Twitter is shit

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've given it a good 2 month go. Very occasionally, something interesting comes up. Mostly its boring shite. The most annoying thing is having to read all the bollocks ppl have posted by latching onto the person you're following. If I just want to follow James O'Brian, I don't want to read all the shite his followers post.

Time for Tweety Bird to die I think

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
It's like facebook but more about the more detailed shit you don't care about,

I'm tired.
Im eating at mac donalds.
I'm getting a blowjob from a rent boy in Soho.

Who fuck cares :D but i'm gonna open one for the business tho xD

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's as good as the people you follow. So if you find it's shit, you're following shit people. Some really good stuff on there you know.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Say I'm following Mr X
I end up seeing 50 posts from A, B, C, D, E, etc all posting various nonsense @Mr X
If I can block everyone except Mr X, I'll stick with it

Helme

Resident Freddy
I use it to follow a bunch of publishers & game companies. Easiest way I've found so far to gather a bunch of info without visiting 20 different sites.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I tried it so I could talk about it, couldn't fathom how to use it for the life of me.
If things aren't completely obvious within 10 seconds I ditch and move on.

Is it just an online mmorpg for texters, as in 160 char 'tweets' that you post to everyone if they want to look?
There's like 3 different apps for it on my Desire HD and each one just confuses the fook out of me.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
You're Shit!

seriously though I'd echo was Wazzer said, it's as good as who you follow. I follow shag all of my friends because I hear enough of their shit on facebook. I use it to keep abreast of regular news and sports news.

Also follow Iain Macintosh. Quality.

For example: "Charlie Adam's first touch is a delightful 35 yard lofted pass that Andy Carroll spanks into the floodlights while screaming, "'AVE IT!"".

He writes the football manager stories in The Blizzard.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
You're doing it wrong.

I have an interest in Team Lotus the F1 team and follow Tony Fernandes, Mike Gascoigne, Heikki and a couple of others on the team. They make a real effort to keep you informed and keep the team really open. All using Twitter.

There's others I follow for comedy, Danny Baker is good, as is Dave Gorman.

There's tons more too, and if you find someone uninteresting, just unfollow them.

Interestingly, I don't see what others have tweeted @ people I'm following, unless they re-tweet it. So I'm not inundated with the shite you seem to be.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Say I'm following Mr X
I end up seeing 50 posts from A, B, C, D, E, etc all posting various nonsense @Mr X

You can do that, stop being a noob.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yes, you're right. I'll be the first to admit I'm a Twitter noob
So how do I do it?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Check your options or settings? I use tweetdeck and it's an option there.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I have an account, but I just don't "get it". I think you need to be willing to make a concious effort to filter information from Twitter and I just don't have the willpower to wade through the crap to find things I'm interested in.

I have a good selection of blogs and RSS feeds that I read daily and I find that stuff there is generally better thought out and easier to digest. You don't get the instant feedback stuff though, which is kind of the point of Twitter I guess.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's like facebook but more about the more detailed shit you don't care about,

I'm tired.
Im eating at mac donalds.
I'm getting a blowjob from a rent boy in Soho.

Who fuck cares :D but i'm gonna open one for the business tho xD

Or in your case

I am living in Thailand and getting blowjobs from LadyBoys for 20 Baht. Give it a fucking rest.

I have read several threads tonight and you pop up in each and every one to the detrimental effect of the thread. Keep this up and you will be banned. Why? Cos I fucking can. Consider this the final warning. Freddy does not want you in his House if you carry on the way you are. Period. If you want to discuss this PM (Private Message) me, don't use this thread...

For the original OP I apologise. Having read several threads with GimmlyThe3rd in them you can imagine the anger I am feeling at the moment.

Back on track, I agree Twitter is shit. I would love to be able to follow someone and their tweets without all the noise that appears on my homepage from "fans" getting moist because someone they follow happened to say "I went for a piss".

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Say I'm following Mr X

Errr, no. This is not how Twitter works at all. You will only see:

- Posts by people you follow
- Retweets by people you follow

What you are likely seeing is retweets, in which case blame the cunt you are following. Also, if you click on that person's profile, you can disable visibility of retweets from that person.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Don't tend to follow people on Twitter, tend to follow just companies and then its mainly games companies or certain online shops like Play.com.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I have not really got on with Twitter either really. I guess it's because I'm not all that interested in "The Celebrity" and what they get up to every minute of every day.

I suppose if you follow a company or something like that then perhaps it's ok.

I have been following Alan Sugar on Twitter recently just to see his comments on The Apprentice. He does say some funny stuff sometimes but he is a bit of a twat.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm, all this talk about following people makes me think twitter is a freudian apparatus for stalkers :p

taB

Part of the furniture
I don't give a shit what people are up to on a minute by minute basis. For me Twitter fits the same category as Eastenders: watching other people live their lives. I am sure that I "don't get it" though.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Follow what you find interesting, simple as that. If someone starts posting crap - unfollow.

I find it mostly useful as a quick alternative to RSS feeds for certain news sites, as well as service providers using it for status updates. It's much faster and easier to catch a tweet instead of looking through a status page or going through an RSS aggregator.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I now follow a couple of physicists & the CERN lab. You don't get too much spam with physicists! Thankfully.

(Used to follow ppl like Dara O'Briain, Stephen Fry, Dylan Moran etc...but so much cobblers from other ppl tweeting at these celebs that my "inbox" ends up looking like a spam folder...and to be honest, I don't give a rats arse if Dara is drinking a glass of red wine. Say somethign funny or STFU)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It it is utter shite Lamp, don't be conned by the people trying to tell you otherwise, it has very limited functionality and is only so popular because 'celebrity' has hijacked it and helped turn it into a 'mememe! lets make money!' machine.

Anyone telling you otherwise has been brainwashed by the trend, the same kind of trend that cons people into believing that Apple make the best computers/phones/mp3players based on nothing more than marketing bullshit.

Prolonged use of Twitter will have a negative impact on your intellect. :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It it is utter shite Lamp, don't be conned by the people trying to tell you otherwise, it has very limited functionality and is only so popular because 'celebrity' has hijacked it and helped turn it into a 'mememe! lets make money!' machine.

Anyone telling you otherwise has been brainwashed by the trend, the same kind of trend that cons people into believing that Apple make the best computers/phones/mp3players based on nothing more than marketing bullshit.

Prolonged use of Twitter will have a negative impact on your intellect. :p

You're an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom