Trials of Atlantis news.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
fang said:
No .. the official release is and has always been the 25th. 27th is just because of some laws or something in UK.
You decide which would be a better business decision:
1) Pay more attention around 10000 people who wish to activate ToA.
2) Pay more attention to a few odd numbers (possibly a few hundred even .. who knows ...) people who wish to activate their account.

They do not have the technology to do both very effectivly.
If it was me on the spot there, i'd do exactly what they did. A few people such as yourself complaining on the forums about not being able to pay their subs (WHY in the world would you come here to tell us that anyways? I don't see a huge "we care" sign here) then a few thousand mailbombing me because their long waited add-on can't be activated. That happened with SI and i am really happy that they learned from their mistakes.

youve totally missed the boat... GOA are posting here saying everything is running fine...well no it fucking aint...and i can assure its more than a few hundred who cannot access their accounts to PAY them money.. and your point about pare more attention to 10000 people activating an addon that brings them no monthly revenue is very nieve.. 1000 paying customers who cannot PAY money > 10,000 addons who are already paying.. i can assure you that loss of 1,000 customers not paying will show in their bank account.

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Hypothetically .. 10000 pissed off pps quitting >>>> 1000 pps not being able to pay.

And the sub pages are still working. Just not for you.

Posts from GOA came from early this morning ... people are coming home and trying to activate. Ofc the servers are getting slower. You should also rewad the part about they doing everything they can to help this matter.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
fang said:
Hypothetically .. 10000 pissed off pps quitting >>>> 1000 pps not being able to pay.

And the sub pages are still working. Just not for you.

Posts from GOA came from early this morning ... people are coming home and trying to activate. Ofc the servers are getting slower. You should also rewad the part about they doing everything they can to help this matter.

i can assure you the subs pages have NOT worked at any stage today since 8am this morning till 7pm now, i should know ive been trying every 5 mins all day!! all it would take is a post or something to say yes the ACCOUNT section is not working..but no all they post is that everything is hunky dory. ffs even stupid keyboard errors got a mention in the news, but nothing on the subs pages... its pissing me off that this is a complete re-run of what happened to me during Shrouded Isles, again i got the same fob offs from support that im getting now, i mean ffs i sent them an email and they sent me NEW subs passwords ffs!! : :wij: ive played this game far to long to quit over this but it would be nice for some official to actually say (nothing to do with activating TOA) that the account /subs pages arent working then i could go to sleep and know theres something being done about it, all im hearing is that TOA is working fine and thats it, no mention of anything else.
again lack of information about a vital service is GOA's falling down point. will they ever learn?

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Can´t log in in game, no Toa here yet, just patched an all day having this message

"Loging server is not responding.Please wait a few minutes and try again".

Checked irc and only found 2 guys with this problem, are loging servers too busy?, some bug?, plz some help would be nice.

Thx in advance.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Getting zone crashes....2nd time DF gone down in 30 mins on Excal

Franya

Loyal Freddie
Cyviel said:
i can assure you the subs pages have NOT worked at any stage today since 8am this morning till 7pm now, i should know ive been trying every 5 mins all day!!
Well i have registered ToA without any delay ... email came within 2 minutes
And seeing how many already are in Atlantis it's not only me.

L35tat

Fledgling Freddie
Those that are having problems with reaching the subscription pages on the site, did you check so that the browser accepts cookies from the site? I tried for a few hours but always got the message "not available at the moment" or similar. When I by chance happened to open the cookie setting and explicitly allow cookies to be set from the web page (had some default setting or something) I got right in and could reactivate my account.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Franya said:
Well i have registered ToA without any delay ... email came within 2 minutes
And seeing how many already are in Atlantis it's not only me.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ITS NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH REGISTERING TOA!!!!!!

its to do with PAYING for my account to be renewed!!

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ITS NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH REGISTERING TOA!!!!!!

its to do with PAYING for my account to be renewed!!
Same would go for you tbh... :rolleyes:
It has been posted that the subpages will be slower and not as prioritized, so the ToA activation can be smoother!
Cheese? No? Well you're not getting any anyways! :p

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
i can assure you the subs pages have NOT worked at any stage today since 8am this morning till 7pm now, i should know ive been trying every 5 mins all day!! all it would take is a post or something to say yes the ACCOUNT section is not working..but no all they post is that everything is hunky dory. ffs even stupid keyboard errors got a mention in the news, but nothing on the subs pages... its pissing me off that this is a complete re-run of what happened to me during Shrouded Isles, again i got the same fob offs from support that im getting now, i mean ffs i sent them an email and they sent me NEW subs passwords ffs!! : :wij: ive played this game far to long to quit over this but it would be nice for some official to actually say (nothing to do with activating TOA) that the account /subs pages arent working then i could go to sleep and know theres something being done about it, all im hearing is that TOA is working fine and thats it, no mention of anything else.
again lack of information about a vital service is GOA's falling down point. will they ever learn?

The subs pages worked yesterday as stated by GOA.
Dunno what you're doing wrong but it must be something, when SI was released it was hard to reach the sub pages, but it was easily accessable if you went through a good proxy.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Tried the sub pages out. Logged in and out like 10 times during 30min... Not a single problem

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
This is a copy of the news we posted yesterday evening on www.camelot-europe.com

--------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone!

All the European servers are now in version 1.67 & Trials of Atlantis is also live. We started the patching procedure this morning around 6am GMT and overall it went good, the servers being available again early this afternoon. The Trials of Atlantis CD Key activation is going smooth as well due to the new registration system.
Various information regarding Trials of Atlantis and the patch 1.67

Trials of Atlantis activation

We remind you that there is a delay (ranging from 10 seconds to a couple hours) between you giving us the information via the ToA activation interface and the moment when you will receive the mail confirming that your account was EFFECTIVELY activated for ToA. If your current email address (the one we have in your account information) is not correct, we will of course not be able to send you this confirmation email.

Creation renderer failed

If you have this error message when launching the game, it indicates that you have a graphic card problem. Trials of Atlantis requires Directx 9.0b in order to launch properly (you can download directly from here:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx ). Also, do not forget to update your graphic card drivers.

Special symbols problems

There's a bug with the language specific characters on the UK servers. We have found the bug and there should be a fix on the patch server some time during tomorrow.

Guild emblem problem

It is currently impossible for a guild to choose a new emblem (or to replace an existing one).

New changes

Today, we ran some read files (patched directly on the server while it's running).
- The ToA specific quests that we deactivated in 1.65 are once again operational.
- The realm ability Majestic Will has been changed today and is now in the same condition as it is on the US servers of Mythic. The bonus given by the realm ability were far above what they should have been. Mythic therefore decided to fix this bug yesterday and we followed this decision since it was already affecting the European servers. The Realm ability Majestic Will is also now on a 10 minutes timer. Other changes will be done in a few days regarding this realm ability

Official website

The current official website is a lighter version especially used for the release of Trials of Atlantis. Once most of our clients will have their ToA add-on activated, we will go back to our regular website architecture.

Some hints

In order to travel safely underwater, you will need water breathing potions. These can be crafted by alchemists or bought (for gold or bounty points). To dive down, you simply need to press the "down" key (which can vary depending on your keyboard configuration) and to swim up, the "up" key. You can check the keys while ingame using the command /keyboard.

To climb aboard a boat you just need to double click on it or target it and press your "get" key.

To use personal boats, you first need to buy a boat, then recruit some friends to act as sailors (2 people needed to sail a small one, 8 for a big one). You can climb on the boats using the command /vboard and then invite other players by using the command /vinvite. To move around, simply click on a point on the horizon.

That will be it for today, good evening and enjoy the new challenges !

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Kemor said:
Official website

The current official website is a lighter version especially used for the release of Trials of Atlantis. Once most of our clients will have their ToA add-on activated, we will go back to our regular website architecture.

Do you have to? This one is much, much nicer! :)

Nyssa

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, GOA is doing a hell of a good job on this expansion. Those complaining, errh, actually, the one complaining should learn some patience in my opinion. And if you really have been trying every 5 minutes for the last few hours (which I really really doubt <cough>over{re}acting</cough>) then... oh my god! get a life, do some charity for a day or two or something!

Life doesn't stop when daoc does.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Nyssa said:
To be honest, GOA is doing a hell of a good job on this expansion. Those complaining, errh, actually, the one complaining should learn some patience in my opinion. And if you really have been trying every 5 minutes for the last few hours (which I really really doubt <cough>over{re}acting</cough>) then... oh my god! get a life, do some charity for a day or two or something!

:clap: Well said! I'd go as far as to say this is one of the wisest post on FH and BW combined! :clap:

Franya

Loyal Freddie
Patch Notes

What i am missing a bit are the patch notes to the 1.66 and 1.67 patches comming with ToA (The GOA Versions). I saw them in the small window during log on but want them to read/browse while i play. Can someone point me in the correct direction to them please? On the US-Sites i only find them in parts 1.66a through 1.66h which in parts contradict themselfs...

TiA

Tiwaz

Regular Freddie
Franya said:
What i am missing a bit are the patch notes to the 1.66 and 1.67 patches comming with ToA (The GOA Versions). I saw them in the small window during log on but want them to read/browse while i play. Can someone point me in the correct direction to them please? On the US-Sites i only find them in parts 1.66a through 1.66h which in parts contradict themselfs...

TiA

You can find them in the US knowledgebase.

1.66 can be found here: link

1.67 can be found here: another link

Permafrost

Fledgling Freddie

Pointless truisms like the above quote does not negate the fact that this is bad customer service.

I managed to register my newly bought full version of DAoC after a while, effectively starting my month included with the purchase. But I still cannot play since the game refuses to let me register my expansions - when I press the "Activate Expansion" button, a webpage with an error message appears. When I press the "Tech support" button, a blank page appears. So here I am waiting to play while my included game time ticks away.

True, my life does not stop when I can not play DAoC. On the contrary, I might decide to spend my time elsewhere instead. I have plenty of things to do. It just irks me a bit that the game allowed me to register (ie begin paying) but not to play. Honestly, I expected a bit more.

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Like yesterday i can´t log in game cause "Loging server is not responding",Right Now service is not working and nothing in the news that GOA released yesterday.

So i assume that since only few customers are getting this Loging problem Goa doesn´t care too much, at least to give an answer here and say that they are working on it or something.

Cba to spend all the day trying to log in, think will play Call of Duty and hope that Goa fix it, which prolly can take long....

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone that got problems renewing the accout.. try this:

Go in to camelot-europe.com.

Then go in to internet security in IE put the security level to low and push OK.. click on Account on camelot-europe.com

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Urme the Legend said:

Then go in to internet security in IE put the security level to low and push OK.. click on Account on camelot-europe.com

Whats IE?

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Its pretty sad when you go into a branch of GAME (Burton) and there is no Daoc on the shelves of any kind, the assistants have never heard of it, its not on their computer and its not in their release list folder. To them it basically doesn't exist.

Nothing changed since the SI fiasco then Kemor? :twak:

Oh and grats on choosing an 'official' uk supplier who wont even be DESPATCHING the damn game til 29th.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Eheh

Urme the Legend said:

Aye this is a workaround as long as u put back to high next to that, OR u can simply add http://*.camelot-europe.com to your Trusted Sites list (better).
If u don't have that function u don't have Ie 6 sp1 SO download it asap (and the relative security patches).
Cheer

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
none of these so called work arounds actually work, it isnt a problem with your Browser settings its a problem with the CRAP GOA server.

L35tat

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
none of these so called work arounds actually work, it isnt a problem with your Browser settings its a problem with the CRAP GOA server.

I suspect that it's a combination actually. Yes, the registration pages are overloaded, but if you don't fix that security thingy you might never get through. I fiddled around with the browser wednesday evening and set it to accept cookies from Goa. Where I got the message that it was down just seconds before I got through. Now seeing someone else posting a similar way to get through I don't think it's a coincidence. Still it might not work until the load on the servers is lower.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Bought ToA the 25th at 14:00 ... 7 copies £140 .. sweet :p

had 7 artifacts
done the Oceanus Armour Quests (all 5 parts)
and ML1.2-1.5

darn good timing for small vication and GF going away :cheers:

Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
Bought ToA the 25th at 14:00 ... 7 copies £140 .. sweet :p

had 7 artifacts
done the Oceanus Armour Quests (all 5 parts)
and ML1.2-1.5

darn good timing for small vication and GF going away :cheers:

greedy h0!!!, no copys anywere atm because of people like u :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom