This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turkish Delight

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wazzerphuk, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

Does anyone out there in the world actually seriously like these chocolates? They're foul. It tastes like you're eating FLOWERS for god's sake! I don't know of a single person that doesn't want this violation of taste near their mouth: is this the case nationwide?

Should a BAN TURKISH DELIGHT petition be made to put forward to cadbury's and the government?

2. Loxleyhood

Loxleyhood Fledgling Freddie

My parents like them, but I actually gag if I try to eat one.

3. Cyfr

Cyfr Banned

I like them but since it has Turkish in the name, i'll agree to baning them.

4. SawTooTH

SawTooTH Loyal Freddie

Real Turkish Delight or the shit they make here?

5. GDW

GDW Fledgling Freddie

The Cadburys Turkish Delight is indeed a foul choclolate, and pales in comparison to the real Turkish Delights. I fear the Queen of Narnia may have had something to do with this. :(

6. Custodian

Custodian Loyal Freddie

Real turkish delight is not chocolate.
    So I am guessing he means the jelly covered in chocolate that has been given the name over here.

I prefer the choccy one to the real one though.

7. GDW

GDW Fledgling Freddie

Well he did mention Cadburys in his thread so I thought that it was pretty obvious hes talking about the Cadburys chocolate bar

8. Custodian

Custodian Loyal Freddie

I was answering Sawtooth.
    Your post got in the way :(

9. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel

I am not a fan of either Cadburys Turkish Delight or Authentic Turkish Delight, although if faced with a choice I don't wretch if I eat athentic, however the Cadburys version is :puke:

10. Custodian

Custodian Loyal Freddie

Didn't it used to be Frys Turkish Delight, I can remember the old TV adverts :)
    I guess Cadbury bought them out :/

11. tRoG

tRoG Fledgling Freddie

I don't mind them, actually. :)

12. leggy

leggy Probably Scottish

fucking lol :D, I have said this to my mates for years but they all insist on eating them.

13. Teren

Teren Loyal Freddie

couple of months ago my gran went to turkey... brought me 2 packages of real turkish delight... i ate them in one evening... they are fucking too SWEET!

14. Custodian

Custodian Loyal Freddie

Now THAT would make me :puke:

15. Trebz

Trebz One of Freddy's beloved

You are, the pink ones are flavoured with rose. The yellow ones are usually vanilla.

16. Bym

Bym One of Freddy's beloved

REAL Turkish delight is the best! Hoping my parents go back there soon to bring me some back (no way I am going over there...)

17. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

Am I the only one that feels this to be a violation of my human rights? That's so wrong. :s

18. SawTooTH

SawTooTH Loyal Freddie

Well I think real turkish delight is quite good . My only problem withit is the sweetness, but it tastes nothing like the foul CADBURYS VERSION HERE.

19. babs

babs Can't get enough of FH

The yellow stuff is often Orange Flower Water.

20. babs

babs Can't get enough of FH

Oh, and real turkish delight, when they coat it with a sack of sugar per block, eww. You can feel your teeth melt as you bite in.

21. the_hermit

the_hermit Fledgling Freddie

Fry's Turkish Delight = Yummy
    Cadburys Turkish Delight = Icky
    PROPER Turkish Delight = Wonderful Stuff :D

The Fry's one is still around, and now they are pegging it as something like 98% fat free... Prolly because it's loaded with sugar, there's no room for the fat ;)

22. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

I like turkish delight, from the cheap cadburies jelly in choc to the real thing.

23. Sharma

Sharma Can't get enough of FH

Mmmm, either turkish delight is yummy. :D

Could eat loads of them. ;)

24. Chameleon

Chameleon Fledgling Freddie

The chocolate covered stuff is just awful, but I like the proper stuff ...... until my teeth start to hurt from all the sugar that is!

25. RandomBastard

RandomBastard Can't get enough of FH

Real turkish delight, like actually bought in turkey rocks, the stuff you get here is foul tho.

26. Mazling

Mazling Fledgling Freddie

Narnia to blame? Maybe we should invade ... anyone have a flat pack howitzer to it through that wardrobe?

27. Sar

Sar Part of the furniture

Fry's = yum
    Cadbury's = ok
    Real ones = yum x2

28. RandomBastard

RandomBastard Can't get enough of FH

No but i have an inflatable cheiftan tank i could lend you.

29. Doomy

Doomy Fledgling Freddie

Fucking rank is what they both are. In fact every sweet ive ever had thats come from the Far East (apart from fortune cookies) have made me wanna wretch. Especially those goddamn awful Indian ones, i forget what they called but its like flour and suger and errrr, flowers :p

30. Munkey

Munkey Can't get enough of FH

theres one indian sweet i like, goolab joolam are what they sound like. Taste delicous. I hate dates, thus kinda excluding myself from most arab sweet, but the ones with the nuts are amazing. Sweet, delicious and addictive.

I hate turkish delight too. Tastes like pap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.