Troll Skald

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Ancient Seagul said:
I'm thinking of rolling a Troll Skald hammer (50 weapon / 43 spells / 2 parry). How does that spec sound ? I heard its not worth rolling a sword Skald, and that they are better than Thanes.

Any thoughts?

I have kobold skald spec. 44 hammer, 44 BS and 21 parry.
Im not satisfied. Imo I do to little dmg. Skalds aint a tank
anyway but a quite good caster-killer. Limits on mobs I can solo with my BB
is Chtonic knights in DF. Use up about 10-40% pwr on my BB on each knight, so
they are with some luck chain-able.
If I could I would change to troll or norse and remake my dex and qui focused
template to str and qui instead. Next template will be that way.

Good luck :)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Calo said:
lets delete all classes except healers,shaman,zerker,sm,runie,savage? and warrior ! As the rest is not part of the ultimate FOTM grp so its impossible to have fun with it, how fucking dumb are u!
If you are talking to Cracked, ok... if your ranting is aimed at me (how to know that from your post is beyond me :p) I suggest you read my post again - and DL some irony sensors ;)

Calo

Part of the furniture
Klonk said:
If you are talking to Cracked, ok... if your ranting is aimed at me (how to know that from your post is beyond me :p) I suggest you read my post again - and DL some irony sensors ;)

it was about cracked ofc lol :)

Horsma

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
omg don't tell them horsma :(
I don't want our daily rpcows to leave the frontiers with a trauma :(
Ehm.. well after some thinking i have changed my toughts, do like BC and use skalds in rvr grps. At the end, it doesnt matter if grp setup arent perfect if you are having good time. :m00:

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Ancient Seagul said:
OK sounds like ppl are advising to roll Troll Thane

Doesn't sword do less damage than hammer ?

Please do not roll a Troll Thane..

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Horsma said:
Ehm.. well after some thinking i have changed my toughts, do like BC and use skalds in rvr grps. At the end, it doesnt matter if grp setup arent perfect if you are having good time. :m00:

A bit funny to hear from someone who have spend some 1000s of hours playing this game that there is a "perfect setup", apparantly with no room for experimentation or individual adjustments either! One should think after so many hours in-game that you would at least have gained the knowledge that several, yes several, group setups can actually do well (read: beat most enemy groups).

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
Please do not roll a Troll Thane..

Given I'm more likely to do more solo than RVR, I'm looking at hammer Troll Skald. The only thing is whether to go 50 in hammer or not and sacrifice parry to bs

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Nul said:
I have kobold skald spec. 44 hammer, 44 BS and 21 parry.
Im not satisfied. Imo I do to little dmg.
1. Kobold
2. 21 parry

Just two small things to fix and you'll do ok.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Ancient Seagul said:
Given I'm more likely to do more solo than RVR, I'm looking at hammer Troll Skald. The only thing is whether to go 50 in hammer or not and sacrifice parry to bs
Zoia said:
There's no point taking hammer to 50. The lv 50 style is 2nd in a parrychain and with 50 weapon, you'll get like 2 parry.
The difference between 49 and 50 in weapon is 6ish WS and that's not worth losing the lv 44 DD for.
If you're going hammer as a skald do _not_ take it to 50.
You'll get a style you'll never use and lose a lv 44 DD.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
If your gonna solo then you'll like the 20% body chant too at 44BS.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
That's another good point. Even got that on my main quickbar. ;)

Horsma

Fledgling Freddie
One should think after so many hours in-game that you would at least have gained the knowledge that several, yes several, group setups can actually do well (read: beat most enemy groups).
Its all about what you want. Do you play just for fun and dont care if you win or lose, or if you want to maximize your chance to win every match / fight. If my and my grps odds are higher when skald is replaced with another char, its not your business to say anything for it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom