Trials of Atlantis news.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
have my 2 copies at home since yesterday. Counting the hours before I can go home from work and start playing :D

And thanks for all the info Kemor :worthy:

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
Excalibur (as well as one French & one German server) will be open to everyone in a couple minutes. We will check how things are going and see if there are any problems. If none, other servers will follow soon after.

So far so good :)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
I have already bunkered up with 3 party bags of potatoe chips and a 24pack of coca cola cans.
Bah! Should be 24pack of 2L bottles m8! Then we're talking! :D
And Cheese-doodles ofc! ;)

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm gettin I/O errors when installing both copies I have ... on 3 different systems ... anyone else gets these or have any tips on what to do ? Ops A bit Off-Topic I know but appreciate all help I can get.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zlugugg Benvis said:
Hmmm gettin I/O errors when installing both copies I have ... on 3 different systems ... anyone else gets these or have any tips on what to do ? Ops A bit Off-Topic I know but appreciate all help I can get.

might wanna start a new thread :)

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
Everything seems fine after checking Excalibur, Prydwen is next now, coming up very soon!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent work on the patching and keeping people informed, nice to be back online by 11am :clap:

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
All servers are now up & running and no major bugs have been reported so far for the english servers.

The ToA activation process is going very nicely but the new account registration and my account pages are still slow and will most likely remain hard to access for a bit.
Rightnow has also been de-activated for now but will come back as soon as possible. If you have an in-game problem, do not report it to subscription@goa.com, it will be ignored since this email is ONLY for account problems.

Various small problems have been reported so far, here is a short list:
- Special symbols (such as the ones used when using Danish, Swedish or similar keyboards) are not correctly displayed. This is our priority for now and we are working on it.
- Various little display problems have been reported for the Shrouded Isles client. This will be fixed as soon as possible.

Plea

Fledgling Freddie
Know if the New Registration pages are down for maintainance or just VERY slow ?

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Plea said:
Know if the New Registration pages are down for maintainance or just VERY slow ?

Just registered my two keys, took a grand total of 5 mins to get confirmation...

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Kemor said:
The ToA activation process is going very nicely but the new account registration and my account pages are still slow and will most likely remain hard to access for a bit.

Its a small point, but since few if any in the uk and some other places have the boxed TOA available for registration I should hope the activation is going smoothly :)

Saturday->Monday/Tuesday will be the real test.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tay said:
Its a small point, but since few if any in the uk and some other places have the boxed TOA available for registration I should hope the activation is going smoothly :)

Saturday->Monday/Tuesday will be the real test.

I imagine it's a shared system with the german and french versions - and the germans at least got theirs today, can only assume the same in france,

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Do you need a full install with daoc, si and toa. Or can you just do a toa install?

mothface

Fledgling Freddie
I belive toa needs a full install of daoc and si in order to work.

Franya

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I imagine it's a shared system with the german and french versions - and the germans at least got theirs today, can only assume the same in france,
mmmh i got my copies yesterday ... :clap: waiting to get home and register :m00:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
mothface said:
I belive toa needs a full install of daoc and si in order to work.
SI works without Classic beeing installed. Can't belive anything else for ToA tbh.

Zargar

Fledgling Freddie
Kemor said:
Various small problems have been reported so far, here is a short list:
- Special symbols (such as the ones used when using Danish, Swedish or similar keyboards) are not correctly displayed. This is our priority for now and we are working on it.
- Various little display problems have been reported for the Shrouded Isles client. This will be fixed as soon as possible.

An update on this:

We have found the cause for the language specific characters run wild, and we will hopefully have a fix up on the patcher tomorrow or Friday.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
This is going to be a first from me:

Nice work GOA!

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
so if its all running smoothly why the hell cant i actually renew my account, all i get is the crap about it being temporarily busy...which is rubbish! whats going on when will i be able to Renew my subscriptions? ive been trying since 8am this morning..and its now 16:30 GMT!!

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
so if its all running smoothly why the hell cant i actually renew my account, all i get is the crap about it being temporarily busy...which is rubbish! whats going on when will i be able to Renew my subscriptions? ive been trying since 8am this morning..and its now 16:30 GMT!!
well, if you wait until a patch day to renew your subs you can only blame yourself tbh :touch:

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Has been said that renewal servers are still a bit on the slow side. Priority is and should be registering ToA. SO i have to agree with Chrystina and say that you only have yourself to blame :fluffle:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Kemor said:
Meta CD Key for Trials of Atlantis and add-on activation
Some of you already bought the special pack (Dark Age of Camelot + Shrouded Isles + Trials of Atlantis, normal bundle or collector) and in these boxes you will find only one CD Key and not three. This CD Key is in fact a Meta CD Key (all in one). You can of course use this CD Key to activate Trials of Atlantis but you can also use it to register a new account and activate Shrouded Isles.
Basically, you can use this CD Key 3 times, once for Dark Age of Camelot Classic, once for Shrouded Isles and once for Trials of Atlantis.

I'm a little confused about this, atm i'm thinking of buying the 'Special Pack' with the idea of using the TOA CD/CDkey to activate TOA with my main account and then using the classic/SI CD/CDkey to setup a buffbot (Hey, if its only a fiver extra. Why not?)

Would that be doable? Or is this Meta-CDkey thingie for all three copies (there-by leaving me with a TOA activated buffbot and a non-TOA main account)

Ta in Advance and all that

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Original post sais that you are able to use this cd-key 3 times. Once for each add-on + original game. SO that would lead me to believe you can activate ToA on one acc and register a new one aswell.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
Do you need a full install with daoc, si and toa. Or can you just do a toa install?

You only need a ToA install. I've already deleted my previous installs and it all works fine (just like with SI you only needed the SI install and not Classic+SI).

Xone

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or is GoA's reply to that your ToA cd-key is registrated, extremly slow or what. I got a msg that i should get a reply in 5min to 60min right now i have waited for 2h and 30min and still no reply. And yes i checked my email adress so its the one i reg at start.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
fang said:
Has been said that renewal servers are still a bit on the slow side. Priority is and should be registering ToA. SO i have to agree with Chrystina and say that you only have yourself to blame :fluffle:

are you fucking stupid? or do you have to work hard at being so? how the fuck is it my fault that my renewel day happens to fall on an expansion release?

Priority shouldnt be TOA it should be the paying customers being able to PAY for their accounts...ffs it isnt even release day for TOA thats the 27th

fang

Fledgling Freddie
No .. the official release is and has always been the 25th. 27th is just because of some laws or something in UK.
You decide which would be a better business decision:
1) Pay more attention around 10000 people who wish to activate ToA.
2) Pay more attention to a few odd numbers (possibly a few hundred even .. who knows ...) people who wish to activate their account.

They do not have the technology to do both very effectivly.
If it was me on the spot there, i'd do exactly what they did. A few people such as yourself complaining on the forums about not being able to pay their subs (WHY in the world would you come here to tell us that anyways? I don't see a huge "we care" sign here) then a few thousand mailbombing me because their long waited add-on can't be activated. That happened with SI and i am really happy that they learned from their mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom