tv, external speakers, pc connection

- English -

Resident Freddy
Can anyone help with me speakers connection.

See my diagram to explain how I have it set up, and perhaps you can enlighten me what I miss

Untitled.png

So the PC is connected to the TV via HDMI, viewable on #1 slot,
the media center/network blueray player is also connected to the TV with HDMI. viewabe #2 slot.

The media center doesnt like to play ISO files and some other file types, so when I wish to watch a movie from the PC i want to switch to slot #1 and basically drag the screen over to the tv. I have done this for a long itme, but now ive installed some external speakers with connect to the media center, rather than the tv.

Therefore I have to disable to tv sound which lets the media center speakers work.
What I want is for my PC to be able to use the mediacenters speakers, when on #1 slot.

Can i use an AUX cable or optic cable to connect the two together?
If so, does the optic cable go from the TV to the media center, or the media center to the pc, or the pc to the TV etc

I would like to know before i go and buy one (if it would work).

Thanks!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
As long as you have the option on your TV to send sound out via another connection it will work. So convection from TV to media centre.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Audio options on TV

Tv Speakers : off
Digital Audio Out; Auto or PCM

Regarding the media center, it states

Connections with external device
AUX Connection You can enjoy the sound from an external component through the speakers of this system. Connect the analog audio output jacks of your component into the AUX L/R (INPUT) on this unit. And then select the [AUX] option by pressing FUNCTION and ENTER (b). You can also use the F (Function) button on the front panel to select the input mode.
OPTICAL IN connection You can enjoy the sound from your component with a digital optical connection through the speakers of this system. Connect the optical output jack of your component into the OPTICAL IN jack on the unit. And then select the [OPTICAL] option by pressing FUNCTION and ENTER (b). Or press OPTICAL to select directly. You can also use the F (Function) button on the front panel to select the input mode.
To the digital optical output jack of your component

- English -

Resident Freddy
And is there any advantage to the optical / aux approach?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And is there any advantage to the optical / aux approach?

No, and it will cause you problems with BluRay etc. As far as I'm aware, you must use HDMI to get full dolby out with BluRay. If you've got the slots you really should use HDMI these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom