Troy

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by Wij
And I should know all about cool. I'm Tailoring some starklaeder gloves. ON A SATURDAY NIGHT :cool:

Jesus christ, that had me in tears. :clap: :clap: :clap:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Summo
I hate 'gifv'. It makes me angry.

did you get angry when you typed it?

hot damn Wij you stud you, starklaeder gloves? :whip: *rwarr*

A

Aoami

Re: Re: Troy

What the fuck does this stand for? That and 'gifv'?

Also, Troy looks dire. Gladiator on boats. That shot of the infinite fleet stretched out to the horizon had me sneering. GET REAL, YOU FILM-MAKERS!

And be in a decent film, Brad Pitt. YOU'LL NEVER BETTER YOUR PERFORMANCE IN FIGHT CLUB AND YOU KNOW IT.

Why is Troy Gladiator on Boats? Troy is the story of Homer's Illiad, written many, many years before the story of Gladiator. Go learn some History kkthx.

A

Arnor

Re: Re: Troy

That shot of the infinite fleet stretched out to the horizon had me sneering. GET REAL, YOU FILM-MAKERS!

war in the old days wasnt like war here where you bomb someone to shit and then send in 5guys to clean up the rest.

I suggest you read the Illiad by Homer and come here and tell me how many ships he wrote they attacked with.

D

doh_boy

Re: Re: Re: Troy

Originally posted by Arnor
war in the old days wasnt like war here where you bomb someone to shit and then send in 5guys to clean up the rest.

I suggest you read the Illiad by Homer and come here and tell me how many ships he wrote they attacked with.

I'd read it if I didn't think it would be another case of 'Canturbury tales' where I buy a book without looking inside and get an awful shock when I get it home. 'What?! its all written like a poem in a language I barely understand!"

Seriously though, it is fairly normal english I just couldn't put up with it for more than three pages.

W

Wij

I've read it several times thx :)

I was planning to learn classical greek to read the original but never got further than buying the books :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom