Football transfer talk

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Kaka is a great player but I really have to question if he is that great. £100 million plus is insane for any player and wages will be outrageous too. I just do not see how City can every hope to a return on that kind of investment, you are talking £200 million with wages over 4 years and even if they won the league every one of those 4 years with a couple of European cups it wouldn't be enough to recoup the investment.

I suppose with a few hundred billion those are small sums I guess but it is still batshit crazy. Personally with that kind of money I would go and get Pato and Messi.

gohan

FH is my second home
Kaka is a great player but I really have to question if he is that great. £100 million plus is insane for any player and wages will be outrageous too. I just do not see how City can every hope to a return on that kind of investment, you are talking £200 million with wages over 4 years and even if they won the league every one of those 4 years with a couple of European cups it wouldn't be enough to recoup the investment.

I suppose with a few hundred billion those are small sums I guess but it is still batshit crazy. Personally with that kind of money I would go and get Pato and Messi.

ye man city isant being run like a buisness but a rich mans plaything.....

gonna fuck up the market for every1 else, managers of smaller clubs gonna need to get very creative

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
bbc showing that kaka has rejected man city, if its true, fair play to the lad for turning down the cash :clap:

Corran

Part of the furniture
aye apparently the owner of milan (who also is president of italy?? i dont follow them really so didnt realise that) has released a statements stating Kaka is not being sold.... that is shocking but brilliant news.

I would hate to have seen him leave days after releasing a statement that he wants to captain AC Milan, but their reaction after their last match towards Kaka made you think the deal was almost done.

But Prime Minister Berlusconi tonight told Italian TV: "Kaka is staying at Milan.

“For Kaka, money isn’t everything. Kaka is and remains with Milan."

City responded by claiming that they called off the deal.

A club statement said: "Manchester City has terminated its discussions with AC Milan over the possible transfer of the player Kaka.

"Following a meeting in Milan today, the club felt that it was unlikely that the two parties could reach common ground for an agreement.

"The discussions reached only a preliminary stage and the player was not involved at any time. No commercial terms were framed."

City executive chairman Garry Cook said: "Whilst Manchester City Football Club has an obvious interest in world class players of the quality of Kaka, we owe it to our fans that such a transfer must work on every level; commercially, financially, in terms of results on the field and within Manchester City's broader community."

got to love it when they get into this "oh it us that called it off" and then "it must work on financial level"... like wtf, 250m over 5 years on 1 player and you thought it would make financial sense at some stage? lol

leviathane

Part of the furniture
for those too lazy to check bbc here is the link

For ze lazy peeps.

/edit, Thank god for common sense prevailing. And showing not everyone in football is like robinho and cashley cole.

Corran

Part of the furniture
thing is Kaka doesnt need money... unlike most south americans Kaka comes from a rather wealthy family and so it hasnt been an escape from poverty like for alot of players. I htink this is why some south americans look like it all about the money.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
City executive chairman Garry Cook said: "Whilst Manchester City Football Club has an obvious interest in world class players of the quality of Kaka, we owe it to our fans that such a transfer must work on every level; commercially, financially, in terms of results on the field and within Manchester City's broader community."

In other words , "the git turned us down" :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
aye apparently the owner of milan (who also is president of italy?? i dont follow them really so didnt realise that)
He's also a super rich media and business tycoon. It's basically like having Rupert Murdoch as prime minister and owner of manchester united.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
sigh, Agueros stupid father in law, Maradona, wants him to join Inter. I'm glad money can't buy anything.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Peenant joining Pompey, now I know for certain they are getting relegated :D

razeredge

One of Freddy's beloved
Transcript of City's conversation with Kaka :)

"Hello, is that Kaka? How do you fancy becoming the supply line to Craig Bellamy and Darius Vassell this winter?

"No, your fellow countryman doesn’t like the cold and will be out until mid April - but you will play alongside Stephen Ireland"

"No, Kaka, Ireland is a person not a country"

"yes, I fully appreciate that he is not Ronaldinho, Pirlo or even Beckham but many fans have him in their fantasy football"

"I know you are currently the richest man in Italy but we can double it!"

"erm, well, we have had a bit of a slide recently and we are currently 15th"

"erm, out of 20...... but Mark Hughes once won the double for our neighbours"

"Hughes"

"Ex Blackburn boss"

"Blackburn, Blackburn Rovers"

"No, Blackburn......Black.....Burn"

"HUGHES man, HUGHES!!!"

"He once scored a good goal against Spain"

"No, thats Gerry Armstrong..... anyway, are you coming or not?"

"Usually about two thirds full but if we play a big team its really rocks"

"yes I know, but we dont even have a car park cos all the fans walk to the ground they are so local"

"Relevance? well, I suppose its all they have to brag about whether its true or not"

"Only the one to be fair but its called 'blue moon' you will love it"

"Blue"

"yes, definitely blue, always has been"

"No, no, no, they are in Trafford"

"yes they are, steeped in it in fact but what good is history to you my ambitious friend?"

"erm, 1976 I think"

"it was the er, the er League cup if memory serves me right"

"Well, the plan was to get in the top 4 this season and then....."

"yes, I realise that but....."

"Aston Villa? Whats it got to do with them?"

"Yes, I know but we have been down this history route already"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know about Nottingham Forest?"

"Yes, yes, and Leeds United also made a final but you are missing my point, this is all about the future"

"Give me strength......HUGHES!!!!"

"yes I know he did and he was a legend there but he is a changed man"

"forget them, they are falling apart"

"But all those trophies were won last year! They have won nothing in 2009"

"I have told you.... 1976!!!!"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know that Virginia Wade has won Wimbledon since then?"

"Yes she probably is in her 60's"

"I dont know, probably about 10 league titles, 2 european cups and countless domestic cups what has that got to do with it?"

"76,000 why?"

"yes, every game, even minor cups I suppose, but where is this getting us?"

"Yes, the league cup is considered a minor cup over here why?"

"I know, I know, I know, ok perhaps they won the FA Cup in 1970 or something does it really matter?"

"look, Kaka, we will treble whatever you are on now, buy you a mansion in Alderley Edge and give you a helicopter for your front lawn....are you joining us?"

"NO!, its owned by the council - what has the ground got to do with anything"

"well, officially its the city of manchester stadium but most people call it Eastlands"

"EAST!, not Waste"

"You will be adored there"

"No, not there, here I meant"

"No, thats Old Trafford, I meant adored here at Waste....erm, Eastlands"

"Anderson??? what does he know?"

"Ok I hear what you say, but other than Pride, Ambition, Achievement, History, Passion and a large car park - what can they offer you?"

"what do you mean no credit left in your phone.....I phoned you"

"Hello, Mr Kaka,...... Mr Kaka are you there?............................YOU RED B*ST*RD!!!!!"

Fast

Part of the furniture
What a difference a day makes

Yesterday
kaka1.jpg

Today
kaka2.jpg

Ormorof

FH is my second home
so anyone have any ideas where N'Zogbia could end up? he wants out of Toon, and according to beeb has had a fight with Andy Caroll at training lol

will he stay in UK?

soze

I am a FH squatter
so anyone have any ideas where N'Zogbia could end up? he wants out of Toon, and according to beeb has had a fight with Andy Caroll at training lol

will he stay in UK?

Spurs will buy him.

Wenger was also a fan i do not know if he is still interested though.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
all they need then is a striker that can score and they'll be in business! (and maybe a good kick up the backside could help too, but the relegation battle will surely help there)

that said spurs seem to be the type of team that'll have an appaling season, followed by good, then bad etc, so who knows, they could finish in top 5 next season! (of the championship or premiership :p )

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I always knew Bin Laden was a City fan tbh, he will be on the board at Middle Eastlands before long.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
with king swapping for mido Hull could use another striker, hmmmm what a conundrum :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I really do find Man City hilarious at the moment, its as if they loaded up Football manager and filtered all the players in the world by price and have tried to buy the top 10.

I heard they asked Barca and they asked for 25 mil, I hope everyone dicks them about and they fuck off to some other hobby.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Man City | City slickers or laughing stock?

Sums it up

"Cook, a former Nike executive who has said he wants City to become a "global empire" and "bigger than Manchester United", "

lol, will never happen mate. Not a Man U fan, though I find them a joy to watch at times. The best 5 minutes I have seen in football (except maybe Gascoigne going past Colin Hendry in Euro 96) was when they came from 1.0 down to win 2.1 in the champions league final. City will never be bigger than that. You can't just throw money at a club and expect instant glory, look at Blackburn, pretty much a bought team who have now disappeared off the radar.

I hope they do get some over paid prima-donas so that when they get spanked by proper teams they all have a strop.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
so anyone have any ideas where N'Zogbia could end up?

Rumours on the Villa fan websites that he is on our radar. Would be a pretty decent option to have instead of Ashley Young or James Milner. Not sure he would play regularly, though, or if he'd be happy with that.

In other news Villa sites seem pretty certain that we've signed Heskey from Wigan. Okay might not exactly be a Kaka sized move but he is still a good player and would bring a lot to our forward line, if it is true.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
In other news Villa sites seem pretty certain that we've signed Heskey from Wigan. Okay might not exactly be a Kaka sized move but he is still a good player and would bring a lot to our forward line, if it is true.

You got him for a steal imo, very under rated. He may not score that many goals himself but he makes life hard for defenders and is a good man to have up front.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He's great cover for carew and increases the depth of your squad, should get more from Heskey, Carew and gabby with him their due to the competition.

Marc

FH is my second home
Heskey is rare bread these days. A totally selfless player with a top attitude off the pitch. JUst the kind of player O Neill likes.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
and rumor has it he's looking at bringing owen in to see if they can work their magic :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom