Troy

C

Cdr

And for the people who dont speak DAoC care to post in English?

T

Tom

I saw a trailer at the cinema, the one with about 34 billion boats sailing to war. Looks like its gonna be good.

C

Ch3tan

That looks absolutly amazing.

Sean Bean pops up bloody everywhere, he really deserves to be a lead in one of these, he's got enough experience from Sharpe.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Arnor
Boy does this look exciting. I would absolutely love it if I was able to watch this now! Don't you think anne?

afstart.gif

L

leggy

Is this the Brad Pitt job?

If so it's directed by wolfgang "das boot" peterson and actually looks really quite good.

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Ch3tan
That looks absolutly amazing.

Sean Bean pops up bloody everywhere, he really deserves to be a lead in one of these, he's got enough experience from Sharpe.
You are mistaken! It's Colin Farrell who appears in every damn film released nowadays.

I think he's been in about 82% of all films I've seen this year. Possibly.

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by Durzel

I think he's been in about 82% of all films I've seen this year. Possibly.

And there's more to come. I'm sick to death of him tbh.

C

Ch3tan

This year is colin farrels year true, but don't count the Bean out yet!

D

doh_boy

That version of the famous five was sooo the best. :)

I remember I had one video....top top program. I remember the theme tune as well...

'We are the famous five <carry note for 3 secs>
Julian, dick and anne <sung fast then pause for half a second> George and Timmy the doh-hor-horg.'

Top stuff.

Anne always ran with her hands by her side, looked well strange. Kinda like Irish dancers but running. :/

Also the incidental music was top notch. Funny as hell most of the time.

S

Summo

Originally posted by Arnor
gif
What the fuck does this stand for? That and 'gifv'?

Also, Troy looks dire. Gladiator on boats. That shot of the infinite fleet stretched out to the horizon had me sneering. GET REAL, YOU FILM-MAKERS!

And be in a decent film, Brad Pitt. YOU'LL NEVER BETTER YOUR PERFORMANCE IN FIGHT CLUB AND YOU KNOW IT.

D

doh_boy

Pretty much give, maybe more enthusiastic than give. I translated the whole post for you summo (well you and cdr) even setting it in an episode of the old (and better) Famous Five tv program. What more do you want?

*crosses arms over chest*

S

Summo

But what does it stand for? Why 'gif'? And why 'gifv'? Answer my questions, dammit. Don't just make up your own questions! I demand answers! :eek:

L

Louster

I asked a guy ages ago about this, back when I was still playing DAoC. As far as I remember, it literally means nothing. It's just a misspelling that was somehow adopted as a gimmick. Hooray!

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Summo
But what does it stand for? Why 'gif'? And why 'gifv'? Answer my questions, dammit. Don't just make up your own questions! I demand answers! :eek:

:eek6:

They're slang, much akin to l33t speak. As I said 'gif' and 'gifv' mean give. They are usually used when the poster is excited or wants to give the impression that he/she is excited.

Which I've already said before ....twice :eek:

L

Louster

Yeah but l33t has a logic and reason to it, whereas "gifv" has... what? Did someone just randomly spew out a typo which everyone else copied?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Louster
Yeah but l33t has a logic and reason to it, whereas "gifv" has... what? Did someone just randomly spew out a typo which everyone else copied?

/enter zen-no-mind-mode

there is no understanding ze ubarspeek!

/enter normal-no-mind-mode

the way of the [gifv] goes deep

-para

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Louster

well the same as borked and pwned really isn't it.

W

Wij

I like gifv. It's cool :cool:

And I should know all about cool. I'm Tailoring some starklaeder gloves. ON A SATURDAY NIGHT :cool:

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Wij

And I should know all about cool. I'm Tailoring some starklaeder gloves. ON A SATURDAY NIGHT :cool:

Wow you certainly know how to have fun ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom