train strikes

Chronictank

FH is my second home
METRONET: We continue to work to avert the strike. If the strike goes ahead, it will affect services from this afternoon's peak period. Services will not return to normal until Friday morning. The Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines are scheduled to run as normal. We anticipate that they will be very crowded. No other lines are likely to be running. If possible, please complete your journey by 1700 this evening or use alternative routes including DLR, National Rail and bus services.

Please check for further updates during the course of the day

yay me :(

anyone else affected?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha bastards they get paid a sodding fortune! i knew a couple and he was a driver on like £50k and she was a guard on £30k and its not even that hard...they told me!

Mey

Part of the furniture
Which areas this affecting do you know?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Which areas this affecting do you know?

all underground except the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly
DLR is replaced with buses, as are the other routes

Overground trains should be running as usual

Mey

Part of the furniture
Ah cheers, I just realised it was in the quote durrh..

pikeh

Resident Freddy
30+ grand a year and the fecking drivers go on strike, and all they have to do is pull a lever.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
the joys of driving and living 5 mins walk from work

Litmus

Resident Freddy
i dont even live in london but god those drivers are greedy bastards, anyone woulda thought there job was as important and doctors and nurses

soze

I am a FH squatter
Are they striking over money? I know the train drivers and guard strikes a around the V Festival were for a guard that got the sack for being attacked

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
i dont even live in london but god those drivers are greedy bastards, anyone woulda thought there job was as important and doctors and nurses

They're the ones that keep the wheels in London turning unfortunately... without the wheels no one can get to work.

Need some 7/11 bombings to sort them out...

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Are they striking over money? I know the train drivers and guard strikes a around the V Festival were for a guard that got the sack for being attacked

Metronet control the underground. The incident you are refering to occurred in Essex.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
So you all now before jumping on the kill drivers bandwagon, its not the drivers who have gone on strike its the engineers. They have gone on strike because the biggest engineering contractor, Metronet, has gone into liquidation and they are striking because they have no job security. Even tho TfL have given them emergency funds to keep running till a replacement can be found

Chronictank

FH is my second home
So you all now before jumping on the kill drivers bandwagon, its not the drivers who have gone on strike its the engineers. They have gone on strike because the biggest engineering contractor, Metronet, has gone into liquidation and they are striking because they have no job security. Even tho TfL have given them emergency funds to keep running till a replacement can be found

Exactly, they have no grounds to strike on at all
its just bullshit, i would fire the lot of the lazy bastards and bring in contractors from france at least they will do the job, and probably for less as well

They are striking because of no job security, yet they already have had a contract drawn up garunteeing them their job for 3 yrs, and a security of their pension.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
People deserve the right to strike however.

It's quite lame in a way that prison officers can't strike. In that case - it's a 'if you don't like it - fuck off' affair.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly, they have no grounds to strike on at all
its just bullshit, i would fire the lot of the lazy bastards and bring in contractors from france at least they will do the job, and probably for less as well

Oh I'd at least bring in a nationality which is a little more reliable than the French. The French have been known to go on strike if it is raining outside =)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
People deserve the right to strike however.

It's quite lame in a way that prison officers can't strike. In that case - it's a 'if you don't like it - fuck off' affair.

yeh thats just what the country needs mate!

fucks sake.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
yeh thats just what the country needs mate!

fucks sake.

What happens when the shoe is on the other foot and they all decide to fuck off because they can't contest over pay in way of strikes?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
What happens when the shoe is on the other foot and they all decide to fuck off because they can't contest over pay in way of strikes?

MURDERERS WOULD WALK FREE AFTER SERVING A MINISCULE AMOUNT OF THEIR SENTENCE!!!! OH NOESSS!!!!

...wait a sec....

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Oh I'd at least bring in a nationality which is a little more reliable than the French. The French have been known to go on strike if it is raining outside =)

at least their trains run on time :(

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I'm going to Kent tomorrow from the North, what a cunting joke this is :(

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
at least their trains run on time :(

Aye agreed. Using public transport in mainland Europe is fantastic (well, from my limited experience it is!) The UK's is just a mess, overpriced and under-efficient =(

Mey

Part of the furniture
Pathetic they get 30k a year, firemen don't even get that (or atleast they didn't not sure if it changed after they went on strike)..

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Stop QQing about the poxy train strikes. They strike every year. It lasts 2 or three days then everything returns to normal and its all forgotton about till the following year. The whole bloody affair will repeat and repeat until we're all dead and it will still continue long after the maggots have eaten us.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, train strikes, bah f*ck all.

Try living a month or so with a paper plant strike :eek7:

At the end of the last week, your toilet paper WILL be coming from russia, and russian toilet paper=sand paper at best.

People do have the right to strike, and this again, should be thought out from own point of view. What if they f*cked with your job and you had the choice to strike or take it up the aaaa, take it up the aaaa :kissit:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh im not sure about strikes i mean its a bit like throwing all the toys out of the pram, i dont think they should happen unless its something totally like deadly serious.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
tbh im not sure about strikes i mean its a bit like throwing all the toys out of the pram, i dont think they should happen unless its something totally like deadly serious.

It's the only way of attracting attention for some jobs though. If you ask for a pay rise, they'll say no. If you strike, disrupt services and then ask for a pay rise - they'll take you more seriously.

@Gamah - got a new job very recently -> £5.35 an hour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom