Turkish Delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Does anyone out there in the world actually seriously like these chocolates? They're foul. It tastes like you're eating FLOWERS for god's sake! I don't know of a single person that doesn't want this violation of taste near their mouth: is this the case nationwide?

Should a BAN TURKISH DELIGHT petition be made to put forward to cadbury's and the government?

Cyfr

Banned
I like them but since it has Turkish in the name, i'll agree to baning them.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
The Cadburys Turkish Delight is indeed a foul choclolate, and pales in comparison to the real Turkish Delights. I fear the Queen of Narnia may have had something to do with this. :(

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Real turkish delight is not chocolate.
So I am guessing he means the jelly covered in chocolate that has been given the name over here.

I prefer the choccy one to the real one though.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Custodian said:
Real turkish delight is not chocolate.
So I am guessing he means the jelly covered in chocolate that has been given the name over here.

I prefer the choccy one to the real one though.

Well he did mention Cadburys in his thread so I thought that it was pretty obvious hes talking about the Cadburys chocolate bar

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am not a fan of either Cadburys Turkish Delight or Authentic Turkish Delight, although if faced with a choice I don't wretch if I eat athentic, however the Cadburys version is :puke:

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Didn't it used to be Frys Turkish Delight, I can remember the old TV adverts :)
I guess Cadbury bought them out :/

leggy

Probably Scottish
Swift^ said:
It tastes like you're eating FLOWERS for god's sake!

fucking lol :D, I have said this to my mates for years but they all insist on eating them.

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
couple of months ago my gran went to turkey... brought me 2 packages of real turkish delight... i ate them in one evening... they are fucking too SWEET!

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Teren said:
couple of months ago my gran went to turkey... brought me 2 packages of real turkish delight... i ate them in one evening... they are fucking too SWEET!
Now THAT would make me :puke:

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Swift^ said:
They're foul. It tastes like you're eating FLOWERS for god's sake!

You are, the pink ones are flavoured with rose. The yellow ones are usually vanilla.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
REAL Turkish delight is the best! Hoping my parents go back there soon to bring me some back (no way I am going over there...)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Trebz said:
You are, the pink ones are flavoured with rose. The yellow ones are usually vanilla.

Am I the only one that feels this to be a violation of my human rights? That's so wrong. :s

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Well I think real turkish delight is quite good . My only problem withit is the sweetness, but it tastes nothing like the foul CADBURYS VERSION HERE.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
The yellow stuff is often Orange Flower Water.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, and real turkish delight, when they coat it with a sack of sugar per block, eww. You can feel your teeth melt as you bite in.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Fry's Turkish Delight = Yummy
Cadburys Turkish Delight = Icky
PROPER Turkish Delight = Wonderful Stuff :D

The Fry's one is still around, and now they are pegging it as something like 98% fat free... Prolly because it's loaded with sugar, there's no room for the fat ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I like turkish delight, from the cheap cadburies jelly in choc to the real thing.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Mmmm, either turkish delight is yummy. :D

Could eat loads of them. ;)

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
The chocolate covered stuff is just awful, but I like the proper stuff ...... until my teeth start to hurt from all the sugar that is!

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Real turkish delight, like actually bought in turkey rocks, the stuff you get here is foul tho.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Narnia to blame? Maybe we should invade ... anyone have a flat pack howitzer to it through that wardrobe?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Fry's = yum
Cadbury's = ok
Real ones = yum x2

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Mazling said:
Narnia to blame? Maybe we should invade ... anyone have a flat pack howitzer to it through that wardrobe?

No but i have an inflatable cheiftan tank i could lend you.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Fucking rank is what they both are. In fact every sweet ive ever had thats come from the Far East (apart from fortune cookies) have made me wanna wretch. Especially those goddamn awful Indian ones, i forget what they called but its like flour and suger and errrr, flowers :p

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
theres one indian sweet i like, goolab joolam are what they sound like. Taste delicous. I hate dates, thus kinda excluding myself from most arab sweet, but the ones with the nuts are amazing. Sweet, delicious and addictive.

I hate turkish delight too. Tastes like pap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom