Trials of Atlantis news.

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
This is a copy of the news posted here: http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1831

Since we will have a very light version of the website tomorrow, I'm putting it on sticky here so that you can still read it.

-----------------------------------------------------​
With less than 24 hours to go before the release of Trials of Atlantis in Europe, imagine a bee hive buzzing of activities and you will have a little idea of the current state here in the office.

But let's see the schedule for tomorrow.

All servers will be shut down around 6am GMT (7am CET) tomorrow morning. The patch servers will be activated with Trials of Atlantis a little later during the morning and all servers should be up and running with the patch 1.67 by the end of the afternoon.
The patch for Classic clients will be of 18Mb. For Shrouded Isles clients, it will be around 27Mb and for Atlantis clients, it shouldn't go above 10Mb.

As announced last Friday, the homepage of the official website will be replaced by a "lighter" version for the release day. On this new page, you will find the traditional patch day news and direct links to the three pages needed for the day :

- The registration/activation page for Trials of Atlantis
- The registration page
- The "account" page

The other parts of the official website, the ones less needed for such a day, will not be available as we want to put all the available resources on what is really needed for the release day of Trials of Atlantis.

The activation page for Trials of Atlantis is a brand new page in flash (you will need Flash 7 and a compatible browser in order to use it) and will use a totally different system than the one used for the release of Shrouded Isle last year. This new page was designed so that everyone can register faster and more easily.

Meta CD Key for Trials of Atlantis and add-on activation
Some of you already bought the special pack (Dark Age of Camelot + Shrouded Isles + Trials of Atlantis, normal bundle or collector) and in these boxes you will find only one CD Key and not three. This CD Key is in fact a Meta CD Key (all in one). You can of course use this CD Key to activate Trials of Atlantis but you can also use it to register a new account and activate Shrouded Isles.
Basically, you can use this CD Key 3 times, once for Dark Age of Camelot Classic, once for Shrouded Isles and once for Trials of Atlantis.

Now, let's see how the Trials of Atlantis add-on activation will go.
On the new light page of the official website, you will find the following links :

- Activate Trials of Atlantis
- Register
- My account

If you already have an active Dark Age of Camelot account with Shrouded Isles activated, you will need to click on "Activate Trials of Atlantis".
If you have an active account without Shrouded Isles and want to register Trials of Atlantis add-on, you will need to have Shrouded Isles add-on activated or it will not work. To activate your Shrouded Isles add-on, go to "My account" and register the add-on Shrouded Isles.
If you do not have a Dark Age of Camelot account and wish to do a complete registration (Dark Age account + Shrouded Isles + Trials of Atlantis), simply click on "Register" and use the META CD Key in each fields when asked during the registration process.
If you have a classic or Shrouded Isles Dark Age of Camelot account, but not an active on and if you wish to re-activate it, you will need to use the "My account" link.

Note : Permanently suspended accounts cannot be re-activated, only the ones closed by yourself.

Important Notice :Once the Trials of Atlantis activation is completed, you will automatically receive a confirmation email, make sure that your account information is up to date and that the email address we have is the right one !
You will receive this confirmation email only if the Trials of Atlantis activation has been validated, if not, you will receive an email indicating that some of the information you provided was incorrect.

Finally, know that there can be a delay (ranging from a couple minutes to more than an hour) between the registration on the official website and the confirmation email, depending on server load.

Trials of Atlantis and the coming changes, 1.68 and beyond
Dark Age of Camelot is a MMORPG and is in constant evolution. A new patch (1.68) has been released recently on the American servers by Mythic and this patch introduced a lot of important changes for many of the Trials of Atlantis features. These changes were of course needed for the game and will be applied in a near future to the European servers as well.
We strongly urge you to read these patch notes and to see the nature of the changes already now, to prevent any disappointment once we bring this patch live in Europe.
-----------------------------------------------------​
Patch day tomorrow folks :)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
first reply :D

kemor anything to say about how amazon wont be releasing the game till friday in the uk?

last year si was delivered by amazon for wednesday

:(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
And please phone/write the swedish distributors (and CDON etc as you claim this is a partner of yours) and tell them to realease the game to us tomorrow. For some odd reason they have gotten into their heads that the euro release day is the 27th :(

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
will GAME stores release it on 25th to ? they let me buy SI 2days before release and i was very ahppy :D

Riddler

Fledgling Freddie
will ppl who ordered from CDON.com have it by friday? if thats the case i haev no probs with it :p

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
order too from cdon and notice they changed day from 25 to 27.
well, have more time to my hobby whit alc craft.

Bibop

Fledgling Freddie
I went to GAME in sweden yesterday and they already had gotten the game so I asked them to put it aside for today

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
And please phone/write the swedish distributors (and CDON etc as you claim this is a partner of yours) and tell them to realease the game to us tomorrow. For some odd reason they have gotten into their heads that the euro release day is the 27th :(
What Fana said! Went to 5 different gamestores in Malmö after work yesterday and made all five of them phone up their distributers after showing them on the GOA-webbie that the official release is infact as of today. But them silly buggers of feckers for distributers all said they moved it to 27th... :( No reason given either as of why.... :eek7:

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
Good morning everyone,

So far the planning for the server update is going good, we have however a little delay on the website for the activation of Trials of Atlantis. I will keep you informed as soon as I get more information.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Kemor said:
Good morning everyone,

So far the planning for the server update is going good, we have however a little delay on the website for the activation of Trials of Atlantis. I will keep you informed as soon as I get more information.
Can you please update us on why many distributers say official release is the 27th of febuary please?

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
The patchers are up & running for Classic, Shrouded Isles and Atlantis. The size of the patch varies between 10 & 15Mb.

As for the distribution dates, I'll try to get some information.

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
What Fana said! Went to 5 different gamestores in Malmö after work yesterday and made all five of them phone up their distributers after showing them on the GOA-webbie that the official release is infact as of today. But them silly buggers of feckers for distributers all said they moved it to 27th... :( No reason given either as of why.... :eek7:

I called a local shop here in Finland today and they told me that they had been told to release it friday 27th. They knew about the fact that it's been released officially 25th at most european countries...

Oh well... No one is gonna too many artifacts in just 1 day ( I'm counting that wednesday will be pretty much only waiting for servers to come up ) :D

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info, its nice to be informed at work :).
As for release dates, in belgium apparently also on friday only :/.

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
Servers are already coming up for internal tests. No problem so far but this doesn't mean that they will come up soon. We have a lot to check before bringing them live. I'll come back here soon as possible.

The activation page is up but your old links might not work. Just use the basic URL : http://www.camelot-europe.com/.

There shouldn't be any problem activating ToA but you will have delays on re-activating accounts and maybe also on registering new account.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Kemor said:
Servers are already coming up for internal tests. No problem so far but this doesn't mean that they will come up soon. We have a lot to check before bringing them live. I'll come back here soon as possible.

The activation page is up but your old links might not work. Just use the basic URL : http://www.camelot-europe.com/.

There shouldn't be any problem activating ToA but you will have delays on re-activating accounts and maybe also on registering new account.
Take your time Kemor, no rush to get the server up, just make sure they are in working order when i get home from work tonight at 20.00 CET. :)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Kemor said:

except for the people who still can't even buy toa because it's not been distributed?

Including people who pre-ordered it from amazon.co.uk - who are not going to even despatch it until friday??????

Kemor

[GOA] English Servers GM
UK release date is the 27th as it was always announced.

As for the other countries, we do not have much control over the distribution process but so far the information I have indicates that all countries with the UK version are using the 27th as release dates. There may be some stores selling the boxes before, but overall it's easier to think of it this way: UK Version, 27th.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Same as last year except last year people who preordered still got their uk versions by wednesday.

Infact the highstreet brand "game" started selling the copies on wednesday too to meet demand

Personally i couldn't care less about the language the client is in, i've already got the toa client in english i just need a euro key fs :|

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The difference between SI and ToA is that for SI release date was set for the Wednesday but the game shops held it up as they are used to Friday releases. For ToA GoA have official set 27th as UK release date.

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info Kemor!

And about the release date... Whats the big deal? Yes, I was hoping to get it today but my world won't crumble like a cookie just because we have to wait untill friday.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Just a note :) if anyone fancies griping or flaming - do it in another thread, this one is for info/sensible questions.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
The difference between SI and ToA is that for SI release date was set for the Wednesday but the game shops held it up as they are used to Friday releases. For ToA GoA have official set 27th as UK release date.
incorrect

Martok

Part of the furniture
Ahhh i cant beleive this.......... i realy wanted to get my copy today tbh I HATE GAME and there we only release new games on a friday. pfft is all i can say. Why was the release date for the UK client set differently to all the other EU countrys?? can sumone please enliten me.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Thanx a bunch for info Kemor.
And no... my world wont crumble if I don't get my hands on ToA today, but as with all new things one is waiting for I'm abit eager to get it! :D
I'll just help myself with sum Cheese now! :)
EDIT: WHOOO-HOO! Game just called and said that I could come down and get my copy now! :worthy:
awww... and I who whined so much... all for nought... :D /EDIT

Keeilb

Fledgling Freddie
ok mail man was just here and left the little paper thing

now i just have to go too the postoffice and get it

Herjulf

Banned
I am expecting mine to lay w8ing in my mailbox when i come home they sent it from the online store i used yesterday morning the 24th, it usually takes one day sometimes 2 days for it to arrive.

I have already bunkered up with 3 party bags of potatoe chips and a 24pack of coca cola cans.

Expect a all nighter when i get it.
Dunno why really but it will be entertaining to explore all those funky new things.

and hwen i have all that funky shit i expect to see this expression in the face of many many puny albionians.
owned6543.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom