Troll Skald

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
I'm thinking of rolling a Troll Skald hammer (50 weapon / 43 spells / 2 parry). How does that spec sound ? I heard its not worth rolling a sword Skald, and that they are better than Thanes.

Any thoughts?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Just a guess, but Trolls are probably the best race for Skalds seeing as the majority of them go 2h and no class gets high starting charisma.

Of course, don't take my word for it. I've only played a skald up to lvl24 and delted it to make a hunter, so i've got no sense at all :D

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Troll anything is the win, high ws and a decent amount of hp.

Only problem with them is size, hence I am a kobold, now in the age of morphs maybe I'd respec my warriors race if it was possible tho :p

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
My skald is a craftbot, if i where you i would make a Thane in preparation for NF instead.

If u are going for a skald anyways, dont spec 50 weapon unless it's sword imo. Go for 47(i think) weapon and 46BS instead. The lvl 50 style for Sword is however a very good 1.

Plz tell me whoever uses a skald for a FOTM grp setup these days. :(

Herjulf

Banned
Imo Troll skald or d0rf.

Troll skald lotsa +str on creation together with con.

I wouldnt worry to much about +charisma, it wont be the damage from the DD´s u are after. It "may" affect resistrate of mezz, snare, dd´s. other then that and powerpool i wouldnt worry much about +cha.

And if you roll troll skald full weapon rest Battlesongs is best, norseman, kobold and maybe even d0rf 43weapon 46bs 17parry is a very good spec.
You will parry quite decently in RvR nowdays.

if i had my pick upon creation i would have made a BIG troll Female Troll named Ljuva Tuttar.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Charisma doesn't affect anything apart from the powerpool and the dmg of your dds.

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
OK sounds like ppl are advising to roll Troll Thane

Doesn't sword do less damage than hammer ?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ancient Seagul said:
Doesn't sword do less damage than hammer ?
If both weapons have same speed, same dps, con and quality, versus a cloth target and both weapon use a weaponstyle with same growth rate or unstyled swing... no.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Summoner said:
imo ask guys from the top (http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/classrank.php?server=Excalibur&realm=&order=lastweek&class=Skald) in game and not those "who think they know how to spec/play skald"
Even though i'm not on that list, i'll say a couple of things anyway. :p

There's no point taking hammer to 50. The lv 50 style is 2nd in a parrychain and with 50 weapon, you'll get like 2 parry.
The difference between 49 and 50 in weapon is 6ish WS and that's not worth losing the lv 44 DD for.
As someone said, 47hammer, 46BS, 5parry is a good spec.
If you play in groups only, 49hammer, 44BS is also good, since you'll never play damage add anyway.

If you want to take weapon to 50, sword would be the best choice for Ragnarok, the lv 50 style.
Slash is perhaps a better damage type as well, but you don't have to take hammer to 50 to get a back positional.
You also get a nice snare in hammer side/back positional.
Good thing about Ragnarok is that it's decent damage and only 1 style, no chain.

Yes, troll is the best race, but i'm happy with my norse. ;)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
Plz tell me whoever uses a skald for a FOTM grp setup these days. :(

Not everyone runs FoTM, and there is somthing to be said for Mach6 in guild groups :D

Calo

Part of the furniture
well zoia is quite right about it..

imo hammer 46 bs 46 rest parry looks really nice

but i think that if u wanna go solo alot with ur skald, go hammer..
if u wanna grp alot i think sword is the best.. Ragn is really a hard hit :)

and yes perhaps troll is better for the str but i like my strong norseman !

and tbh... theres nothing as fun as a skald ;)

Horsma

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
if u wanna grp alot i think sword is the best.. Ragn is really a hard hit :)
How hard its to understand that theres no place for a skald in "FOTM" grp setup?

Aussie

Banned
omg don't tell them horsma :(
I don't want our daily rpcows to leave the frontiers with a trauma :(

Kpax

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
omg don't tell them horsma :(
I don't want our daily rpcows to leave the frontiers with a trauma :(
Dont know about traumas (you know about this better than me i think), but I leave FH everytime with a good laugh :D

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
healur or rm?

sucks though, if it was me leading a group as pac healer, i'd refuse to go without skald speed tbh. but maybe that's just me :|

Calo

Part of the furniture
Horsma said:
How hard its to understand that theres no place for a skald in "FOTM" grp setup?

who said something in running fotm grps?

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Just seems weird since skald used to be a must in groups for speed..

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
hammer skald go 44 weapon then imo and 46 bs rest parry, 50 weapon is only worth if u go axe or sword

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Horsma said:

maybe cuz there _is_ place for a skald
and in nf skald gets shitloads of fluffy group stuff
will be even better

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
old.anubis said:
maybe cuz there _is_ place for a skald
and in nf skald gets shitloads of fluffy group stuff
will be even better

hmm, maybe in NF.. Now they are not worth haveing in a FOTM grp.. In NF u get the insta port-a-zerg so not so sure about then either.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup, just look at Sett's rps for the last 3 months...

and in NF there will be _no_ running whatsoever, and thus no chance of getting rear busted if you run w/o skald... :rolleyes:

Calo

Part of the furniture
lets delete all classes except healers,shaman,zerker,sm,runie,savage? and warrior ! As the rest is not part of the ultimate FOTM grp so its impossible to have fun with it, how fucking dumb are u!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom