Too much Daoc?

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Once 2 years ago I had a terrible nightmare and all I remember was that I just press /q *enter* and then I woke up all sweaty in my bed.

Then I had a break from Daoc for about 2 months then I was healthy again and went on it again :(

Still nice posts :clap:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well it never happened to me in DAoC-style, but I have a few other funny things =)

I'm a passionate roleplayer of various systems and one day I was talking to a friend of mine about some stuff he wanted to buy. He then told me it costed so and so much gold pieces =))

Once I was with 2 friends for network playing and we played Homeworld at like 4am and I was reaaally tired. I didn't really do anything with my base and slowly fell asleep when one the other guys asked if you could upgrade the ships. I suddenly woke up and instantly answered: Sure, you get a statpoint every 4 lvl's and a feat every 3 lvl's. Was sure a laugh for them =) ( It's D&D 3rd edition rules =)) )

Again we were having a night of roleplaying and there was some really boring scene where we had to go through a labyrinth and I had totally given up trying to do anything, so only one of my mates actually tried to map the whole thing. Slowly my head went down and after some time I started to think about Age of Empires 2. Well, in the meantime my mate had finished to map the whole thing and the Gamemaster looked at my other mate and me and asked: Ok, so what are YOU guys doing in the meantime. Well, I got up lightning fast and thought: Ha, you didn't get me sleeping, I payed attention. I instantly said: Well, I'm waiting for the catapults to shoot...then I realized what I had just said and we were all laughing our arses off =)

And yer, the "lol" saying after a joke is a problem of mine, too =)) sometimes

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Ya, somtimes i say lol or lmao or rofl in real life.:( MOM: Kyle, damit ure never gonna make anything of ureself u bum. Me; mom:( i got an rr8 cabby.... I think u know when uve played to much doac when you live alone, done have a job, no work, and dont eat.:) COUGH MARCHEGIANI lol jk

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Snakester said:
was a funny thread once on VN boards, some dad let his 3yr old sit on his lap while he was playing his inf. wasn't until in macdonalds one day his 3 yr old stalked up to a girl and slapped her in the face and shouted PA! that he stopped letting him sit there.

thought this was so funny :)

lmao

Tarmak

Fledgling Freddie
It was about two years ago and i farmed with my pally in df, soloed some easy mobs for seals.. However, my bro came to me for dinner, and when we ate he said something insulting to me ( as usual <3) I thought about punching him in the arm ( as usual ) but first i looked down to the right for his con!

Then i started laughing, bro asked "Why are you laughing muppet?"

- You were green ! :D

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i had the fins nightmares :D

trying to heal everyone and running out of mana and no matter how hard i tried i couldnt keep everyoen alive :D

ahhh fins they caused me more sleepless nights than scary movies :D

or there was our matey karl who crafted for 3 days solid till he passed out in his chair :D he is whati would call a power gamer :p

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
trying to heal everyone and running out of mana and no matter how hard i tried i couldnt keep everyoen alive :D
aye been there :<

dreaming about stuff and confusing regular situations with daoc is another sure sign that you might be taking it too far.

fun example: dreaming your sis woke you up in the middle of the night because your dog had gone completely apeshit and was running around EMAIN killing cliff beetles and you had to hold him still on the pad until the gothis could port him home.

Galid

Loyal Freddie
i've had several of these situations, but the best one was before daoc:

I was running down the road 2 catch the train a couple of years bk. when i got down 2 the station i was late and the train had just left... so i though well nvm i'll just load at last quicksave and try again.

erhm DOH !

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
stubbe said:
aye been there :<

dreaming about stuff and confusing regular situations with daoc is another sure sign that you might be taking it too far.

fun example: dreaming your sis woke you up in the middle of the night because your dog had gone completely apeshit and was running around EMAIN killing cliff beetles and you had to hold him still on the pad until the gothis could port him home.

Ive had loads of dreams similar to this :D mine usually mix games with movies...but very similar scenarios >_< like Apoc runnin around shooting gremlins in a CS map or summit o_O

Dreams where u are in the game urself are the most scary tho..have woken me up several times :( either coz I get killed or summit else, explosive in nature, happens >_<

/Dracus

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
( It's D&D 3rd edition rules =)) )

3rd ed sucks :( its just not real D&D.

Prefer Earthdawn these days though I hardly play any of them anymore alas. (no time).

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
faril said:
And when my mum ask me for where my waterbottle is, i say: FU fenderon, ffs you know i've lost that one ages ago!

FU you too :(
and stop calling your parents "fenderon"..

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well i ussually call my big ugly boss (wich eyes are standing not correctly :p) a mutated inconnu that now lives on the dry, he doesn't get it at all :D

anyway stranged thing that hapend to me ws euhm; I was cycling to my school, when i heard some dudes behind me speakig about the guys infront of them (me and my m8) about putting some serious alb zerg on em, etc they thought we had no idea what they were talkig about.
and they looked very strange when my m8 said: you f*cking noob warlock, go push ur single button orsmt!!

the sight on their face was Never to forget;P

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
3rd ed sucks :( its just not real D&D.

Prefer Earthdawn these days though I hardly play any of them anymore alas. (no time).

3rd Edition made the game better in many aspects and if you don't play it as hack & slay, I like the new ruleset a lot more than the old 2nd Edition one =) Imho the real problem is being the DM and trying to get the high lvl chars off their throne when they think they're all demi-gods and can do whatever they like =)) and if you like RPG irony, try that =) http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript some of the stuff also happened to me =)

Btw, this makes me remember another thing of when we were playing. My bro was DM and he started with: "You get into the room and there is a huge flag on the wall, showing a tree as sign" My mate turned over to me and said: "Hahaha, it's Hibernia" =)

Stuff like that happens lots and it's kinda funny if nobody understands =)

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Let's say that I once tried to /send to my friend irl by trying to type in the air. Few seconds later I got that "oh wait feeling"

Oh yeah, and one time in a bar I was trying to convert euros into g's and trying to figure out how many platinas one euro is.

Let's say that I felt owned after that ;)

oh yeah, just remembered my dream of last night.

I met moik & poky irl and they made fun out of my swedish skillz, and then I got pissed and rooted poky and dotted moik, and then poky purged it. BUt then some albs came and we had to fight them together.

I *really* need a break :D

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
well, so far I have used only some daoc words irl .. like lol, fu, gimp etc
But also .. when I play CS, I try to push that RUN button (num lock for me) all the time to make my CS char run handsfree :p

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
But also .. when I play CS, I try to push that RUN button (num lock for me) all the time to make my CS char run handsfree :p

you aint alone on that one im affraid :(
i remember when TOA just came out, i had a dream that my shaman was fully TOAed and with all MLs and shit, dang i was dissapointed(sp?) when i woke up and realised i didnt even had toa yet :p
and yea, the "lol, gimp, fu" thing irl is allso a problem, luckly my bro and my mates has played a little daoc so they understand me :D

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
and when a gf brakes up with you your heart is on 70% durability :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
say "zerg" "gimp" irl I think.. =P

had this freaky dream once that I was in a grp with my druid and that I couldnt heal anyone or do anything , felt really frustrating.

Prolly dreamt some more but never tend to remember what I dream :X

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Best sentence so far must be following:
"The whife glares at you" :worthy: Dunno if thats only in hib you get "that" message from the dragon, before it kicks ur arse ;)

Ubba

Fledgling Freddie
omfg

omg i read this post and pissd my self the whole way through

i read it at work at was laughing my head off everyon lookin at me foneh :p

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
Telling my GF to stop QQing when she moans is my only slip up, luckly she stares at me with a blank bewildered look. (hmm not sure if thats a good thing tbh!)

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Having beer with friends > daoc ... most of time :cheers:

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
[02:16:26] <wittor> do you love me?
[02:16:31] <poky^^> ye for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom