Too much Daoc?

Thecure

Fledgling Freddie
this is fake there is space only for one in pokys heart and thats me

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
a while ago on the job i had to print out a official report. My co-worker play daoc aswell. the char he was plaing then all the time was falkens.. in the botom of the report i wrote:

Technicians:
My own name / Steven Falkens

after it was published my m8 came to me asking "Are you kidding me?", even then i didnt realise that i used hes daoc name instead of hes irl lastname :)
:m00:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
I say 'nerf' and 'lol' all the time irl... :)

But 'lol' is an actual word in dutch and it means 'fun' :p
Though almost no one in Belgium - who's not an online gamer - uses it, it's something ppl from Holland use.

Saje

Loyal Freddie
Robby said:
When someone tells a joke I say "lol"

Once me and some friends were looking for a table but couldn't found one, so I said "the room is camped."

I do Latin. And mij teacher was telling about Nero's punishments to the Christians. Christians were thrown for the lions, and teacher said they had no chance, so I replied, "they could have killed the lions if they had assisted properly instead of all beating on an other lion". Needless to say she was not amused.

(none of this is fiction. It really happened)

Hillarious.. I once woke up and started talking about buff bots... my gf thourgt i was insane :p

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
But 'lol' is an actual word in dutch and it means 'fun' :p
Though almost no one in Belgium - who's not an online gamer - uses it, it's something ppl from Holland use.
Not quite.. only the nerdy ones might use it. :p

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
This one time, i had a dream...

(im a machine driver irl xD)

So, in the dream i was in a roleplay, those outdoor events with lots of middle age dressed up ppl...
the thing was, i was driving a Frontloader (kinda like a bulldozer on wheels)
So i started running over lots of ppl with swords, spears etc and they all yelled
"NERF! Cheater! Overpowered!" all the time.
when i woke up i felt bad for killing those poor sods who had no chance, but when i look back at it now, i have a good laugh.

P.S. Mid was never OP xDDDDDD

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
3rd Edition made the game better in many aspects and if you don't play it as hack & slay, I like the new ruleset a lot more than the old 2nd Edition one =) Imho the real problem is being the DM and trying to get the high lvl chars off their throne when they think they're all demi-gods and can do whatever they like =)) and if you like RPG irony, try that =) http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript some of the stuff also happened to me =)

Btw, this makes me remember another thing of when we were playing. My bro was DM and he started with: "You get into the room and there is a huge flag on the wall, showing a tree as sign" My mate turned over to me and said: "Hahaha, it's Hibernia" =)

Stuff like that happens lots and it's kinda funny if nobody understands =)

Hmmm nah 3rd Ed ruined it, just wasn't D&D anymore for me, it completely ruined clerics for a start in my opinion. And D&D wasn't the most well rounded games to start of with. D20 is the devils work. I refuse to play 3rd ed when I do do the P'n'P thing.
Only good games about now for long term campaigns is 7th Sea or Earthdawn, both are nicely thought out.

Haha, some pretty fun stuff here :) And btw, the flask thing wasnt true fend, just had to see if you read it ;)Purge thingy was though, kinda scares me :worthy:

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Snakester said:
was a funny thread once on VN boards, some dad let his 3yr old sit on his lap while he was playing his inf. wasn't until in macdonalds one day his 3 yr old stalked up to a girl and slapped her in the face and shouted PA! that he stopped letting him sit there.

thought this was so funny :)

ROFL :worthy:

Reser

Fledgling Freddie
Thinking about this i reguraly say gimp,nerf,lol and amagaad in RL omfg maybe im playing this game to much

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
Hmmm nah 3rd Ed ruined it, just wasn't D&D anymore for me, it completely ruined clerics for a start in my opinion. And D&D wasn't the most well rounded games to start of with. D20 is the devils work. I refuse to play 3rd ed when I do do the P'n'P thing.
Only good games about now for long term campaigns is 7th Sea or Earthdawn, both are nicely thought out.

Clerics are ruined? =)) My bro plays a lvl 17 Gnome Cleric and I can tell you for sure that he doesn't feel ruined at all :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Tryied to double click on the local shop assistant to see if they had what I wanted for sale and then dropped £10 on the girl at the till...she slapped me so I said "emote rude" to her. She called for security so I said "yeah f*cking cfh, I'll still pwn you". As I was led away I said " so freakin' lame adding on me like that, wait 'til I get a fg up...". They just laughed and said "You're an armsman, you won't get a group". Bastards :(

(Maybe... :D)

eble

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guilty of saying 'lol' and also at times saying to my GF that i'm going solo to the shops.

Shes knows i'm insane so its ok :D

Eble

PS she is ok with my DAOC usage as long as I dont go 'solo' in the bedroom

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Clerics are ruined? =)) My bro plays a lvl 17 Gnome Cleric and I can tell you for sure that he doesn't feel ruined at all :p

Yup ruined, and they were my favourite class, but I CBA to debate it, been far to long since I looked at the rule books to remember the arguement. I tried it once and it was quite enough, I just play 2nd Ed, though havent touched that in a long time either.

Not much around now thats worth playing for an extended campaign alas.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
faril said:
he flask thing wasnt true fend, just had to see if you read it

thread needs a real flask :)

flask.jpg

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
No sorry "turning into an insane weirdo" is still not ticked on my list :|

Got "to be an arrogant prick" at wast though.

valimmar

Fledgling Freddie
lol

well thats my story

After a bad drinking omw to home i fell down to the road....
the only idea think that came to me that time was. ( i realy need a keyboard to right /release house)

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
well i usually like veryone play daoc use irl words
like wtf , lol , rofl , zerg etc .

still the funniest thing i have ever seen was my brother
telling to a girl .

my bro : DO u know who i am ! i am maramar ! ( with a big smile for
saying sthing that she didnt even know what it is )
Girls's thoughts : WTF is he talking about ( well, she seemed like that xd )

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
wutae said:
my bro : DO u know who i am ! i am maramar ! ( with a big smile for
saying sthing that she didnt even know what it is )
Girls's thoughts : WTF is he talking about ( well, she seemed like that xd )

rofl :D I AM TEH GREATEST ARTHURS PALADIN!1 SHALL THE LIGHT MELT US TOGETHER111!

i only had such things with starcraft ;p~ a long time ago ;p~ other than joking with rl friends who also play daoc, then u come up with bs like 'stick up' or make daoc jokes out of films

Wela-Gusa

Fledgling Freddie
i listen sometimes the quack from query on quakenet
QUACK QUACK QUACK
AGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
best FH post ever, good to see im not the only one that need shrink

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Me, raid, horsma and salamurhaaja got a load of chicks when we went to talk to em saying:

"Do you know that we all are rr10?"

and

"Do you know how much I had lwrps?"

That's like, the best pickup line I've ever used ;p

Kalba said:
Me, raid, horsma and salamurhaaja got a load of chicks when we went to talk to em saying:

"Do you know that we all are rr10?"

and

"Do you know how much I had lwrps?"

That's like, the best pickup line I've ever used ;p

ROFL XD

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
nakkiel said:
knew it was bollocks from that point on

yeah, it was actually me and sala getting em :(

PS. Never let truth spoil a good story

Users who are viewing this thread