ToA and its impact on RvR

Rage

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings

I have now tried ToA out for a day or 2 and read up on the ML's and a few artifacts and I have begun thinking that they dont really sound at all that powerful to me anymore. When the artifacts get their nerf so only 10% bonus will be available total to damage and speed etc, they will still be good but not overly so. What I mean is that a skilled fully SC'ed and equiped group with a good setup pre ToA seems viable even if they meet people with ToA items.

Sure some items give an edge, but with skill it should be no problem overcomming that edge, and RA's seem far better than ML's tbh. I cant really see a risk that rr2 ML 10 people will be able to take out an ML 0 rr5+ group atm, but I might change my mind later on who knows? I have lately started RvR'ing a lot more than before and enjoying it far more than PvE atm so it would be a bit sad if I have to go back to PvE just after semi quitting it ;-).

It seems to me that ToA will mostly effect the allready high rr groups. Say 2 rr7+ groups allready skilled where one has artifacts + ML's and the other do not.

I have only as of now completed the first ML and tried for myself the battlemasters sapping strike. Many have surely come alot higher and could perhaps comment on the higher abilities of their class and possibly how they will use their new abilities in RvR. Will you adapt your playstyle? If so in what way? If you encounter an ML group, who will you attack first, and what MLs will you use to counter their new abilities etc?

I hope someone with some insight can comment on my questions.

with regards
Rage - Co GM of Legends of Midgard

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Most ML's dont really change the way small battles will happen... There are a few exceptions to this, Perfector for example has several abilities that could change the way a fight happens...

However, when big stationary fights happen, then ML's become a whole lot more powerfull... I'll wonder when we'll see the first animist schroom-farm trying to take the relics...

Artifacts however, have a much greater ability to change the way fights occure, seeing most of their abilities are instant and on short enough timers (15 mins or less)... Stuff like the AE-snare (unbreakable) from Staff of God...

That and the new bonuses (damage, speed, range, etc)...

So I do agree, an RR2 group most likely wont have much of a chance vs a RR5+ group, even if the RR5 one has SI only and RR2 has ToA... However... RR5+toa against RR7+si... Then things might change... Simply because most important RA's are gotten in the first 5-6 RR's...

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
ToA might be the end of my Daoc life, I am doing ML2.10 atm but with a computer 700 MHz Celeron, 416 SDram and Geforce4 Mx420 64Mb.

This game is not fun to play anylonger, and since I am unemployed and cant do upgrades to my computers, this really sucks bad for me.

I get LD about 10-15 times a a day and Battlegrps have to w8 for my ybermachine to relogg.

So i will skip the ML for a while and hope that my old skills shall be enough though....hmm this might get away from topic.

Anyway ToA is bad for my Daoc life :(

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
hm, impact you say
mota3 costed me about 1 mil rps (8l6 -> 9l2)
and that's feking 3%

and now every1 with toa can get 25% (!!!) within a week
difference?

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
You could have gotten MotA3 within a week aswell if you didn't wait till rr8+ to get tho.....

Xplo

Banned
its nerfed to 10% :p

and ML's and artifacts will give high rr artifact equipped gank groups more power :)
But I see toa as a blessing, your char gets much more stuff to play with :touch:

Draxa

Banned
could this be the reason why your unemployed?

Killrake 50
Slinkie 50
Barudi 50
Toxicate 50
Deleterina 50
Selector 50
Cavie 50
Pilare 50
Ballistor 50
Old 50
Falgara 50
Troxita 50

jk :kissit:

Prisma/Sniper

Fledgling Freddie
Draxa said:

Killrake 50
Slinkie 50
Barudi 50
Toxicate 50
Deleterina 50
Selector 50
Cavie 50
Pilare 50
Ballistor 50
Old 50
Falgara 50
Troxita 50

heheh lol;o

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
so far the impact of toa on rvr seems to be that albs are 'owning' emain with their 2fg or so at mmg who kill the one or two solo mids :p

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Draxa said:

Killrake 50
Slinkie 50
Barudi 50
Toxicate 50
Deleterina 50
Selector 50
Cavie 50
Pilare 50
Ballistor 50
Old 50
Falgara 50
Troxita 50

lol

Herjulf

Banned
Ilienwyn said:
Emain? What's that?? ;)

Btw, give underwater rvr battles!! :D

and /nude and /strip slash commands.

I wanna earn money with my Troll Shaman.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
People would pay a lot of money to see a Troll strip tbh ;O

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Guess Mythic has fuked up with MLs, artifacts and so. They are already nerfing em with 1.68 n i would not be surprised if more nerfs come with next patches... and reviews of some MLs that are virtually unusefull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom