Advice Turkey Tips

russell

FH is my second home
Going to Turkey -Mamaris, with family and friends in 5 days. Any tips or advice fellow Freddies?:D

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
All the beeches are nudist, you can actually get arrested if you wear clothes within 50yds of the sea

They use US dollar as currency

Its a dry country, you'll get deported if you are caught with alcohol

All kids under 10 must wear burkas between the hours of 10.00am and 3.00pm

You are expected the 'please' to hotel owner on arrival

I think thats got it covered

Enjoy

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Local buses are dirt cheap in Mamaris, they have simple routes designated by different coloured buses. Local tourist maps should let you know which is which.

Go down to the harbour in the evening, try and find a smaller yacht that has not been booked for the next day, it's very easy to barter a private hire for the next day. Ususlaly consisting of a cruise + food (bbq on board and usually fresh fish you have caught).

Some lovely small towns on along the coast only a short bus ride away.

If you get the option on the last day to go to the turtle beach and the mud baths, do it. The airport is nearer them than it is to marmaris, and the turtle beach is stunning.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Its a dry country, you'll get deported if you are caught with alcohol

You lie, I thought you got shot?

Nah, seriously, Turkey is a great place, at chet said - use the small local buses, they're so cheap and super regular.

Haggle... Everywhere... - if you go out for a meal, haggle, seriously - you get free shit - good news! ( Try getting free desserts for example )

Don't put toilet paper in the toilet. - I found that the hard way.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Take a crisp £10 note to get through customs. You probably think i'm joking

Gwadien

Don't take any fossils either, you can be arrested.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
- Check out where the locals eat.
- Use the cheap busses.
- Haggle.
- Watch out for the sun (also drink a lot).
- Take a boat tour.
- Goto a Sauna/Massage.
- If there's a brake in the hot weather, go inland and sniff up some culture.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Not a fan of Marmaris, too touristy for my liking. You should take the time to look at carpets, some of them are very lovely indeed. But don't window shop, the Turks don't understand it and if you're not interested just tell them and be firm. Having been to Turkey with my mother and niece a few times I have learned these lessons the hard way ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
A visit to a traditional Turkish barbers is not to be missed. Doesn't matter if you don't have a beard....they can do "down below" as well...apparently...

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
A visit to a traditional Turkish barbers is not to be missed. Doesn't matter if you don't have a beard....they can do "down below" as well...apparently...

Hah, I whas thinkin of writing that down.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Take a crisp £10 note to get through customs. You probably think i'm joking

Not a fan of Marmaris, too touristy for my liking. You should take the time to look at carpets, some of them are very lovely indeed. But don't window shop, the Turks don't understand it and if you're not interested just tell them and be firm. Having been to Turkey with my mother and niece a few times I have learned these lessons the hard way ;)

Bahu is correct, can't remember the cost or whether they prefer sterling or local currency, but you need to pay for your visa at customs.

Get used to seeing lots of local produce, especially if you are on tours. The wankers will stop at every factory along the route to try and get the tourists to spend their cash. Hate that kind of thing personally, I'm not on holiday to shop.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Avoid Turkish men.

Hmm. Not all of them are horrible. The worst offenders are those from the villages and the east who work in the tourist areas during the Summer. They are just not used to women who dress scantily, get drunk etc.

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
didnt like marmaris personally, way too busy and was a bit of a dump.

the harbour is nice tho, pop down there and get a water taxi across the bay to icmeler (sp?) much nicer place imo, takes about 15 mins to get there and its a nice ride over and is cheap as chips, theres loads of nice restaurants there and a nice market area with a canal running through it. (place called cocoa beach was ony of my fave haunts)

like others have said you need £10 to get through customs and for the love of god dont buy anything at the price they offer (even the water taxi you can negotiate) they love a good haggle over there :)

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Hmm. Not all of them are horrible. The worst offenders are those from the villages and the east who work in the tourist areas during the Summer. They are just not used to women who dress scantily, get drunk etc.
Whores then?

Most country's outside that euro holiday zone and the US aren't.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Most countries outside that Euro holiday zone and the US are called Third World for a reason.

Turkey is a long way from the Third World. I hear they have a better credit rating than the US of A too.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bahu is correct, can't remember the cost or whether they prefer sterling or local currency, but you need to pay for your visa at customs.

Get used to seeing lots of local produce, especially if you are on tours. The wankers will stop at every factory along the route to try and get the tourists to spend their cash. Hate that kind of thing personally, I'm not on holiday to shop.

Oh you will laugh at how dirty this is. Guy at work just came back from Turkey on his honeymoon. He knew full well what to expect as he has been before.

When you pay your £10, they will NOT give change. You may think "oh I can just give him a £20 for me and the missus"...Nope...You pay one at a time.

Turkish: Gimme £10
Man: here is £20 for me and my wife
Turkish: no, you pay seperate
Man: ok can i have change?
Turkish: No

Wife walks up
Turkish: Gimme £10
Wife: My husband just paid £20
Turkish: Eat shit

My friend said there was so many people arguing, but at the end of the day they have guns lol

Gwadien

What? Should I be insulted because I live in the US? You gotta try harder than that.

At least you're still a tit.

Why would you even think about taking offence if someone insulted your credit rating? lul

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'd push my credit rating to the back of my mind if mine was as bad as yours man.

Gwadien

I'd push my credit rating to the back of my mind if mine was as bad as yours man.

OMG, YOU'RE REALLY ANNOYING ME NOW, GETTING SO PERSONAL!

:wub:

It's like accountants gang rap wars.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Why would you even think about taking offence if someone insulted your credit rating? lul

I don't.

But it's coming from Turamber. We have a history of getting along well.

... and he started this time around. I love it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom