TV Theme Tunes

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I don't think this has been posted before. :D

It's quite comprehensive. Linky

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I've always been partial to tv.cream.org.

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
The Littlest Hobo...<sobs>...

Its a very good list but it doesnt have Monkey Magic..

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No Bagpuss, no Mr Benn.

No cigar.

(mind you, a bit of kudos won back for Top Cat ;))

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
It's got Gummy Bears, Henry's Cat and Jason and the wheeled warriors. Therefore it's teh win! :p

Plus it's easier to navigate than the other site. Even though the other site probably has everthing EVER. It's got banacek ffs! I remember watching that on bbc2 in the day time (before I got a job).

Gray

FH is my second home
"quite comprehensive" = "temporarily disabled"

right?

:(

btw... Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors bring back some memories, FoX Kids! on Sky are actually showing the 1970 / 1980's cartoons, for instance, Ghostbusters, Jayce, Ninja Turtles (Altho its been remade), Spiderman, The Hulk, X-Men, M.A.S.K and many more. I think theres one called Ulysees as well (However its spelt)

I dont remember that one, but at first i thought it was Jayce coz they had similar characters.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha, that's what happens when you make a website hosted with limited bandwidth, on which every sub-page has an embedded .wav or .mp3.
Oh well, at least I stirred up a ton of old half-forgotten childhood memories. It seems pretty goddamn depressing though that TV programs were important enough to be able to get nostalgic about.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Gray said:
"quite comprehensive" = "temporarily disabled"

right?

:(

btw... Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors bring back some memories, FoX Kids! on Sky are actually showing the 1970 / 1980's cartoons, for instance, Ghostbusters, Jayce, Ninja Turtles (Altho its been remade), Spiderman, The Hulk, X-Men, M.A.S.K and many more. I think theres one called Ulysees as well (However its spelt)

I dont remember that one, but at first i thought it was Jayce coz they had similar characters.
Was ulysees the one where the cars were mutant plants and he was looking for his dad or was that jason. I can't remember anymore :(

Gray

FH is my second home
Nah thats Jayce, Ulysees seems to be similar apart from the fact it dont have mutant plants etc (I think?)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Nononono, youngsters, I dunno ;)

Ulysees (as i remember it) was ulysees trying to free the crew of his spaceship from suspended animation, with the help of his robot 'No-no'.

As far as epic cartoons go though, nothing beats the Mysterious Cities of Gold (and its theme).

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
babs said:
As far as epic cartoons go though, nothing beats the Mysterious Cities of Gold (and its theme).
I have all of them on my pc! :D \o/ AND quite a lot of the transformers episodes (including the film). All nicked from my mate one LAN party. :D

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Ulysses 31 was a retelling of the tale in Homer's Odyssey, over 26 episodes they covered most of the original story, with slight shift given that it's about a spaceship. It's most notable for being a collaboration between French and Japanese animators with a pretty unique style that is only really matched by Leiji Matsumoto's work.

It's also probably the best 'kids' cartoon ever.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
MCOG had that same japanese-french connection, and for me was far creepier. You just don't get that 'late afternoon stupidly long running' cartoon thing any more. Dogtanian, Willy Fogg etc. I mean, 39 episodes!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Scooba da Bass said:
It's also probably the best 'kids' cartoon ever.

Them's fightin' words! I think that kind of thing is very age-specific; for a lot of the people on here (late twenties, early thirties types), I'm sure you're right, but most of that eighties Japo-Franco-whole-HeMan-Transformers-Anime-lite stuff kind of washes over me. Frankly, as an older chap (38), the best 'kids' cartoons ever are probably the more recent (90's) things like Batman The Animated Series, coz I don't have a nostalgic axe to grind (cartoons from the seventies, when I grew up, don't stand up to close scrutiny at all).

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
Japo-Franco-whole-HeMan-Transformers-Anime-lite stuff kind of washes over me.

Them's even bigger fightin' words!

I think what sets Uly 31 and MCoG apart from stuff like Transformers and He-Man is that they both have a very definite and well developed plot. All the generic 80's merchandise selling cartoons are good in a nostalgic sense as you say, but the story always seems like a simplistic afterthought.

Will

/bin/su
I did love Uly 31 (not even going to try to spell it) and Cities of Gold, but nowadays, I prefer Samurai Jack.

(And no, I'm not going to move the thread...it started in the right forum, just the conversation drifted.)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Who remembers that kids' puzzle program, Nightmare? With the helmet thing and the shield thing with the eye? It was on some digital channel, the graphics rock!!

I'm too young to remember your Uly 31 thingy :( I remember He-man and that scary black play days puppet thing on strings :(((((((((((

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Will - your sig:

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. - Unknown

Keanu Reeves in The Replacements I believe.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Clown said:
Who remembers that kids' puzzle program, Nightmare? With the helmet thing and the shield thing with the eye? It was on some digital channel, the graphics rock!!
TOP stuff. I only ever remember seeing one group finish it! Stuff like 'Side step to your left. There is a giant spider in front of you, the exits are left and straight on. like a live-action rpg! With dodgy hammy actors as well. :)

oh, them were the days! :D

Will

/bin/su
DaGaffer said:
Will - your sig:

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. - Unknown

Keanu Reeves in The Replacements I believe.
A quick Google confirms it. Cheers. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Mysterious Cities of Gold did it for me. I remember Ulysses, was quality, but I don't recall if they ever managed to get home. Cities of Gold was just class, really encouraged an interest in that kind of thing in me.

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
MCoG, Ulysses (mainly as I was a geek when younger and loved Homers Odyssey) and all those were great as a kid and great to recall now...wouldn't want to actually watch most of them though. But the cartoons of today are far more outstanding, Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, Earthworm Jim and The Tick cant be touched by the old 'We will teach you a moral if it kills us goddammit' cartoons...though on a different note watched The Tick live action show a few weeks back and was in stictches, highly reccomended for a night of giggles.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.tvthemetunes.net
You have to sign up, but you can only download so much per week (leeching was possible before, but it killed the site off for a long time).
Very good collection, mind. And a forum. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom