Top 10 scary movies

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Watched "The Grudge" last night...and it's shot to the top of my all time shit-meself-all-the-way-through movies :eek6:

So here's my new, revised, all-time top 10 bum-clenching movies...what's yours? :D

1. The Grudge
2. The Exorcist
3. Omen
4. The Shining
5. Halloween
6. The Ring (either version)
7. Friday 13th
8. The Fog
9. Nightmare on Elm Street
10.The Thing

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg the grudge??? the one with sarah michelle buffy in it?? i saw that in australia with my nephew and could not stop laughing it was shocking, some kid poked his toes through the seat behind mine so i grabbed em and went "RAR" when there was that spooky clicky noise in the film, lol the kid shat himself, Honestly though it was so bad i wanted to lob an m'n'm at the screen.

- hannibal (tbh hannibal lecter scares te crap outta me)

- Saw (man that film was scarey, not so much for the gross bits but i couldnt stop thinking what would i do if faced with the choices the ppl in it had to make)

-Jaws, that movie scared me so much i've never been in the sea since then.

- 28 days later, jeeze imagine if that really happened??

- war of the worlds (origional, as mentioned it scared me so much i couldnt walk under lamp posts after i saw it.

cant think of any more, i love horror films and they usually gross me out but dont scare me unless (like with Saw/28 days later) theres a message in the film like it could happen or what would you do if this happened, thinking about that scares me, and generally i find horror books frighten me more (specially if you read em under the duvet with a torch Muwahahahahahahaha)

I love creature features ( snakes, croc's, spiders, monstars etc), really wish that cinemas would do like they do in USA where they have one night a week of showing classics in double features.

some fave cheesy horrors are

halloween
freddy vs jason.
dog soldiers.
the lost boys.
lake placid.
anaconda/anacondas.
all the alien & predator movies.
really old one called Vamp with grace jones in it.
evil dead 3 the medieval dead.
love those "tales from the crypt keeper" movies, tales from the dark side etc etc got one on tape called body bags where in one story mark hammil goes bug shit and man its bizzarre seeing luke skywalker be a psycho.

any way theres loads more but not going to bore you with em

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
any thing with bob the builder or tweenies in it....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Original ring, jap one, that's it. Just because i got a ferkin phonecall in the middle of the "ring video"(the one the people watch in movie) in the bonus material! grrr.....

Only one that got more then a meh effect out of me.

EDIT: After i was like 12 or something ofcourse. As a kid, plenty of silly movies.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
omg the grudge??? ....Honestly though it was so bad i wanted to lob an m'n'm at the screen.

Guess it's my age - it shit me up :(

Ezteq said:
- 28 days later

Yeah good shout there - had forgotten that one, else it might have made it in the 10.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cant remember the name but there was a movie on tv with "IT the clown" in it, scared me sh**less when i watched it as a kid.
And the japanese version of the ring freaked me out a little too.
Other than that nothing has really genguinly scared me

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
It doesn't take much of a horror flick to spook me out.
Any new Ring, The Grudge, Phone, Dark Water does it with ease. Alien flicks also freak me out pretty bad. Things that don't do it are thrillers. I've never understood how people are scared by murder flicks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
"IT the clown" in it, scared me sh**less when i watched it as a kid.

Damn..forgot that freaky piece of bastard...

It.

Was the name, it.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Tohtori said:
Damn..forgot that freaky piece of bastard...

It.

Was the name, it.

yeah thats some scary movie..

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Bambi

ps. I havn't watched any scary films other than Silence of the Lambs/Hanibal/Exorcist

And liek.. they wernt scary? :(

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't know how someone can even think of Hannibal as scary.
Simply a dude who does not eat your regular meat you can get from your local k-mart.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I do thought of something that's "scary" these days to my cold behind...

Kids in anime singing those "ring around the rosey" type of songs and doing..kid stuff...dark kid stuff...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Scarey Shit!

1. Night Of the Living dead - original of course
2. The Shining - 'RED RUM!' and 'Here's Johnny!'. Classic Kubrick
3. Exorcist - gave me knightmares when I first saw it as a kid.
4. Saw - Best horror in last 10 years.
5. Alien - the original and best cinematics of any horror movie
6. Brood - David Cronenberg films normally good.
7. 28 Days Later
8. Invasion of the body snatchers - original
9. Texas Chain Saw Massacar - Original
10. Living Dead 1 or 2, 3 was just too funny.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Kids in anime singing those "ring around the rosey" type of songs and doing..kid stuff...dark kid stuff...

That opening sequence in T2 or T3 (?) with the kids playing on the swings when the nukes go off. Scarey shit!

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Dreamcatcher made me really scared to use the Toilet that night

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Bubble said:
Dreamcatcher made me really scared to use the Toilet that night

But the ending, fight between the two aliens was crap. Spoilt a good flick imo.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
1. IT
2. Ring
3. Exorcist
4. Saw
5. Dreamcatcher
6. Alien
7. Candyman - original
for me :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aw man someone just had to go and mention a clown didnt they??? well i hope your satisfied thank you very much, i purposly did not mention IT cos pennywise scared the ever living crap outta me, i hate clowns at the best of times!!!!
anyone seen that jason movie where the little girl is in a tiny clown suit and she turns evil at the end? just proves my point clowns are evil even 8 year old cute girl clowns.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just for Eq :p

clown%20sorbet.jpg

EDIT: Oh crap...now i can't get it out of my head...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Not much scares me these days as i'm too old and jaded (well maybe the amout of tax i'm paying these days.)

But my top 10 favourite creepy films would be

1 - The Devils Backbone - creepy mexican zombie ghost children FTW!
2 - Ring - Japanese, i can't face watching the remake, even though i've heard it's ok, just because i hate the cultural leeching of hollywood
3 - Nosferatu (the origonal, not the Kinski remake) Max Schreck is superb as count Orlock, especially as nobody actually knows who Schreck is as it was a pseudonym and he only ever appeared to the cast and crew in full makeup (Shadow of the vampire gives a very interesting interpretation of this with Willen Dafoe in the rold of Schreck)
4 - Nightmare on Elm Street - old now but was quite the shocker when i was a whippersnapper
5 - An american werewolf in London - I still get a bit jittery when on the underground late at night and there is noone else about.
6 - Freaks - genuinely unsettling film, the scene at the end is one of the scariest in film history. Slightly let down by the transformation at the very end, would have been better off cut there. Shame it was banned for so long
7 - Little Otik - Very odd little film, funny and more than a little creepy if you ask me.
8 - Phantom of the Opera (1922 version) Lon Chaineys greatest performance. Shows you don;t need big budget special effects and million pound budgets.
9 - Spooky encounters - kung fu horror comedy at it's best!
10 - Leprechaun In The Hood -what can i say, greatest film EVER!

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
I find the jap Rings to be incredibly boring. Watched them all in a row one night (0, 1 ,2)... I find that special effects are required for horror flicks like the Ring. It's not that psychological... otherwise it wouldn't need the nice special effects.
Got to see what the american version of "Dark Water" will be like. Although I haven't even gathered the gonads to watch the stars and stripes Ring 2 yet.

The Devil's Backbone was pretty strange, not a bad movie though. Freaked me out at a few points. Then again it did ease up a lot towards the end, so it didn't leave a permanent mark.

The Exorcist really got me going when I was in seventh grade. It's not half as bad these days, but the possessed girl still freaks me out.

The Shining was more of a comedy in my opinion.

Hooary to horror flicks based on special effects, cliches, and the simple "boo" factor.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I remember watching the Care Bear movie for the first time and shitting myself i was about 4, the crazy bastard bears :(

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Saw without a doubt

I dont usually watch horrors because, they just go over the top with the blood & gore and think thats enough to scare ya.

But Saw is a complete head fuck, it works without needing the blood & gore thats just extra

Otherwise cant beat Mr Vampire or Spooky Encounters for good comedy horror :clap:

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Horror honestly do not scare me, but I watched Nosferatu at abotu 10 and that scared teh shit out of me.

Maybe thats why they dont bother me. hmm.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
Otherwise cant beat Mr Vampire or Spooky Encounters for good comedy horror :clap:

ahh! one of the funniest films ever!!!!

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
I've got to give "Ring" and "The Grudge" points for scaring me - The Grudge doesn't work in the cinema though - it needs to be watched in your house, late at night, in the dark, through a surround sound system...

That creaking noise never comes from the damn TV!!! It comes from the patio doors, it comes from behind the sofa, it come from up stairs, or outside my window... ARGHH!!!!!! :(

Ring - i have the footage from the video they watch, in AVI format i think, on my machine at home - if anyone wants to scare the crapola out of a friend, let me know, ill upload it somewhere ;) heh!

I also consider Aliens (the second one - note the "s") one of the most intense horror films of all time - yeah it's Sci-Fi, but it's too heart stopping, imo :m00:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
SFXman said:
I find the jap Rings to be incredibly boring. Watched them all in a row one night (0, 1 ,2)... I find that special effects are required for horror flicks like the Ring. It's not that psychological... otherwise it wouldn't need the nice special effects.
Got to see what the american version of "Dark Water" will be like. Although I haven't even gathered the gonads to watch the stars and stripes Ring 2 yet.

Yep I found the jap ring movies interesting more than scary. whatever anyone might say about gore verbinsky he is a master of cinematic visuals (also see pirates of the carribean), his version of the ring was far superior to the original both in style and frights. The Ring 2 remake is average but not bad by any means, funnily enough it was directed by the original ring director but was stylistically inferior to the the first remake.

My favourite horrors: ring 1 remake , rosemarys baby, the exorcist, and jaws when i first saw it :(

Probably the best recent scene i remeber is in a relatively new horror 'darkness falls' , its a shit movie but the opening scene with the young boy in his bed when the 'tooth fairy' comes was quite scary :p

Dont consider saw to be a horror to be honest. More a thriller in my book. And the grudge was pretty average tho it did have some good frights

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
guys, how can you sit and say that Ring isn't scary, but Exorcist is???

Exorcist sucks!!! it wasn't scary, the only really good effects were the bed flying about and the girl coming down the stairs (which was cut from the original anyways) - the rest of the effects were got by having a mental-case director firing shotguns behind the set, and having the rooms rigged like a massive fridge...

As horror films go, then it'd have to be just Aliens, Ring, The Grudge and the Evil Dead series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom