko

LOL!

Howards End

0767817680.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Howards WAY
Howards_Way.jpg

Sweet :clap:

C

.Cask

Arsecakes. Was gonna watch them on Wednesday but someone from work kept phoning me up and begging me to swap shifts with them. So that was that day screwed up. Had classes Thursday and today and couldn't really have a late night due to getting up early. Working Saturday, so hopefully be on for Sunday.

Stopped myself watching all the extras because they show too much footage. Don't want a refresher on the film quite yet. Anyone else think that they went slightly over the top with 4 feature length commentaries? I don't often buy films because they lose so much of their impact when you watch them too frequently, so I try limit myself to one viewing every year or two. Books are even worse. I first read through the Dune series when I was 14/15 but I still feel really clear on the storyline. Think I'm going to have to wait another 4-5 years before I can re-read it. I know a lady in her 50's who reads the lord of the rings every 3 years. I'd actually be thinking about reading it again about now if it wasn't for the films. Not sure how I'll feel about reading it again now tbh. The last page still remains unread, as for all the books that I can't bear to finish.

So anyway, I think I'd be sick of the film by the time I've watched 4 feature length commentaries but they probably only stuck them in for the best DVD award or something.

One of my old school friends is actually more obsessive about fantasy stories than me. He has never read LoTR because he says that once he has read it there will be nothing else to look forward to. I had to cajoule him into watching the first film with me by saying that it is just a depiction of the book and wouldn't count as a reading. He bought the VHS of the second film but it is still in the original film seal. Probably won't open it till I go around and make him watch it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom