"Top 20 is currently empty for realm points"

illu

Part of the furniture
WTF - where is everybody? I want some albs and hibs to kill :/ It's Saturday night, not even 2am /sigh.

I can only assume:
People are all trying Age of Conan
People have exams coming up
People are bored of the game
People are playing the WoW Expansion (is it out yet?)
People are playing on their Wii Fit
People are playing GTA4.

Something really needs to be done to bring life back to the Euro Servers. All of Europe should be clustered for the RvR Zones - I don't know if this is possible, but in I.T., if you get enough heads together, usually anything is possible.

Get rid of PvE levelling, just give us insta 50 toons ready with Champ Armour.

Advertise and give the game out free on magazines for the next 6-12 months.

Fix Roll of Honour already - For gods sake - it's not been working for about a year now? Absolutely appalling.

And if we can't have clustered RvR - then just give us the option of a character transfer to a server that has people on it. If I wanted to PvE - I would play WoW. I want to RvR - but there is no one to kill.

Sort it out GOA!

Oli - Illu

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I can only assume:
People are playing GTA4.

All probably play a part, think it's time to face the fact that Dyvet is dead.

Plenty of players on the German and US servers still.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
WTF - where is everybody? I want some albs and hibs to kill :/ It's Saturday night, not even 2am /sigh.

I can only assume:
People are playing GTA4.

Something really needs to be done to bring life back to the Euro Servers. All of Europe should be clustered for the RvR Zones - I don't know if this is possible, but in I.T., if you get enough heads together, usually anything is possible.

Get rid of PvE levelling, just give us insta 50 toons ready with Champ Armour.

Advertise and give the game out free on magazines for the next 6-12 months.

Fix Roll of Honour already - For gods sake - it's not been working for about a year now? Absolutely appalling.

And if we can't have clustered RvR - then just give us the option of a character transfer to a server that has people on it. If I wanted to PvE - I would play WoW. I want to RvR - but there is no one to kill.

Sort it out GOA!

Oli - Illu

Are you in that shitty Mid group that was zerging soloers the other day?

There is your answer.....

Not aimed at anyone in particular but having come back for a month to see its worse than ever for player attitude on Dyvet then people wonder why nobody wants to waste their time with it.

Ghost town :D

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well, just from reading FH it's easy to realize what kind of people make the majority of daoc these days, and I'd never want to set my feet in such a crowd. Even whine threads now suck :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie

Not aimed at anyone in particular but having come back for a month to see its worse than ever for player attitude on Dyvet then people wonder why nobody wants to waste their time with it.

rather a shitty mid group to zerg soloers than the usual RR10+ Hib group that does it. Atleast you have a chance to kill one.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Check some posts from 2003/2004 on here. Mythic/GoA haven't fixed any of the major issues the community wanted to have fixed.

That is why the servers are empty in 2008.

5 years of doing fuck all to change the game for the better, but just adding additional PvE grind and different ruleset servers fragmenting the population further.

Missing, but asked half a million times for:

[ ] Way to enjoy the game solo or in a group without facing a zerg (adding discussion),
[ ] Way to enjoy the PvP-side of the game without being level and in top gear 50 (ToA discussion),
[ ] Way to prevent alarm clock relic raiding (CM discussion),
[ ] Way to prevent to have to run 2 accounts (buffbot discussion),
[ ] Way to prevent walk-through/strafing,
[ ] Way to cluster RvR zones further or to copy characters to other servers (...).

Instead we got vanishing houses on empty servers that will make players think twice if to come back, seasonal rewards that will make players think twice if to come back, Mages with Stealth aka Archers and so on.

Once you release a MMOG you have to work with the players to develop it further, you have to listen to them and address the serious issues first!

I wasn't even on FH yet and the problems I mentioned here in this post have been mentioned by others often in this particular section. If GoA would have any good community management they would have listened and forwarded the issues to Mythic and asked for changes.

But all we got was Requiel and the SotG!

And you're wondering why the server is like it is.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, those whines have been around for quite some time now. Though I remember in my early days, running 2-3 fgs on stick was just as good as any other tactic, if there was a certain fg out you simply could not beat on your own :p And if you were in such a group, and managed to kill 4 groups in a row, it was the highlight of the evening.

Some sort of arena (like WoW-ish) should really have been arranged though. It has really been needed as the fg scene evolved and people grew tired of adds. Atleast in the old days the adds were L47 in rog gear and ran around like headless chickens. With full ToA, RR11 and actually knowing what style to press, the zerg becomes much more dangerous.

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
we had a grp of 6 on was bored after killing alb grp 2 times they logged didnt see any mids till we went to a arvakr tower that albs on even then it was only 3 mids we had abit mess around with rams and stuff

the main release date for AoC is friday the 23rd only ppl that ordered it before the 12 or something was allowed to play 6 days before release. We will be moving to there since this server is dead is the best PvP game i've played. Just hope AoC will last till Warhammer if no good

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
First day back playing and all there is a group of lame Rangers who have no idea how to play their class except group together for protection.

And you wonder why no one else plays....

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
was daft to renew when server is so dead and AoC is out in less then a keep we r the only hibs out and albs aint runing solo apart from bondoila dont no what ur char's names r so wont comment on u but was some grp of 5 alb stealthers at bridge when we got there 2 scouts 2 infils and 1 mincer

aika

Can't get enough of FH
still got like 15 days left on accs, so I'm gonna be on still sometimes, prolly zerging on my easymode champ :(

Septina

Part of the furniture
was daft to renew when server is so dead and AoC is out in less then a keep we r the only hibs out and albs aint runing solo apart from bondoila dont no what ur char's names r so wont comment on u but was some grp of 5 alb stealthers at bridge when we got there 2 scouts 2 infils and 1 mincer

What you seem to miss all the time is that noone cares that you group up, but, you choose to gank pretty much everything as a group instead of trying your luck solo vs solo if you happen to come across a soloer, the outcome would still be the same, everyone in the group would get the same rps if you kill a solo person with just one of the people in your group but you choose not to do this. :p

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
we only killed solo ppl that add tho so why solo them if they dont respeced others ?

illu

Part of the furniture

I don't think I've ever zerged soloers, but I have attacked high RR people sometimes with other people as they are almost impossible to kill (Twinsun, Kzn etc).

They should have a sliding scale for RPs too depending on population of the Server as a whole in Real Time. Last night for instance, if I would have found an enemy and there was only me and him on the Server, RPs should be ramped up x5 or something.
There needs to be automatic incentives to get people playing and RvRing.

And I've never really minded being zerged down (it does get a little tedious at times when you attack a hib group of 4 or 5 people, hit their high RR bainshee for 2000 damage and his health stays at 100%, then they 2 shot you) as long as there are people to fight.

I just hope it gets better over the Summer Holidays or we need to push as a community for GOA to give us free character transfers to a different Server Cluster so that we can keep enjoying the game. What is the point being on a server where the only way to progress is to kill people, but there is hardly or no one left to kill?

I'll keep logging in, but GOA really need to do something.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Factor door/wall hps by amout of active players or someshit - pointless to moan tho, not like will be any constructive modification in server rules anyhow, sea will run dry first.

Again have this stupid situation where the frontier full of structures untouchable by most 'groups' running. Fluid frontier not this fucking mac irvr, that tastes nice at first but makes u sick 5mins later.

Server was fun in it's way even with the low pop not so long ago, mebbe will improve when more siegecrafters about and less claimed stuff. Problem with seigecrafting to much farting about, need stuff smashed down, flames going up easy and quick for some fun.

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
siege craft took 12hrs to get up on druid and about 1plat just craft orange ammo all the way to 1000

aika

Can't get enough of FH
AoC servers down for 2 hours
cya on dyvet soon mates ;>

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think I've ever zerged soloers, but I have attacked high RR people sometimes with other people as they are almost impossible to kill (Twinsun, Kzn etc).

They should have a sliding scale for RPs too depending on population of the Server as a whole in Real Time. Last night for instance, if I would have found an enemy and there was only me and him on the Server, RPs should be ramped up x5 or something.
There needs to be automatic incentives to get people playing and RvRing.

And I've never really minded being zerged down (it does get a little tedious at times when you attack a hib group of 4 or 5 people, hit their high RR bainshee for 2000 damage and his health stays at 100%, then they 2 shot you) as long as there are people to fight.

I just hope it gets better over the Summer Holidays or we need to push as a community for GOA to give us free character transfers to a different Server Cluster so that we can keep enjoying the game. What is the point being on a server where the only way to progress is to kill people, but there is hardly or no one left to kill?

I'll keep logging in, but GOA really need to do something.

If it wasn't you then sorry, assumed illuhealer (or something like that) was you :)

Triac

Fledgling Freddie
8-10 alb been farming dragon all weekend and did not step out into frontier at all

Septina

Part of the furniture
8-10 alb been farming dragon all weekend and did not step out into frontier at all

For what possible purpose would you farm dragon on this server?
I'm sorry but judging from the thread title, what are you gonna do with the drops?
Sell them to.......... nevermind.
Make better templates to fight mids and hibs...... nevermind.
Sit at Sauvage and look at your shinies all day long...... suppose so.

:X

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
For what possible purpose would you farm dragon on this server?
I'm sorry but judging from the thread title, what are you gonna do with the drops?
Sell them to.......... nevermind.
Make better templates to fight mids and hibs...... nevermind.
Sit at Sauvage and look at your shinies all day long...... suppose so.

:X

Ahh so true. Nows not the time to be pissing around to get 5 extra dex on your template. Go out and rvr instead.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie

dont think that zerging is a reason for people to stop playing the game... else all games would be dead...

other than that euro servers was dead faar before you notice illu xD

good morning waky waky :p

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
It's a vicious circle i guess.

Very true and one of the reasons certain "soloers" get zerged on sight then wonder why. How many true soloers are there who never add or zerg, not even at low rr's or on alts? Not many.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Very true and one of the reasons certain "soloers" get zerged on sight then wonder why. How many true soloers are there who never add or zerg, not even at low rr's or on alts? Not many.

Bla bla blah, name and shame or shup the fuck up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom