Tone Down the BackStab

F

FragFodder

MOD to Tone Down the BackStab

Server side mod is available to fix the pull/backstab problem.

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2129.shtml

Jolt are testing it at the moment but I can see it becoming very usefull :)

From what I can tell, this mod doesn't stop peeps from BackStabbing but it redueses the ammount of damage inflicted by the move, so its no longer a 1 hit wonder.

*The Readme info*

May 31, 2002
==============================================
Map Name : Backstab Reduction 1.0
Author : lordvader a.k.a schnarf
Website URL : none, as of yet
Map description : This mod fixes the amount of damage done by the backstab.
Other info : Weeee!

Additional Credits to : Raven, for being one of the most gamer-friendly dev teams.

Thanks to : The entire Raven team.
==============================================
* Play Information *

New Sounds : NO
New Skins : NO
New Objects : NO

* Construction *
Brush Count : n/a
Vert Count : n/a
Entity Count : n/a
Base info : MP SDK as a base
Software used : Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, q3 compilation tools
Known Bugs : none
Build Time : approx 45 seconds

FF

A

Atomic Rammer

Im trying it on my server now seems good.
Dunno if this is a side effect but there seems to be people with double sabers who dont know how they got them since i installed it.
Cheats are off of course.

Takes 3 backstabs to kill now.

O

old.Rafferty

To be honest, I don't mind so much now the pull + backstab move. If someone uses it on me in a duel and it's all they do I'll first ask them not to (a request to which a lot of people are resonable towards) and if not I'll just leave. I like pulling off the backstab in blue stance without pull or push and killing stariaght off. i think it not only loks cool but says somehting about your skill and timing which I think would be lost if you toned it down.

Although I do think it could be discouaging to new players who are constantly kiled by it, I think this could be prevented by a better fan-support, with guides etc. (Btw anyoen whos interested in compiling the definitive guide I'd be really interested in hearing from you as I thing more new player-support is needed to make JK2 a major player in online games).

A

Atomic Rammer

Another thing i just noticed is that it stops u spinning around mid backstab and twatting people from all angles.

F

FragFodder

All i know is.... The pull/backstab is VERY effective and if it is possible to counter for the sake of newbies I honestly think that it should be done. Even if there are only a few special "Newbie MOD servers" running this

FF

K

.Keith.

Re: MOD to Tone Down the BackStab

Originally posted by FragFodder
Jolt are testing it at the moment but I can see it becoming very usefull :)

we are?

M

mr.Blacky

all is not lost, currently testing a server side mod that SEVERLY RESTRICTS BACKSTAB, i can't say if this will work with what we've got or if it's going on, i need to test it a little more. Stay tuned ;o)
ehhh Keith (from Jolt) said this on Jolt forums? unless you have finished testing?

M

mr.Blacky

:twak: :p dont I aint stable no more :D I have windows you know, I have just blamed you for my last crash :(

F

FragFodder

Doh..... Found out the MOD has unforseen side effects so Jolt have binned the idea of using it :(

Ohhh well... was hope whilst it lasted

FF

A

Atomic Rammer

Side effects like what?

I found that the pause between swings was reduced lots and u could jump up really quick after a knockdown. Blue style you could swing about 3-4 times a sec! Also the double sabre thing.

Anything else?

F

FragFodder

lol nope.. I think you nailed most of the problems :p

FF

A

agraucred

thank god, i was getting sick is seeing people run backwards and swinging there saber in a mindless attempt to get a 1hit kill, very lame tactics!

Z

Zey

Jolt have got a slightly different version... so keith, i beg u, send me a copy so it can go on our league servers :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom