toa wont run on laptop plz help

seth

Fledgling Freddie
i installed all software latest driver (that i could find ) my laptop spec is
p4 2.4ghz 512 ram with radeon 7500 mobility chip set

when running the game everything seems ok i get as far as player selection screen then the problems start

to start with the player s on the selection have no faces then when i enter the game its all blue i have my quick bars etc and can c the sky and names
but thats it.
ive tryed everything formatting etc wont run grrr i need my laptop

can anyone help me thx

steve

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
ATI don't release drivers for their Mobility chipsets, it is down to the specific laptop manufacturer.

I read somewhere about people having problems with Call of Duty on laptops with Radeon 7500 Mobility chipsets, which was down to an update for Windows XP.

Try

Re-installing your software and drivers.
Only install the updates for Windows XP that block the Blaster virus.
Install DX 9.0b

If you still have a problem, then you need to hunt for updated mobility graphics drivers from your laptop manufacturer.

As a last resort try this trick from this website (disclaimer - I have never used or tried this - only use in desperation IMO)

http://www.kzar.net/catalyst3.4.html

seth

Fledgling Freddie
thx dude it wored

Cjkace thx for info m8 worked a treat

thx again

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
i'm having the same problem which of the above fixed it? i don't really wanna reinstall windows tbh.

Stranger

Fledgling Freddie
have ati mobility 6.. on lappy.. they're not supported by ToA or SI :(

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
CjkaceBM said:
ATI don't release drivers for their Mobility chipsets, it is down to the specific laptop manufacturer.

I read somewhere about people having problems with Call of Duty on laptops with Radeon 7500 Mobility chipsets, which was down to an update for Windows XP.

Try

Re-installing your software and drivers.
Only install the updates for Windows XP that block the Blaster virus.
Install DX 9.0b

If you still have a problem, then you need to hunt for updated mobility graphics drivers from your laptop manufacturer.

As a last resort try this trick from this website (disclaimer - I have never used or tried this - only use in desperation IMO)

http://www.kzar.net/catalyst3.4.html

I really wanna use that site (i have an m7500 ati card on a lappy) and im worried il get it wrong and screw it up completely, any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom