Games Trion - Defiance

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So played this a little, not bad. Quite like the vehicle but it all seems too familiar. Rift with guns basically. Not tried the open world PvP yet but the PvE stuff is pretty much as Rift was, look at the map see where the Arcfall (rift) is forming and kick arse. Quests are decent so far. Will be interesting to see how the TV series fares, it is supposed to affect the story in game.

Modding of the weapons is decent but takes too long to get the resources to upgrade with your level (ego). Tailored to make you buy tokens with real money.

Aada

Part of the furniture
If you visit the forums all i see is thread after thread about bug x and bug y, was enough to save myself £35.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Only had one lock up myself. Biggest problem is that they down the server without notice.

Poag

m00?
Picked this up, playing as Poag...ofc

Seems a bit different to the beta. In the beta i had weapons and ammo coming out of my ears, they seem to have toned it down now, for better or worse i'm not sure yet.

Poag

m00?
As i've had a few questions about the game, i'm putting a couple of videos together showing off some of the episode content along with PvP and Shadow war. The episode content video is uploading atm. I'll make it available here once its done!

New episode content comes with each episode as its aired on tv. The story in the game ties in with the tv to a lesser or greater extent (unknown atm).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks pretty good from that, how are you finding it?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've heard nothing but bad things, but to be honest after the abortion that was rift did anyone expect anything else?
I dunno why mmo developers insist on releasing games 6-12 months early and being surprised when 50% of people quit after the free month is up.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Cheers Poag, appreciate your reply on steam but this is even better :)

Poag

m00?
:)

Some more videos uploading atm. Mostly PvE stuff, challenges n stuff.

I'll try and get a PvP vid done today or tomorrow depending on available time!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's an interesting concept for sure, if they pull it off to any modecum of success it might be a new format of ye old "live action wing commander" :p

Something different for sure.

Poag

m00?
Got a large Arkfall event and Part two of the episode 1 content uploading atm...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Keep hovering over the buy button! Trying to limit myself to 1 full price game a month at the moment and only just bought Bioshock 3!

Though I think I might just go ahead and buy this tonight, the show starts soon doesn't it? Would rather play it as it is intended as the concept interests me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Boom, bought. Now to download on my clunky internet.

Tilda

Are there different classes? mages/healer type stuff?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
bought it
got through the entrace bit ... not much more atm

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Is there just the one server?

Just started playing, got a house viewing at 10 but after that I will be on all day I think!

Astaa - survivalist

Poag

m00?
Hmm donno what happened with that embed....did it from my phone and i guess it didn't like it....

Aada

Part of the furniture
Really nice vids, think i will get this soon.

Vae

Resident Freddy
What's the general impression so far? Does it look like it has a longer term future or does it feel like a play for 1 month then give up?

I saw very little marketing of this until about 2 weeks before launch. I heard about it before Xmas from some old colleagues who have a business connection with the UK subsidiary of Trion and, at that point, there was no mention of it on here and very little anywhere. I was having to educate them about the genre and how the finances work in it and I said that it wasn't a good sign that an established gamer community like this hadn't heard of it 4 months before release. Normally I would have expected a drip feed of info, press releases, Beta etc to drum up interest.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I quite like it at the moment, whether it has any long term future I don't know.

It doesn't feel like an MMO, there is no general chat, in fact I don't think I have seen anyone speak at all.

The combat is pretty decent but the enemies aren't really varied.

If I get 50-100 hours out of it I will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom