Football transfer talk

Ormorof

FH is my second home
rather than individual threads for each big transfer popping up... here goes!

who you hoping your team will sign? what rumors have you heard?!? spotted anyone at any grounds (assuming anyone ever leaves their houses!)

personally i hope Hull do sign Boa Morte and Kilbane, would be great addition, also heard rumors that Steve Finnan could be returning to Premier League for just £1 mill which would be a fantastic buy to shore up that dodgy defence of ours ;)

Also with Rooney now injured for 3 weeks (possibly end up being more, as he wont be firing all cylinders for at least 4-5 i imagine) does this mean Tevez will now get more playtime or will Man Utd simply buy another striker? could give time for a good Berba/Tevez partnership to develop anyway!

Chelsea look like they could use some players, but seeing as they already have fantastic players i honestly cant think of who to buy (my approach with a situation like this would be to sell off a few players who arent pulling their weight and use the funds to buy younger, better players, but hey im not a real manager i just play FM :p )

Liverpool always seem to be needing someone other than Gerrard etc but if they can keep playing Keano i reckon he'll start scoring lots of goals (he seems to score 20 goals a season minimum if hes played so still has plenty to go and with a team like liverpool behind him why not?) so dunno who they would be in the market for.

Portsmouth supposed to be trying to get Saviola on loan from R. Madrid which would be a fantastic deal (especially if it becomes permanent in summer) as hes a good striker and with defoe gone it would help Crouch alot to have a decent forward next to him rather than pissing about on his own!

thats all i can think of atm feel free to add more! (ill add more as i get bored at work :p )

Marc

FH is my second home
The January window is usually pretty quiet as all the big names are either still playing in europe or are cup tied.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
thats true, but still plenty of rumors, Agger to AC for example? and the whole Kaka business :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i doubt he'll go, and anyhoo they'd be better off buying a decent keeper (Igor Akinfeev and Carlos Kameni still at relatively small clubs and might be interested and both really good keepers), and maybe a centre back or defensively minded midfielder (Senna was touted around for them, but might just end up buying a CB instead, Mark Hughes should read the other thread for a list of decent defenders! :p )

soze

I am a FH squatter
Wenger has said he is still looking at players most likely seem to be Arseshaving and Yaya i would not mind getting little Kolo but i think i would go for Arteta over Arseshaving as he is proven in the PL.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Wenger has said he is still looking at players most likely seem to be Arseshaving and Yaya i would not mind getting little Kolo but i think i would go for Arteta over Arseshaving as he is proven in the PL.

aye if they start asking £20 odd mill for arshavin would be better off spending that on Arteta, (worth maybe £12 mill but the extra £££ would be for the experience in the premiership), I dont really rate Arshavin that highly, he only played 3 games in Euros for gods sake and even then he only had a few brillaint moments in 2 of them!

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I would love to see some spanish club buying Buonanotte, but I can't see that happen. He's only 5ft2 (1.57) :( His playstyle is a lot like Messi's though.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I would love to see some spanish club buying Buonanotte, but I can't see that happen. He's only 5ft2 (1.57) :( His playstyle is a lot like Messi's though.

i would like to kiss you , but i cant, ive been trying to remember that guys name so i could buy him on FM for ages :cheers:

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
i would like to kiss you , but i cant, ive been trying to remember that guys name so i could buy him on FM for ages :cheers:

hehe, I've been watching a lot of argentinian football last season, and he's one hell of a player.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I would be very sad if Agger goes to Milan :(

i would too, and im not even a liverpool fan, moving from a team currently top of the premier league the most competitive league in the world, to a league still not quite back to its glory days with still only really 3-4 teams that could hack it if they could somehow play in the premier league! (i would say Inter, AC, Juventus and fourth place rotating between Lazio/Roma/Udinese atm)

i know that sounds like a similar situation in the prem but the difference is the teams below the top 4 still have some world class players and could challenge even the big teams from italy (look at pompey vs AC milan for example, Tottenham used to be able to, Aston Villa, Man City, Everton, even Wigan on current form could beat all but 2-3 teams in Serie A tbh)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
As a dane, im glad that he's chosing playtime over money. We need him in shape for our national team really.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i doubt he'll go, and anyhoo they'd be better off buying a decent keeper (Igor Akinfeev and Carlos Kameni still at relatively small clubs and might be interested and both really good keepers), and maybe a centre back or defensively minded midfielder (Senna was touted around for them, but might just end up buying a CB instead, Mark Hughes should read the other thread for a list of decent defenders! :p )

Kameni will be available in the summer afaik as I think he's turned down Espanyol's contract offer.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Villa need a striker. We are coping okay with only Gabby up front but when teams shut up shop we struggle to make openings. Carew is a big miss for us.

Somebody like Heskey (if Wigan would do business and if he can resist the pull of another go at Anfield) or Kenwyne Jones from Sunderland or even Darren Bent from Spurs would be ideal for us. Somebody speedy and powerful.

Anything else would be icing on the cake.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
man city given permission to speak to Kaka, how crazy can the premier league get? guess we'll find out? :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The Guardian says that Kaka's £110 million (!) offer also includes Dida (bit past it but still an improvement) and some CM who i forgot the name of but is injured.

I really hope he goes to City, would be great to have him in the PL and would be interesting to see City's transfer goals get rolling.

As much as he is a big part of AC, bringing in Ronaldinho for under £20m and selling Kaka for £110 is fucking great business. Can build half a team with that money.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Nah, think he's past his best now Gattuso, can't run round like a loon like he used to anymore.

Although i was just reading that he tore his cruciates at the beginning of a match and played the full 90. Takes a right hard bastard to do that lol.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Manucho? lets hope he can score lots of goal for us Tigers woo :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
just when you though transfer fees were starting to settle now every player a english side is linked with will be linked with City and the prices will go up.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
palacios looks set to make Wigan quite a bit of dosh, cost £1 mill, sell for £14 not bad at all :p

only problem is who will replace him? do they have the players who can step up and continue their league form if they flog all their stars? :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
palacios looks set to make Wigan quite a bit of dosh, cost £1 mill, sell for £14 not bad at all :p

only problem is who will replace him? do they have the players who can step up and continue their league form if they flog all their stars? :p

I'm really annoyed that Fergie has not bid for palacios. Perfect replacement for giggs and scholes as they approach the end of their playing days. Hargreaves out for a long time and Nani not performing. £15million would be a steal for him to be honest.

Corran

Part of the furniture
to be fair i think we got enough midfielders now, centre of midfield is covered plenty and though i agree with Nani being below par for us thus far we already signed 2 new midfielders in this transfer window.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ronaldo to Madrid in the summer. Done deal. Watch this space.

Massive loss to the premier league.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Massive loss to the premier league.

Ronaldo was great to watch last season (unless Man United were playing your team, then it wasn't so much 'fun') but this season he has been well off the boil.

Defenders know what he is about now and that if they tackle him hard he will whine like a bitch. Was funny as hell seeing him crying at Villa Park. That nasty Reo Coker kept tackling him, boo hoo.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
26 games, 10 goals. What an appalling return for a winger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom