Tuscaren Glacier Raid - Tuesday 15/07/03

I

iolaire

I can't remember if I'm 47 yet.. not played in 6 months, but I've just signed back up and am raring to go :]

Iida <White Rose> zerkette

S

svartmetall

No, it's not too late for you to sign up :)...just make sure you're at Hagall for 1900 and we'll see you all there.

Jessman - sorry, but I don't like that system much. Your way, people who couldn't use drops but got lucky with /random 1000 would choose the "prestige" items they would then sell and the people who needed them would either not get them or end up getting fleeced for the things they could have just won in the lotto. Look at the farcical prices some people ask for drops in the Trading forum...I don't like that at all.

I was favouring the "roll till you win" system but agreed with the point that it favoured tanks a little too much maybe (even if I am a tank myself) - if tonight's raid is a success (i.e. we get drops and people have fun) I'll be doing more, probably some Iarnvidiur raids too, so I'll try both systems and see what goes down best.

D

D.Alturiak

L50 skald signing up - if there's still time.

S

svartmetall

Well...thanks to all who turned, we had about 65 show up in Hagall in the end. Nice turnout.

The first encounter with named mobs turned into a bit of a disaster as everyone tried to zerg that damn Griffon at once, leading to lots of falling deaths and general chaos...I freely admit my own inexperience at leading raids played a part. Some people left at that point (because wipes never happen on raids, do they...) which is a shame because when we regrouped and went back in it went pretty well...we got 8 named drops, which were lotto'd off at the end in Hagall.

I'd like to say thanks to Breni for excellent pulling, and Tart for showing me the way (literally), and Chunk for giving me cg and grp leader advice...I got so unbelievably spammed with PMs ( at least 40 a minute) before and during the raid that I'll be turning that off and just anouncing the cg earlier; the sheer volume of stuff I was trying to do made it very hard to cope with everything.

What did I learn...?

Tactics...tactics are nice. Zerging in TG is BAD, mm'kay? Also that 1 ticket lotto is reasonably workable system; I went back in with 3FG raid (led by someone else) later on last night, and we were damn effective - but used the "all roll for all drops" system, which I really don't like. And also that most people actually don't have a problem with the raid organiser pre-claiming a item, should it drop. So next time I get a TG raid happening, I will be pre-claiming a Dragon-Shadow Geat Axe - should it drop, I get it, and don't get to roll for anything else. TBH organising a raid is so much hassle that I think it's only fair as a return on the effort put in.

I hope those who stuck with it had fun; I was just trying to get something nice happening for my fellow Middies...I got seriously depressed at one point when a few people were giving me shit on PMs because they'd actually died on a raid, but I think I will run more raids in future. Not sure when, though, it will depend on my work shifts. I'd like to do fairly regular Trollheim and I-Lair raids too, those dungeons kick ass.

B

bouh

omg zerglings
65ppl had to kill ALL mobs in TG durring 2.5-3.5 hours maximum.

nuff said

P

parzi

thx svart for raid, and bouh, organize a better one yourself THAN come here and whine pls kthx

i dont think that it went well etc, but imho you have no right to flame untill you did it better...

shit happened, and fyi the griffons r very hard and drop only shit afaik, they just should not be done first, next time when so much ppl show up go directly for council&king queen etc.

S

svartmetall

Well it was my first big raid, I was bound to get something wrong...and I did ASK everyone if they wanted to go for King and Queen and most said "no" or didn't bother to reply.

W

warlock_es

IMO, Relic Raid / TG Raid / Legion Raid / Dragon Raid leader must give orders, not ask questions.
In DAoC, when more than 2fg are doing the same business, you need one strong person who knows what is all about and takes full responsibility. It is no place for democracy.

Instead of asking
"Do you guys want to kill King/Queen ?"
you should say
"We go for King and Queen. Period." :D

B

bouh

Leader shouldn't raise questions with Yes/No answer.
But leader can ask ppl to make a choice among a few equivalent alternatives. But he is still in duty to make a final decision.

e.g. "Lets kill mob A or B?" Means if we r going to kill mob A we wont kill mob B (lack of time prolly).

P

parzi

thats right, im sure svart has also learned a lot and will do it next time :)

ppl dont know what is good for them :D (i.e. king n queen instead of fcking gryphons)

N

Nichneven

Thanks for organizing a raid, Svart. Yes it was a learning experience and I hope it all paid off. In the future I'd be happy to attend one of your raids as long as I can make it. We had some wipeouts but /cheer to the people who kept up the good attitude and stuck with it. I wanted to hang around in case you made another attempt after the lotto, but sadly I had to log to cook dinner and do family stuff ;)

Thanks, Svart, for keeping up the good attude during the whole raid as well. It makes a huge difference :)

C

chosen

it was good to be ur first raid :) but u should get urself a TG map or atleast plan a 2nd leader, the reason we died first time was because all mobs did pop while we were standing near one of the coucil spots, first time it happend me and i know the reason. I am not sure who, but some ppl had been Focus killing issordan before we went to TG and then the respop clock starts ticking, after u kill a mob the repop clock starts not sure how long that time is, but u did see they popped 10 min after we killed the 2 councils, suddenly they spawned with all the other giants and we got a massive add that did aggro so we all died.
we wouldn't die if the guys could let TG stay for the big raid that was planned and go there next day or something instead, but we really got some ego ppl here in midgard.
anyway thanks svartalfs, i've never laughed so much under a raid before, it really was fun.

A

Aoami

think Ninch sumed it up nicely :)

Thanks for putting it together and keeping your cool :)

P

parzi

yup afaik repop timer for a full repop in whole bg starts after first mob is keeleed, and is about 8 hours. so thats why raids should be announced here, so that noone will start farming issorden with sup sm grp or something ~5 hours before a raid starts...

C

chunky

Thx for the raid Svart :)

First raid didnt go great to start with but i still realy enjoyed my self. (and was a little unfair of who ever killed isso, especially as its been on BW for a few days). The secound time we whent back in i would say was one of the best TG raids i have been on so far, we didnt get much in the way of great drops but the general atitude was real nice.
Would be a pleasure to come with you on future raids, Like I said to you in game "Anyone who is willing to put in the effort to organise this is doing a good job in my book"

Not much more to say in this except, Don't flame others when you arnt willing to put in this much effort your self. I would rather there was 2 OK TG raids a week than 1 good one per month.
We all have our opinions on how the perfect raid should be but if its not your raid and you havn't got anything constructive to say then, IMO, keep it shut :)

Gl with your future raids m8, and try PM me in game about next tuesday, though i wont be on much till sunday :(

Chunk out...

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Aoami
keeping your cool :)

Hehe, you didn't see some of the PM chats I was having...

...but I wanted to keep raid relaxed and fun, in keeping with my guild's ethos of "be nice and have fun"...

...so thanks for the votes of confidence. Downloading maps of Trollheim and Iarnvidiur's Lair even as I speak...:).

L

Lyciana

Originally posted by chunky
Thx for the raid Svart :)

First raid didnt go great to start with but i still realy enjoyed my self. (and was a little unfair of who ever killed isso, especially as its been on BW for a few days). The secound time we whent back in i would say was one of the best TG raids i have been on so far, we didnt get much in the way of great drops but the general atitude was real nice.
Would be a pleasure to come with you on future raids, Like I said to you in game "Anyone who is willing to put in the effort to organise this is doing a good job in my book"

Not much more to say in this except, Don't flame others when you arnt willing to put in this much effort your self. I would rather there was 2 OK TG raids a week than 1 good one per month.
We all have our opinions on how the perfect raid should be but if its not your raid and you havn't got anything constructive to say then, IMO, keep it shut :)

Gl with your future raids m8, and try PM me in game about next tuesday, though i wont be on much till sunday :(

Chunk out...

i'll organize another soon :)

B

bouh

Originally posted by chosen
I am not sure who, but some ppl had been Focus killing issordan before we went to TG and then the respop clock starts ticking, after u kill a mob the repop clock starts not sure how long that time is, but u did see they popped 10 min after we killed the 2 councils, suddenly they spawned with all the other giants and we got a massive add that did aggro so we all died.
we wouldn't die if the guys could let TG stay for the big raid that was planned and go there next day or something instead, but we really got some ego ppl here in midgard.

It's realy funny post cos....

1. Chosen used to kill Isso with a small grp.
2. There must be no connection (or the connection isnt strict) between camping Isso and dung reloading. Last raid we've checked Isso And Forn after dung got reloaded and both named Skels weren't popped. A few NP and RB guys (beside BC members) can proof as well.

N

nott

There are two timers in TG. One for skeletons/griffons and one for giants.

I think (I'm not at all sure on this) the giant timer starts when killing the giants passed the lesser skellies, while the skeletons timer starts in the tunnel towards Isso.

If this is correct a raid starting on entrance of dungeon set out to kill isso will trigger the giant repop timer.

B

bouh

Originally posted by nott
There are two timers in TG. One for skeletons/griffons and one for giants.

I think (I'm not at all sure on this) the giant timer starts when killing the giants passed the lesser skellies, while the skeletons timer starts in the tunnel towards Isso.

If this is correct a raid starting on entrance of dungeon set out to kill isso will trigger the giant repop timer.

yes, and u can kill all giants in dommi room (but not dommis) in 3-5 ppl + ungroupped puller.
giants drop weapon/armor/enamels and snakes drop tintures.

so on many raids i've met a cleared room there while Counciles were alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom