Confused Two different default gateways

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So my colleague has configured 3 Intel NUC's to act as offline servers and they've got static IPs. He had to go away and didn't have time to get everything they needed downloaded from Owncloud. I've plugged one into my network and it's connected to the internet but no connection to Owncloud.

My computer is plugged directly into the router via ethernet. Default gateway is 192.168.0.1.
According to the NUC, also plugged in via ethernet, the default gateway is 1.1, which my colleage specifically stated wouldn't work (No idea why)

Any idea why two devices plugged into the same router would be showing different default gateway IPs?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So my colleague has configured 3 Intel NUC's to act as offline servers and they've got static IPs. He had to go away and didn't have time to get everything they needed downloaded from Owncloud. I've plugged one into my network and it's connected to the internet but no connection to Owncloud.

My computer is plugged directly into the router via ethernet. Default gateway is 192.168.0.1.
According to the NUC, also plugged in via ethernet, the default gateway is 1.1, which my colleage specifically stated wouldn't work (No idea why)

Any idea why two devices plugged into the same router would be showing different default gateway IPs?
Yes, he has configured static default gateways on the NUCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom