Triple display extended desktop

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I would like to have three monitors running on my friends PC using extended desktop as opposed to a cloned display.

I believe the PC has hdmi, dvi and VGA, but get the feeling all 3 won't work together?

Does anyone know the best way to achieve this? I assume a graphics card will need to be used?

Thanks!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Some computers clone the Digital outputs so you can have 1 off the VGA and one off the DVI but if you connect the HDMI it might just mirror the DVI. I have 3 screens at work 2 off a Graphics card and one off the built in VGA.

I do not know if this is a hard and fast rule but I tried an nVidia card first which killed my built in card dead. And ATI card left my onbard ATI card working fine. I don't think you can have both active?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ah my friend had another pc with two graphics cards so we were able to hookup 4 monitors via 2x vga and 2x hdmi (the monitors are actually TV's and did not have DVI). All's working well so we are going to get a graphics card for the other PC

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I have done this in the past with an ATI card. It has DVI, VGA and Displayport outputs and using a displayport to VGA or DVI converter was able to hook up 3 monitors with no issue.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If you run 3 or more monitors, don't you have to buy a converter thing that are like £100 theirselves?

Lethul

FH is my second home
At our work all laptops with AMD grapics card can handle 3 monitors, NVIDIA only 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom