ToA - final blow to solo assassins

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
There seem to be a few misconceptions about how bodyguard works. The following is taken from Vision of Sages, and gives players experience of how the ability works.

Nowhere does it say the bodyguard actually takes any damage. As I understand it, they're trying to make you switch target - it would be kind of pointless if you can just continue swinging at the person being guarded to kill the bodyguard. The 'You must kill <name>' message that has been reported hints strongly at this being the case.

Both the bodyguard and the person being guarded can fight in melee, but the person being guarded must remain still in order not to take any damage.

The two things that aren't made clear in any description of bodyguard is whether it can be switched in combat, and if there any timers associated with its use. I'd certainly hope that there would be a timer to prevent a duo just switching bodyguard between each other as you change target.

someone posted a screenie some time ago: if you want to melee a guarded player you get a message ("You have to kill <name>" or similar); The bodyguard does not take automatic damage when you try to attack the one guarded - you have to switch manually to the bodyguard and attack him;

what I haven't found out yet is how switching bodyguard works. I assume it works similar to switching guard but I haven't founf any info about this yet.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
I think they are gonna bugger PBAoE up tho

ALL AE spells are not supposed to have any effect while under a roof after the next patch in the US if I have read correctly... and besides ToA has left alot of means to counter the PB box.. with storms of all kinds (mana draining ones, DD ones) and a skill that scares pets away (no more pets on the support).. pluss a 40% 700 area casting speed reduction....

Il be darned if bodyguard will have any effect at how effective PB groups are, given all the counters wich are allso gonna be added :)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Well if this goes ahead there will be little point trying to run FG rvr in Albion anymore.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
Im really scared about a pbaeobox with 2 chanters/elds unkillable due to a bodyguard from hero and warden :eek6:

Dont go in the box! ;)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
If there is a reusetimer, it should be really easy to counter since the bodyguarded person has to stand still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom