Tv Out

Cyfr

Banned
Hmm well, Santa brought me a Herc 9800 pro for xmas :clap:
It has TV out and comes with the wires, I tried it on my TV downstairs right away :p. All I did, was take the box downstairs, with mouse and keyboard, plug the svideo lead into the tv then turned it all on.
A few problems need resolving...

1) You can't read the writing in the screen at all. I tried to work my wy around with pictures to find the resolution, I found it and set it to lowest, still it was bearly readable at close range.

2) Theres no sound, now I assume thats because I aint wired any sound up .. its a bloody pain to wire my surround sound up just to watch a film or something on the TV.. so how do I go about using the TV sound? (Or infact the hi-fi sound, its wired into the tv somehow for surround.. not really that fussed tho, just need some form of sound)

I think thats about it :). Getting just under 15k in 3dmark2001.. got 9k or so with my gf4ti4200

Pc specs: P4 2.6ghz, 1gig ddr ram (3200), Herc 9800 pro

Thanks in advance :)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Cyfr said:
Hmm well, Santa brought me a Herc 9800 pro for xmas :clap:
It has TV out and comes with the wires, I tried it on my TV downstairs right away :p. All I did, was take the box downstairs, with mouse and keyboard, plug the svideo lead into the tv then turned it all on.
A few problems need resolving...

1) You can't read the writing in the screen at all. I tried to work my wy around with pictures to find the resolution, I found it and set it to lowest, still it was bearly readable at close range.

2) Theres no sound, now I assume thats because I aint wired any sound up .. its a bloody pain to wire my surround sound up just to watch a film or something on the TV.. so how do I go about using the TV sound? (Or infact the hi-fi sound, its wired into the tv somehow for surround.. not really that fussed tho, just need some form of sound)

I think thats about it :). Getting just under 15k in 3dmark2001.. got 9k or so with my gf4ti4200

Pc specs: P4 2.6ghz, 1gig ddr ram (3200), Herc 9800 pro

Thanks in advance :)
If your TV has Scart then the simplest thing would be to break a stereo-header to two phonos, and use a composite to scart adapter to connect to your telly.

Cyfr

Banned
Xavier said:
If your TV has Scart then the simplest thing would be to break a stereo-header to two phonos, and use a composite to scart adapter to connect to your telly.

<newb>
Want to explain that in English terms to a none technical teen? :p
</newb>

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry, yes, Maplin and RS sell cables with a single 3.5mm headphone connector on one end (into front channels of sound card) and at the other end two phono connectors, the two stero channels split into left (white) and right (red).

With that cable and the composite lead for your vid card, plus a composite to scart dongle you'll be able to get sound/video on yer telly no probs.

Cyfr

Banned
Xavier said:
Sorry, yes, Maplin and RS sell cables with a single 3.5mm headphone connector on one end (into front channels of sound card) and at the other end two phono connectors, the two stero channels split into left (white) and right (red).

With that cable and the composite lead for your vid card, plus a composite to scart dongle you'll be able to get sound/video on yer telly no probs.
Thanks, and the resolution problem? :D

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I would think there's very little you can do about that - televisions are very low-res affairs (roughly equivalent to 640x480). TV-Out is only really any use for watching DVDs/AVIs.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Actually, its 768x576, but then I always was a pedantic bastard :)

Cyfr

Banned
*lick* its working :)
Now I need to go buy a Herc 920 dvi tft :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom