TT recruiting: Ice Theurgist

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
eh? doing stuff for self benifit contantly is selfish... witch is what you said, dont expect any one to do anything for you
Erm, said nothing about self benefit :S The opposite for "dont expect anyone to do anything for you" would be "expect everyone to do everything for you" and the opposite for "be ready to put lots of effort in it" would be "dont be ready to put any effort in it", no? (hint: expect is the keyword here)

The fat kid for example is expecting others to make him a group because he cant be arsed to put any effort to make one by himself. Get it?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Erm, said nothing about self benefit :S The opposite for "dont expect anyone to do anything for you" would be "expect everyone to do everything for you" and the opposite for "be ready to put lots of effort in it" would be "dont be ready to put any effort in it", no? (hint: expect is the keyword here)

The fat kid for example is expecting others to make him a group because he cant be arsed to put any effort to make one by himself. Get it?

the fat kid wants to play football remeber?

not because he cant be arsed, maybe cause his not good enough to guide a fg through the frontier, or because, you cant start a group with 1 person...

Saggy said:
"Teh golden tip for MMORPGs": Dont expect anything from anyone and be ready to put lots of effort in it - the more effort you put into the more you'll get out of it.

dont lie

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
lol daem isn't elite so the whine is pointless! :kissit:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
What the hell are you talking about? What am I lying here? Seriously, read what I wrote and think what it's all about: Either you are a type of person that expects others to do stuff for you or you are a person who is putting lots of effort in game to get most out of it - that would include forming groups for example. How hard can it be to understand this? Oo

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
one thing i cant understand, why do they have to be in your guild?

i would imagin its hard to requit theys days, due to there being a lack of new unguilded players, for instance i would NEVER leave TDF, unless i was the only active player, just because i have so many memorys and good time's with the members

i dont have an ice thueg btw...

also, why do people have to have set groups? the games about fun, and its generally quite hard to find a group if your not in one of the more 1337 guilds

Your just a typical jump on the bandwagon type of guy.

They want a new member in there guild to run with a set group of players (Who im guessing must have fun together if they play together)

In what way is a guild "1337" ... Just because someone pref's fg rvr, Are they leet ;d ?

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, I don't see why that would make them elitist. In fact them recruiting here openly proves they're not elitist imo, a 'leet' guild would do it entirely over irc and only ask other 'leet' players.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
eh? doing stuff for self benifit contantly is selfish... witch is what you said, dont expect any one to do anything for you
So you expect people to start up groups to invite all the 'fat kids' (wank players) for a change? Lol.

Set groups are welly better than pugs, mainly for actually getting the teamplay bit sorted, which is usually lacking in pugs, aswell as having a laugh and getting on well with a group of people. You get higher realm ranks together, and thus stronger, and you tweak tactics and adapt to eachothers playstyles, and thus become a better group.
I don't know why set groups should be picking random players up just to do them a favour. It may give the random guy a break, but the rest of the group wouldn't be able to play at their usual level.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
So you expect people to start up groups to invite all the 'fat kids' (wank players) for a change? Lol.

Maybe then you would get a group! :fluffle:

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
lol daem isn't elite so the whine is pointless! :kissit:

im not whining, i think:-/

it would be alot better for the realm/game to include people in rvr groups

Saggy said:
What the hell are you talking about? What am I lying here? Seriously, read what I wrote and think what it's all about: Either you are a type of person that expects others to do stuff for you or you are a person who is putting lots of effort in game to get most out of it - that would include forming groups for example. How hard can it be to understand this? Oo

i expect a community, and by excluding others you break the community

Straef said:

Set groups are welly better than pugs, mainly for actually getting the teamplay bit sorted, which is usually lacking in pugs, aswell as having a laugh and getting on well with a group of people. You get higher realm ranks together, and thus stronger, and you tweak tactics and adapt to eachothers playstyles, and thus become a better group.
I don't know why set groups should be picking random players up just to do them a favour. It may give the random guy a break, but the rest of the group wouldn't be able to play at their usual level.

the fat kid isn't on question here... i agree that set groups are better, i agree that they help the realm... but by excluding people from playing in a group, they get pissed off and leave/roll a more rvr freindly char, that they dont have much fun playing

---------------------

but seriously, this is taking over swords thread any more problems with me or my views pm me

Thadius

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
but seriously, this is taking over swords thread any more problems with me or my views pm me

It is a public forum though, expect views :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
yes, but its flooding the real poupose of the thead, and i dont like to do that

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
yes, but its flooding the real poupose of the thead, and i dont like to do that

Looks to me you did this with the very first post you made in this topic.

But I'm cool, keeps this thread up :)

And ty for the help spare theurgs :D

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:
Looks to me you did this with the very first post you made in this topic.

But I'm cool, keeps this thread up :)

And ty for the help spare theurgs :D

yes, but it wasn't ment to turn into a such a bit deal

Ging

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
in a sence, yes, but that meens you exclude others from having fun, compare it to school ground games... the fat kid rarely gets to join in, in a football game

FO we made excellent goalkeepers!!!

that way we learnt to be witty and shout abuse at poeple w/o having to exert ourselves and loose our cushy place in the side!!

hmmm its almost as if ive taken the fat kid mentality to daoc :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
the fat kid isn't on question here... i agree that set groups are better, i agree that they help the realm... but by excluding people from playing in a group, they get pissed off and leave/roll a more rvr freindly char, that they dont have much fun playing

They arn't excluding people from playing in groups at all tho and that's where the argument falls apart. DAoC can only support 8 people in a group, if there's 9 people there, one of them is going to be "left out".

It's not upto people to ensure you have fun in this game.. it's up to you just like everything else in life! Maybe if people like your theoretical fat kid realised that standing in snowdonia spamming "level 50 arms LFG!" wasn't the best way of getting RvR groups then we'd be getting somewhere. What the thread starter is doing is giving 7 people other than him a chance to get a good group where they can have fun playing the game.

There's normally enough people standing around LFG to actually form one.. the reason this doesn't happen is because none of the people doing it can be bothered to organise it. If your going to put nothing into life expect to get nothing back out. It's not like your fat kid is standing beside the field not getting picked by the 9 people playing 5 a side footie. He's sitting inside eating a chocolate bar whining to his other 9 mates doing the same that they can't play football because they never get picked.

About having to play the right classes, again sorry that's the way the game is designed. I'm sure we've all been in the magical group with 5 people and no healers at some point. What happens is you go out for one run, die to a group of 3 with a healer then 3 of you log. The game needs people to have at least in some forms the right classes.. there's lots of combinations that work, but without certain key abilities your just going to be wasting your time. People running about on tanks complaining that there's no healers they can group with need to stop and think about exactly why other people are going to play healers if they arn't prepared to.

It's also worth pointing out they are going to be runinng 2 days out of 7. It's hardly like they are locking themselves away from the community.. That's 5 days every week when you have a chance of grouping with some of them!

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
They arn't excluding people from playing in groups at all tho and that's where the argument falls apart. DAoC can only support 8 people in a group, if there's 9 people there, one of them is going to be "left out".

It's not upto people to ensure you have fun in this game.. it's up to you just like everything else in life! Maybe if people like your theoretical fat kid realised that standing in snowdonia spamming "level 50 arms LFG!" wasn't the best way of getting RvR groups then we'd be getting somewhere. What the thread starter is doing is giving 7 people other than him a chance to get a good group where they can have fun playing the game.

There's normally enough people standing around LFG to actually form one.. the reason this doesn't happen is because none of the people doing it can be bothered to organise it. If your going to put nothing into life expect to get nothing back out. It's not like your fat kid is standing beside the field not getting picked by the 9 people playing 5 a side footie. He's sitting inside eating a chocolate bar whining to his other 9 mates doing the same that they can't play football because they never get picked.

About having to play the right classes, again sorry that's the way the game is designed. I'm sure we've all been in the magical group with 5 people and no healers at some point. What happens is you go out for one run, die to a group of 3 with a healer then 3 of you log. The game needs people to have at least in some forms the right classes.. there's lots of combinations that work, but without certain key abilities your just going to be wasting your time. People running about on tanks complaining that there's no healers they can group with need to stop and think about exactly why other people are going to play healers if they arn't prepared to.

It's also worth pointing out they are going to be runinng 2 days out of 7. It's hardly like they are locking themselves away from the community.. That's 5 days every week when you have a chance of grouping with some of them!

psyco said:

did someone say something?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:
Stop recruiting! We've got our man it seems :D

Psyco said:

He has no more use of his thread.. it belongs to the spammers now!

Or you could just of been wrong and don't want to admit it. :fluffle:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
Did he have problems with you or your views? Not that I can see of and besides, just because you dont want people to comment stuff you have posted on forum doesn't mean they are not allowed to do it. Oh, and Swords is happy to get free bumbs :p
Golena said:
I'm fairly sure Sollers was joking :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:

Or you could just of been wrong and don't want to admit it. :fluffle:

fine...

Golena said:

why am i always that 9th person then?

if its up to me to enjoy the game, whys it a MMORPG? *mass multiplayer*

if im lucky i can find 1 person that says lfg, but 2 isn't a group

bs, there would only be 3 class's then, or even 2, or even 1

yes but i bet they wouldn't group anyone who said 'lfg'

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
In that case this is a tiny problem in a massive multiplayer game with hundreds of players - only two unhappy ungrouped players who wish to join a RvR group, I would call it a success.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
In that case this is a tiny problem in a massive multiplayer game with hundreds of players - only two unhappy ungrouped players who wish to join a RvR group, I would call it a success.

i doubt it, i think the reason why people quit is becuase they are bored, at release there was 10X the ammount of people playing, 90% of players left... now why? cause there bored, coz they cant be included in groups, and goa wouldn't have to gimp everything and cluster servers, its the community's fault that we only have 10% left

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
why am i always that 9th person then?

Because you play an un-needed class, you have lack of a template, you arn't looking correctly for a group. There's alot of reasons why you might not get groups.. People in our /as tend to invite other people in the alliance first, or ask in the alliance if people need a group.. It's what alliances were put into the game to do. People invite their mates before some random person spamming broadcast, expecting differently would be silly. If your in an alliance that doesn't make rvr groups, maybe it's time you looked at changing.

psyco said:
if its up to me to enjoy the game, whys it a MMORPG? *mass multiplayer*

Mass multiplayer doesn't mean.. there's going to be someone else about to do it all for you. If we all stood about just waiting for a group no-one would ever get grouped. Someone needs to actually actively form one, why should that person be someone other than you?

psyco said:

Maybe since there's plenty of groups running about that's telling you your not going the right way about it then?

psyco said:
bs, there would only be 3 class's then, or even 2, or even 1

This just makes no sense.. your trying to say you can make a group from any old classes and compete.. this might be why people don't group you..

psyco said:
yes but i bet they wouldn't group anyone who said 'lfg'

Probably not.. people that spam LFG are normally people that have walked out of PvE at RR1 in rogs and have no idea how to play their class. It's not certain that this is the case, but if you want someone who knows how to actually play the game, there's much better ways of finding group mates. If the fat kid wants to play football, he should really expect to have learnt at least the basic rules of the game.. put ball in opponents net.. The same with wanting to RvR, you can't expect to go out, pick the ball up and run about yelling "Look at me!!" and expect to keep your spot.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
i doubt it, i think the reason why people quit is becuase they are bored, at release there was 10X the ammount of people playing, 90% of players left... now why? cause there bored, coz they cant be included in groups, and goa wouldn't have to gimp everything and cluster servers, its the community's fault that we only have 10% left

I challenge you to point to any other game that's 4 years old that hasn't lost players..

under 10% of the people that used to play pong still play it.. what's your theory for that..

Hundreds of players left because they couldn't get groups.. am I the only one that's seeing a bit of an issue there.. 8 people, all unable to get a group left the game.. well sorry if I feel slightly less than sorry for them!
Would they like me to come round and press the buttons on the keyboard for them while they play as well?
Again YOU could of grouped them before they left.. lets shift the blame from the people that already had a group of 8 so couldn't invite more to the person who had 7 spaces in their group and didn't give them an invite if you want to play that game.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
Totally different issue so I wont bother to comment it.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Only reading all this cos I was bored, and seriously you two need to get a room.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Varna said:
Only reading all this cos I was bored, and seriously you two need to get a room.

Only writing it cos i'm bored and your not online to RP PL me :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom