TOA Client to be Phased Out

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
dub said:
id rather use slow deteriorating to describe the process , if you bothered to read youd notice i dont claim doom but rather draw on previous events to estimate what we are likely to get :)

Yeah I agree with you m8! What we are likely to get is d000oo000ooo000ooom!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
If Mythic put in more effort into the Catacombs client then maybe things wouldn't be too bad. Once ToA is gone they'll only have a single client with a few expansions, instead of loads of separate clients.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Pirkel said:
Yeah I agree with you m8! What we are likely to get is d000oo000ooo000ooom!

could you quote someone else when you postfarm ? :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
dub said:
could you quote someone else when you postfarm ? :)

Sure consider it done!

Could you quote someone else when you make a fool of yourself ? :)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
you have to be fucking jokeing me ...

they phase out toa , they phase out my dual logging , they loose a customer!

gogo tosspots :/

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
another kick in the teeth for dual loggers, but hey if your still caught in the trap of needing 2 x acc just to play this stupid fucking game maybe its time to rethink.

i hear US classic is doing well.

I personally refuse to pay for 2 acc just to compete and have done for nearly a year now. Heres hoping many make the jump to classic servers (no not glast) and pay for one acc.

Maybe this is another way of saying, sorry we messed up the game with toa.
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: awaaaaaay.....

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Pirkel said:
Sure consider it done!

you couldnt for reasons known only to yourself , i cant because im not able to read your mind to establish when you think im making a fool out of myself....

do you have any opinions on mythics policy regarding clients ? or just more insults ? :)

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Sure consider it done!

rofl !

and dub you fool you quoted pirkels doooom post when you went on a random rant, thus pirkel quoting you.

but anyways, i cant bear to look at toa gfx, jesus christ are the chars fugly ! how did i ever play that crap ! but yeah performance on new client needs to be fixed, and hey look, it has been. so less qq

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Aeris said:
rofl !

and dub you fool you quoted pirkels doooom post when you went on a random rant, thus pirkel quoting you.

but anyways, i cant bear to look at toa gfx, jesus christ are the chars fugly ! how did i ever play that crap ! but yeah performance on new client needs to be fixed, and hey look, it has been. so less qq

hmm well actually i quoted darzil with an explanation of why i think mythics performance previously in this regard has been lagging wich pirkel then quotes and replies to with his credo , dont hurt to read thread before commenting :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Agrigo said:
you have to be fucking jokeing me ...

they phase out toa , they phase out my dual logging , they loose a customer!

gogo tosspots :/

did you even read what the post said or you just want to say doom?

mythic know alot people still use toa client when doing thing like rvr to avoid to much lag.

they are fixing the memory leak in cata/dr and will hopefull make dr just as smooth as toa for rvr and they even want there customer to tell where they got the problems.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
If you find your hardware can't deal with a new client, it's time to upgrade your hardware. This will never change - no matter what MMORPG you play.

Would you want to keep using the same crummy client for 5 years straight instead of having a new one that utilizes the standard of pc hardware at the time of it's release?

Mythic has supported TOA for as long as it was economically viable. It's turning into a money drain, so they're killing the client off. Labyrinth of the Minotaur won't even support the TOA client anymore - all the new minotaur race related graphics are for the newer clients.

Nate

FH is my second home
Tesla Monkor said:
If you find your hardware can't deal with a new client, it's time to upgrade your hardware. This will never change - no matter what MMORPG you play.

Would you want to keep using the same crummy client for 5 years straight instead of having a new one that utilizes the standard of pc hardware at the time of it's release?

Mythic has supported TOA for as long as it was economically viable. It's turning into a money drain, so they're killing the client off. Labyrinth of the Minotaur won't even support the TOA client anymore - all the new minotaur race related graphics are for the newer clients.

Would you want to change your client which works perfectly for a shoddy new one that has a lot of issues that are yet to be dealt with?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
Would you want to change your client which works perfectly for a shoddy new one that has a lot of issues that are yet to be dealt with?

If I had trouble with any of the clients, no. But then again I've never had problems with the clients, since I upgrade my game pc regularly. ;)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
poof. tbere goes all my 2½accs :<
main comp 1333mhz 512ram gf4 runs toa fine but the rest not that good(dr horrible if mobs around).

comp2 2,4ghz 7xx ram grap gfx laptop that run cata crap and crashes in main citys(dr crashes after 10sec).

comp3 500mhz 312ram gf2. runs toa decent. cata LAGGY if no mobs around and dr not at all :<

and not buying a new comp as daoc is dying and no other good games about and have other expenses.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I wont play daoc on DR or cata client. Its to clunky and out of sync.

toa is crisp and feels right. I really tried to make the cut over to the DR/cata but its unplayable imo. I have played on different rigs and its the same on all of them.

my main PC is a beast, duel core with a 7800gtx and 2 gig ram, sat drives etc... cata suxs on it. Same with old rig which is a 2.4 gig 1 gig ram ide drive 6800gt. Played with other powerful machines and still get the same response from DR/cata.

if you keep using with it you start getting used to it, but its just horrible. Isnt fixed by picking toa models on DR/cata client either.

Fine if they wanna remove TOA client, but they remove my subs with it.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
This isn't about upgrading my system to cope with a crappy game client, why should I?

My system runs smooth as playing Bf2 with everything up to medium settings in the thick of it, thats supposed to be one of the worst games out there for ripping s system apart.

I can dual log 2 x catas or DR clients depending on where/what I'm doing, but this game is totally unplayable in NF dual logging these clients at the moment, I can play one DR/Catas client 100% no problems tho, as censi said catas feels clunky in NF.

It wasn't me that made a game that makes people need two accounts to play properly.

The game has run its course I'm not about to upgrade (or buy a second PC)to play a game that at the end of its road anyway.

Roll on WAR, I'll be able to play a single client again no worries.

Eble

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Hawkwind said:
Fine, but not everyone has that much money spend (100-200 GBP). Or would risk buying second hand parts. Some people that play are students and rely on parents to pay for upgrades. Or worse on Grants for uni and any money spent on comps would detract from the main object of Uni getting sex, drink and drugs ;)

What he described was a fairly ancient system m8 :D

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
to all dual loggers:
get a bb comp cheap in the ads in your local paper or on the net, almost any crap will do. Wont cost more then a evening in the bar.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The freeshards are getting closer all the time, not arsed with fancy gfx, just wanna play, ah the old frontiers....`googles freeshard` :p

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
as said above many times, RvR just isnt as good in any other client they do not have the same responsivness. DR/cata are fine for PVE, crap for RvR.

Poor decision by mythic. certainly will never consider resubscribing now.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
If I had trouble with any of the clients, no. But then again I've never had problems with the clients, since I upgrade my game pc regularly. ;)

Its not a case of frame rates. My pc can more than handle it in extreme resolutions. They just dont feel right and have glitches that can effect the outcome fo a fight.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Punishment said:
What he described was a fairly ancient system m8 :D

How does that change anything? If people don't have 100-200 GBP to upgrade a comp they can't play. As stated this change does not affect me at all, I generally play 3 accounts on 3 comps all running DR client. However I know a couple of people in Guild that will be affected and it worries me. With ever declining numbers on this cluster its just another nail in the coffin.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Simple solution:

[ ] - I'll get a (better) job and buy a new comp (with all the good and bad consequences).
[x] - I am a full time student or can't be arsed to work for whatever valid or unvalid reason and I'll ask my family/friends for a loan and buy a new comp (with all the good and bad consequences).
[ ] - I'll whine like a madman, cause I can't run with my mega mates in C64 graphics to Agramon anymore on my 4 years old machine and dual log two buffbots for the whole group on a 386DX40.
[ ] - I'll whine like a cry baby and demand superior graphics and performance, I don't care about the fact that the 3D-engine always sucked.

Seriously, PC software is most of the time bloated in terms of memory and cpu usage. Only few code in a proper way in those regards and big hint: IT IS NOT Mythic!

I can't test the new improved client atm, but instead of whining like this you could tell if it improved and give good feedback to Mythic. Instead of "I am, I bought, I used to have, I have the right to...".

Scrapping all clients but one is a good idea to begin with. Hopefully they can get the authors of the 3d engine to fix it.

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Oboy said:
to all dual loggers:
get a bb comp cheap in the ads in your local paper or on the net, almost any crap will do. Wont cost more then a evening in the bar.

Ehh, how much do u spend in bar / night? :eek2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom