This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by SilverHood, Feb 21, 2016.

1. SilverHood

SilverHood Part of the furniture

2. Moriath

Moriath FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Pvp meh. Leads to script kiddies botting or worse.

Pve is where i am at these days.

3. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Or your old man jenkins reactions are too slow ;)

4. Moriath

Yes. I used to play soldier of fortune and cod online and be respectable.

Now i cant compete with teens on games so i dont bother.

One day you will find out. ;)

5. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

I'll be getting it on Playstation 4, I did the BETA for PC and Darkzone was full of speedhacking cheating bastards that had infinite ammo/no reload, less of that on console.

6. Poag

Poag m00?

That odd. We did ~14 hours of DZ on PC (Fri/Sat) and didn't encounter any cheaters.....

Was it in the 1-7 banding? I wonder if they were burning accounts to use hacks....if so i'm not overly concerned for release, the game costing what it does...but again, didn't encounter any ourselves...

7. BloodOmen

Wasn't the open BETA. Was the last BETA and they were everywhere, so much so they even got their own IGN article.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/02/01/cheaters-plague-the-divisions-beta-on-pc

Ubisoft basically claimed it was due to glitches rather than hacks themselves, either way I wasn't taking the risk and decided to just buy it for my PS4 instead.

8. SilverHood

I spent abut 7 hours in the Dark zone roaming solo yesterday, an even split between the 1-7 band and the higher one. Didn't see any cheats at all. Anyway, who is going to buy a $60 game and then cheat? That's a lot of money down the drain. That said, didn't stop people cheating in DAOC and that was a monster time investment once you got to level 50.

OK, so just watched the video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPGZTFkfwwU

That's some nice hacks! But, nothing that can't be defeated with a bit of teamwork and positioning.

9. Poag

Poag m00?

Hmm, oddness. We had an instance where someone none of us could see killed two guys in our party on Sunday morning, but we had a similar instance where one of our party was invisible to us in the Closed Beta, so i'm guessing it was the same thing.

Some media from a 3 man we ran Friday during the Open beta

and never use the turret in DZ

10. SilverHood

Heh, looks like a good time. I had similar experience PvPing in the dark zone. Took me a while to figure out the turret aggression, kept getting turned rogue. Useful for those who drop turrets at extractions.

11. SilverHood

Seems I can't edit my post anymore, I did see some glitching, both on my squad and opponents. One guy killed everyone while invisible. We talked to him afterwards and he said it was strange, we were just ignoring him. On our screen, he was down the stairs still. Then one of my teammates glitched. We saw him as next to us, while he was downstairs on a minor killing spree. Beta I guess.

12. Poag

Poag m00?

Yeah I think turret mechanics need to change inside the DZ, so that the turret only shoots at what you shoot at, rather than just 'hostiles', but until then you can prod them and turn people rogue for funs....

13. Raven

Raven Shut up, Just shut up! FH Subscriber

Got it free with my graphics card.

Glad I didn't pay for it, what a load of tosh. Repetitive missions, bullet sponge enemies. Shooting "bosses" over and over in the head with a sniper rifle.

Uninstalled.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Moriath

Glad i didnt buy it

15. Access Denied

Access Denied It was like that when I got here...

The game itself is good. However the Dark Zone is a massive piece of shit that needs fixing fast! And they need to add an option for non-PvP in the DZ, especially as most of the people you come across are hacking/editing game files.

Before you start accusing me of qqing or whatever, I'll give you an example. Last night myself and two mates were in the DZ, alongside us were no less than 12 other players, all of us trying to kill 3 rogue agents. Just before I said fuck it and quit (Actually the reason why) ONE of them came out in the open. Cue all 15 of us unloading everything we had into him. Not only did his health not go down at all, but while he had the animation for reloading, he never stopped firing. Killed all of us without taking his finger from the trigger. That's just one example, I've encountered many more. The DZ isn't fun when people can cheat with relative impunity.

They've implemented a reporting feature and a random game file check but it's not enough. They need to take everything that can be edited for damage/health/shield/skill etc away from the client and put it server side, otherwise there's just no point in playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Moriath

Thats a huge hole in their code if any of that is client side in an online game.

17. BloodOmen

Why I stopped playing it. Was in the DZ myself and kept getting killed by a guy running up and down a street at about 500 MPH while just holding the fire button down/never needing to reload.

18. Fafnir

Fafnir Part of the furniture

Not seen any "hackers" since the incursion patch hit, all i now see is a**holes in DZ that hunt soloers, and when thoose soloers bunch up on the rogues they go away.

19. fettoken

fettoken FH is my second home

Sounds vaguely like DaoC back in the days. Just missing the Mid zerg steamrolling the leftovers.

20. Moriath

And the alb zerg going after the mid one hehe. Followed by the two groups of the hib zerg. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Raven

22. Moriath

Seems very broken

23. Access Denied

A few ideas.

1: Make the main map useful once the story missions and side missions have been completed. Seriously, they spent ages making this huge area and now it's practically useless.

2:A properly working anti-cheat system. I'm fed up with empyting an entire extended mag from Pachan in someone in the DZ only for them to shrug it off and 1-shot me.

3: Make the crafting system more refined. Allow us to choose the stats and talents we want on our gear and weapons, even if it requires VASTLY more materials to craft. I'd happily grind for mats if it meant I didn't waste them on a shit roll.

4: Give us an option for a non-pvp DZ. I like running around in a group getting into battles with people but more often than not I'm running solo and getting fucked by groups of people for the items I just worked hard to get.

Oh and not so much something to add to the game but something for them to consider. Anyone caught cheating/hacking gets their game key revoked. Some people have spent upwards of £80 buying the game and the season pass. Anyone going to risk losing all that money by cheating?

24. Embattle

Embattle Part of the furniture

25. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Ubisoft..........

26. Fafnir

Fafnir Part of the furniture

And they ran out of dailys again tonight... :p

27. SilverHood

Looks like I dodged a bullet, even if I enjoyed beta.

28. Raven

Apparently they are making a film. I wonder if its a montage of people being machine gunned in the head then turning round and one shotting people.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Access Denied

They've broken the game again. So not only are enemies bullet sponges anyway but they do insane amounts of damage. Because of this, if you want to surivive for more than a second you need to be running ridiculously high toughness. This mean your DPS is going to take a huge hit. For example, I had to go from 396k DPS and 250k toughness to 450k toughness and 250k DPS just so I wasn't getting 1 shotted, and that's with max armour mitigation.

They bought out the new expansion which included a new Assault Rifle, the G36. Best gun in the game, everyone was using it. So instead of buffing the other guns to make them a viable alternative, they've nerfed the G36 damage by 15%. That drops my already suffering DPS down to 201k. Now it takes so many bullets to kill one NPC that despite having 1500 rounds when fully loaded, I find myself running out of bullets before I've completed whatever activity I'm doing.

Massive/Ubisoft are so incompetent I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. BloodOmen

Survival mode coming to The Division - You start with low level green gear and a pistol - you need to find food and water, need to keep your body tempreture safe among other things.

from Kotaku

The Division's Next Expansion Transforms It Into An Intense 24-Player Survival Game
    By Stephen Totilo on 07 Nov 2016 at 4:50PM
    The forthcoming Survival expansion for Ubisoft’s huge third-person open-world shooter The Division will turn the game into a treacherous multiplayer survival game in which hunger, heat and thirst are as deadly as any enemies roaming the game’s virtual New York City. The game’s developers explained the surprisingly ambitious mode during a surprise livestream earlier today—and they announced that it’ll be playable for some PC players today.

The paid expansion, titled Survival, was announced at E3 in June with scant details but was delayed over the summer as the game’s developers at Sweden-based Massive diverted development to fix design issues that had marred the Division after launch. That work resulted in a recent patch that drastically improved the game, allowing Massive to focus on Survival.

[​IMG]
    Screenshot from Massive’s Twitch stream of the new Survival mode. The developers say the game’s map has been majorly re-worked to depict the impact of an incoming blizzard. Snow piles up even more on cars and visibility is diminished. Note the lack of a mini-map.

Survival is an optional mode for The Division that operates as a sort of elaborate extra mission with distinct gameplay systems and a roughly two-hour limit before the player’s character will die. It’s set on the same map as the main game but with a different scenario. In it, a blizzard is bearing down on New York City and a group of Division agents need to make it to the centre of Manhattan to retrieve some key antiviral drugs. The helicopter the agents are on crashes, scattering its inhabitants around the map. What that means in gaming terms is that up to 24 players who matchmake into a Survival session will find themselves starting in spots all around the perimeter of virtual Manhattan, each stripped of their gear, each trying to make it to the centre before their character dies.

Survival encompasses the full main map of The Division, though re-worked to be full of snow. Each player’s starting gear consists of low-level green items and a pistol.

As described in today’s livestream, players will find that their character is cold, hungry, dehydrated and sick, all of which are systems that need to be managed to survive. Medicine and painkillers slow down the disease. Hunger slows health regeneration. Thirst limits vision and awareness. Cold gradually kills the player. You need to scavenge to survive by exploring helicopter crash sites, opening caches and tearing through apartments to find food, gear and clothing. All of the vanity items from the main game—scarves, coats, etc.—now have a cold rating on them and will warm players to different degrees. Players can also hunker down in apartments or stand near fire barrels to warm themselves.

[​IMG]
    Screenshot from Massive’s Twitch stream of the new Survival mode. Players must keep warm. Formerly useless cosmetic items from the main game now offer cold resistance. But players start with none of this gear and have to find items as they explore and fight to stay alive.

Survival is adding new hideouts in the game’s map, all of which include crafting tables where players can craft their skills. Players don’t start with skills, the developers emphasised. You won’t even have a first-aid healing skill.

The new mode also removes the game’s mini-map to make things tougher.

Survival can be played by players who have the DLC regardless of character level. They can play in PvP or PvE, with a score bonus if you choose for the more dangerous PvP option. In PvE, players can’t kill each other, but the scarcity of survival supplies may still make that mode feel competitive. There are no rogue mechanics in the game, though the developers say that players will be notified when a player is downed and can decide whether to kill them, save them or take their gear.

Death is more of a danger in Survival. Players who are downed can be revived by other players or even self-revive with medkits, but anyone who is downed too long will expire and leave the session. There is no respawning.

Players who die part-way through a session will get a score that may earn them rewards to take back to the main game. Those who complete the session and extract will get the best rewards.

[​IMG]
    Screenshot from Massive’s Twitch stream of the new Survival mode.

There is no release date for Survival, though the paid expansion is slated for console and PC players. Some will be able to sample it today. The developers said in the stream that those PC players who bought the game’s season pass before last Thursday can play a beta version of Survival starting this afternoon on the game’s public test server. That test version will be available via Uplay but not yet for Steam.

The Survival DLC will be rolled out on PC and Xbox One concurrently with a 1.5 patch that adds new weapons, named gear pieces, a new World Tier 5 and raises the gear score. The patch will be free and also come out for PS4, but the game’s marketing deal with Microsoft will slow the release of Survival to PS4 players, who will get it some time after PC and Xbox owners.