transfering stuff

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

The documentation is pretty straight forward, and once it's all in the same folder it's just a case of letting it do it's thing.

If you still get timeout errors (I wouldn't expect it, it only really gets into trouble when you get up to about 1 gig) you'll have to talk to the sql host about increasing the timeout value in my.ini.
I'm sorry but I'm really thick where this stuff is conserned. I tried to read the stuff on the web site but my head started melting. What do I do with/where do I put the folder I've downloaded?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Alrighty.

Open up bigdump.php and enter your database details into the relavent areas.

Clear off the sql database you'll be using (phpMyadmin or whatever your sql gui of choice is).

Make a folder on your webspace and upload into it bigdump.php and your sql backup (it'll be something.sql normally). You'll need to up them in text mode, so make sure your ftp software isn't setup to automatically upload in binary mode.

Set the directory and contents to 777 (your ftp software should let you do this)

Open bigdump.php in your browser; www.mydomain.co.uk/dump/bigdump.php for example.

Pick your dump and let it run. It'll let you know when it's complete.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
Alrighty.

Open up bigdump.php and enter your database details into the relavent areas.

Clear off the sql database you'll be using (phpMyadmin or whatever your sql gui of choice is).

Make a folder on your webspace and upload into it bigdump.php and your sql backup (it'll be something.sql normally). You'll need to up them in text mode, so make sure your ftp software isn't setup to automatically upload in binary mode.

Set the directory and contents to 777 (your ftp software should let you do this)

Open bigdump.php in your browser; www.mydomain.co.uk/dump/bigdump.php for example.

Pick your dump and let it run. It'll let you know when it's complete.
I'm still getting a similar error: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in \\nas07ent\domains\m\maljonicsdreams.com\user\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 16 plus for some reason I can't set permissions on the files or the folder.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Maljonic said:
I'm still getting a similar error: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in \\nas07ent\domains\m\maljonicsdreams.com\user\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 16 plus for some reason I can't set permissions on the files or the folder.
You logged in as root i guess?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Maljonic said:

You might try lowering the Linespersession option, it's on line 76 of bigdump.php, however it's weird that it's throwing up that line error. When exactly does it happen, after you've started dumping or when you try to go to the php script?

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
i got that error, for the first time, yesterday

i then realised that my mysql_fetch_array had no result to work with... oops

moments later i had added $result to the function and it worked...

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
You might try lowering the Linespersession option, it's on line 76 of bigdump.php, however it's weird that it's throwing up that line error. When exactly does it happen, after you've started dumping or when you try to go to the php script?
Okay, I had the filename wrong to begin with but now I think I'm doing it right. It started out like it was working then said this: Processing file: maljonicsdreams.sql.php

Starting at the line: 3001

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in \\nas07ent\domains\m\maljonicsdreams.com\user\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 390

edit: line 390 mentions linespersession

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
Try halving the LPS setting see if that does you any good.
That didn't work, same error comes up even if I take it down to 500. Do you know why it wont let me change the permissions in ftp?

edit: the worst thing is it doesn't take 30 seconds to time out, it does it in about 5.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
wyrd_fish said:
i got that error, for the first time, yesterday

i then realised that my mysql_fetch_array had no result to work with... oops

moments later i had added $result to the function and it worked...
come again over?

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
Code:
$query = "select* from table";
$result = mysql_query($query);

while($row = mysql_fetch_array([b]$result[/b])){
    print("$row");
}

i had forgotten teh bit in bold...

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I've finally done it now, I ended up copying over all the files individually; it took a long time but it works :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
It wasn't all good, don't tell anyone but I lost a thousand posts in a pruning related accident. :) Everyone's details are intact though withought them having to do anything which is the main thing.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Maljonic said:
It wasn't all good, don't tell anyone but I lost a thousand posts in a pruning related accident. :) Everyone's details are intact though withought them having to do anything which is the main thing.
I think Fatty did that once to the Students' Social messageboard. He set up a duplicate test bed and forgot to change the settings file (Perl based y'see). The absolute path still pointed to the real thing and erm... well, I'll let him tell you the rest.

Needless to say, I logged in, screamed and thought that someone had hacked us. I then had to try and work out why anyone would hack into a bone idle messageboard used by about 12 school friends.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I've got the lost posts back now, they were still on the sql account wyrd_fish let me have a go at using. Now it's only 30 missing posts instead of 1300, thanks wyrd_fish :)

S

Scobos

What next???

After months of research, I find that even though I live in Namibia, no visa electron card will work here. I've opened a cheque account, I even got a VISA Debit card, not an electron, a visa debit card, with a security code, and still, I can't buy online. Well sure I will get a method to do whatever I need to do. This is a promise, when I get my hosting, I'll give you web space, with php, mysql, unlimited email addresses, whatever you need. I am not a bullshitter ;-)

Drop me an email at tmpave@mweb.com.na at this stage. Once I get signed up at a hosting company, I'll help you guys, and I believe that it WILL be soon. I use hostdime.com.

Regards,
Derek, Namibia
+26464405147

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers but I'm all right now. :)

edit: are you also the ex-chairman of a massive oil company who wants to offload 1150000 (one million one hundred and fifty thousand) US dollars into my bank account? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom